[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, can anyone give me a good recipe for mashed potatoes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1457245154009.jpg (138 KB, 943x529) Image search: [Google]
1457245154009.jpg
138 KB, 943x529
Hey /ck/, can anyone give me a good recipe for mashed potatoes?
>>
>>7443585
boil potatoes

run through a ricer or sieve

add any of the following: butter, cream, sour cream, cheese, herbs, etc

season to taste. White pepper goes better with potatoes than black pepper though.

Its also important not to over/undercook the potatoes, over work the potatoes, and use starchy not waxy potatoes. You should also at least be salting your water that you boil them in. You can also flavor this water or use broth/stock to add flavor to the potatoes as they absorb both the water and flavors in it.
>>
Seriously, nigger?
>cube the potatoes
>put them in a pot with salty water
>boil them
>drain when thickest cubes are soft
>put them back in same pot
>lower heat to low
>mash them how you like
>add milk and butter to get desired consistency
>salt and pepper to taste

It's literally just "do it how you like it"

Now fuck off.
>>
>>7443585
jej

>acquire potatoes (if it's for one meal, just one large would do)
>peel and chop potatoes into cubes
>boil potatoes until soft
>strain and put into a bowl
>add cream or butter for smoothness - mash that shit up
>add salt & pepper
>add herbs and maybe some vegetables if you want (Marjoram, parsley, green onions, garlic all work well)
>mix and eat
>>
>>7443601
>Strain and put into a bowl
>Into a bowl
>Bowl

Are you not able to use the pot that you cooked the potatoes in?
Why waste dishes?
>>
>>7443611
>>7443599
>>7443600
>>7443601

Are you niggers dumb?
>>
>>7443585

>boil potatoes
>dump potatoes on the floor
>stomp on potatoes
>eat your fucking potatoes you cunt
>>
>>7443736

Are you?
>>
>>7443741

Clearly he is. He will probably say to put them in a food processor until they are nice and gummy
>>
>>7443741
>>7443743
OP is talking about the UFC fight that just happened last night. A popular Irish fighter got his clock cleaned
>>
>>7443758

You're fucking retarded. This is a cooking board and op asked how to make mashed potatoes.
>>
>>7443758
i think people know that but what does op want them to do on the cooknig board? make off topic posts about UFC and spam xD so funnay /sp/ memes when its likely they don't even care. Just wait long enough and /sp/ lurkers might eventually flood in and start shitposting but until then enjoy the recipes.
>>
>>7443758

Yes. We are answering his question seriously, those without autism might find it funny.
>>
>>7443758
>make reference to thing
>people don't understand the reference
>"omfg you dumb niggers!"
you may have brain damage, just like ufc fighters will eventually have
>>
potatoes, yellow-fleshed type, 500g/1lb
garlic, 8 cloves
cultured cream, 250ml/1cup
>or double-heavy/heavy-whipping cream if cultured cream is not available
parsley, fresh, chopped finely, a handful
>or a heavy pinch or two of good quality dried
salt, to taste

Wash and peel (or don't) the potatoes.
Peel the garlic.
Cut the potato into smallerish pieces.
Steam the garlic and potato until the largest piece is fork tender.
Run through a ricer.
Whip with cultured cream and parsley.
Allow to sit ten minutes or so for the potato starches to hydrate with the cream and thicken.
Salt to taste and serve.
Best. Mash. Ever.
>>
Protip:

Dont cut the potato small because if you do your mash ends up Gluey.
>>
>boiling potatoes for mash
>2016
Roast them, don't add any liquid
>>
>>7444088
I actually never knew this, thanks anon
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.