[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the longest amount of time you're willing to wait
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: bc8.png (218 KB, 592x385) Image search: [Google]
bc8.png
218 KB, 592x385
what is the longest amount of time you're willing to wait before being seated at a restaurant?
>>
3 days
>>
>>7444794
3 seconds
>>
>>7444794
If it's some Red Lobster-tier place, 15-20 minutes, if everyone else really wants it. For a really high end place (assuming I'm retarded and didn't make reservations), I'll wait up to an hour. I'll just sit in the bar.
>>
>poorfag problems
>>
>>7444805
20 minutes for a chain restaurant? Seriously?
>>
>>7444841

It's usually faster than getting back in the car and going someplace else.
>>
>before being seated
Is this another 'Murican thing like tipping? Because I've never had anyone tell me when and where to sit when going to a restaurant.
>>
>>7444844
I guess. As someone living in a bigger city where you have 10 restaurants in walking distance I'd just go elsewhere.
>>
>>7444794
have I made a reservation? if not, thirty minutes if I'm with a party. if someone else made the plan I'll start complaining at 30, and suggest we leave near 45. If I'm on a date and there is bar seating I don't care. The longer we sit at the bar the better in my opinion.

if I made a reservation I better get that seat within five minutes like yo i've been through this shit on both sides you knew i was come give me a fucking seat you retarded slut
>>
About 15 seconds.
>>
>Waiting all that time
What kind of city you guys live in?
>>
I've waited for over an hour to get into Clark's Fish Camp
>>
>Three Facebook Frog threads on the front page
Are we being raided?
>>
Longest I waited was 50 minutes at the Blue Door pub in St. Paul minnesota. Tbh I really didn't care because they had a waiting room in the back with chairs and a big screen tv. So I spent 50 minutes getting dickered and talking with fellow wisconsin bros. Service was some of the best I've ever had once we got a table.
>>
How much was I looking forward to the re restaurant?

Will I have the chance to go again or am I out of town?

By what means can I entertain myself in the meantime?

Factors, OP. Factors.
>>
>>7445058
>Facebook Frog
Nice try you fucking normie.
>>
>>7444794
depends, thirty if I have my phone with me
five if I'm really hungry
>>
>>7444794
Waiting for seats? I've never had that happen to me. If the restaurant is full I'm leaving and going to someplace else as soon as I know.
>>
>>7445261
>Blue Door pub in St. Paul minnesota
Hipster detected

Did you orderr a batch their shit-tier Spam Bites too
>>
>>7444794
30 minutes for somewhere exceptional and 15 for someone less good
>>
>>7444849
Depends on the joint. It's pretty common in certain places in North America.
>>
>>7444794
>what is the longest amount of time you're willing to wait before being seated at a restaurant?
25 minutes unless I'm actually not hungry yet, and have lots of talkative or cuddly company to chat with while I'm waiting. I don't care if I'm standing outside enjoying the weather and chatting, or sipping a drink at a bar, if the food will be worth it. If it is just hype? Nah, I won't wait. I will avoid that place on a Fri/Sat night or other peak times, and go elsewhere. If it's like the best breakfast joint in town and I have out of town guests, ohhh, we'll wait. If it's expensive? They should be doing reservations and not cattle herding walk-ins.

When I live in D.C, they did it right, most places had call ahead waiting lists, so you could chill at home or windowshop elsewhere 45 mins and arrive and get seated right away. Beepers are second-tier.
>>
I've grown up poor so restaurant waiting was never a problem since even Applebee's felt like high-end cuisine to me. No problem waiting, really. If you go into a popular place at dinner rush, you're dumb for getting mad at the waiting time.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.