[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating Animals ALIVE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8
File: KILLLMEEEE.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KILLLMEEEE.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
This shit is hardcore. Have you ever done it? Would you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1cff6HYMHE
>>
>>7443532
>eating a fish while it's alive and gasping for air and it's body has been fried and sliced up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDi-dlgukA0
>>
>>7443540
Here's one where they're shoving alcohol into it's mouth while it's sitting alive on their plate.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=149_1455947923
>>
I can't believe those animals are alive when they kill them
>>
>>7443532
No. It's unnecessary. They can just as easily kill it quickly right before serving or cooking it. I am not squeamish about butchery, but plating an animal with its still-living head is extremely disrespectful to it, in my opinion.
>>
>>7443602
Squid tentacles remain alive for a while on their own tho
You can't kill them quickly
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7443602
>They can just as easily kill it
>plating an animal with its still-living head is extremely disrespectful to it
you are an idiot with a misplaced sense of "compassion".

please take some time to examine and think about your beliefs
>>
>>7443623
There's nothing wrong with being merciful to animals. It can't hurt.
>>
>>7443623
There is no need for increasing the time it suffers while dying
A quick death is always better than a slow and painful one.
It's a fact not muh feels and no imaginary sky friends involved.
>>
>>7443623
needless cruelty does not improve the flavor of your meal, and only outs you as the worthless sack of shit that you are.
>>
>>7443610
Yeah, I'm talking about ending the animal's brain function prior to butchering or serving it. I understand that muscle synapses of the non-conscious parts of the animal keep firing for a while, but that's not my issue. You can just as easily put the tip of a knife or a spike through the squid's head before you cut it up.
>>
Savagery for subhumans and the mentally ill, no civilized human being would engage in this
>>
>>7443636
Actually, in some animals the opposite is true. Stressing it out by killing it slowly makes the meat taste like crap.
>>
>>7443617
Pretty brutal mirite?
>>
>>7443645
I love it when people get triggered by this stuff:^)
>>
>>7443532
why do nips pride themselves on being able to not cook?

>>7443822
2 bombs wasn't enough
>>
File: 2016-02-25 23.45.16.jpg (43 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-25 23.45.16.jpg
43 KB, 252x240
The butt-hurt in this thread is off the charts!
>>
>>7443532

what's the first part he slices up? he serves it. I thought only body and testacles could be eaten.
>>
>>7443543
macabre. i think id have to wait outside for those people.
>>
>>7443532
>This shit is hardcore. Have you ever done it? Would you?
oysters
>>
they don't eat it alive though
>>
Really the initial issue is the Yuck factor of "eating something that moves" and once you get over that I don't think many people would have an issue

Like even shitty frozen squid rings were made from a squid which wriggled around after it died

If you think that this is cruel and needless suffering but that eating fish that was killed out of your line of sight is okay maybe think on this.

> p.s. it suckers to your throat and moves around when you eat it
>p.p.s nobody posted the one with frogs yet xD
>>
>>7443532

Don't fear the Reaper.. EAT IT!
>>
>>7443532
I've never tried it, but I would.
>>
>>7443532
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYwi86WaOYA

I've tried video related

It wasn't bad, but the tentacles stuck to your throat. it was weird 2bh
>>
The majority of these videos are of animals that maintain reflexes after they are dead or animals that outright feel no pain so its not really edgy, just kind of disturbing visually to some.
>>
>>7443532

A lot of this is social signalling, just like fox hunting. It's to show you are above the petty revulsions of the lower classes, you're ascended.

Next stop living monkey brains, after that a living member of a different human tribe. Can you go all the way or are you just a pleb?
>>
mmm isn´t this like, unhygienic? are they assembling the remainings of the fish along side its guts? can't this infect the food? isn´t an standar practice for the meat to not touch the guts?
>>
File: finger.jpg (3 KB, 238x238) Image search: [Google]
finger.jpg
3 KB, 238x238
>>7443540
>fish
>gasping for air
>>
I'm surprised no one has posted this kills the frog yet...
>>
>>7444812
You realize that muscle and organs are literally touching each other before they are separated, right?
>>
>Eating Animals ALIVE
Dinner and a show, for the price of one. I bet it makes dates exciting.
>>
>>7443828
But this is in China. They are all Chinese.
>>
>>7444895
>hakodate
Naw mang, after watching the video it definitely sounds like a bunch of chinks visiting Japan.
>>
>>7444899
>a bunch of chinks visiting Japan.

Yea, I guess you're right.
>>
>>7444434
I love how sincere /ck/ is - your memes are all like "here look at shitty food" and "this food is popular lol"

and you all think that killing a lil squid is horrible eheh desu its banter
>>
>>7444948
>/ck/ is one person
>>
>>7444513
That look fucking delicious. Where can I get some?
>>
>>7444112
I'm the person that was having a discussion about human morality and killing non-human animals with you in the other thread. I am not squeamish, I kill my own animals, and I eat them. I will not torture them by butchering and eating them before I kill them. Those posters do not hit the nail on the head. Causing an animal that is going to feed you to suffer needlessly is inhumane. But then again, you're a person who wants to murder human beings who eat animals, so I think your perspective and your humanity are in question.
>>
>>7444166
Oysters don't even have a central nervous system so it's impossible for them to feel pain.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnDV7IsRM34

I'll make a point of eating there when I go to Dublin this Summer.
>>
>>7444538
>animals that outright feel no pain

Can you cite that please? I'm not one of these vegfaggots but to believe animals don't feel pain is stupid. Even plants feel pain.
>>
>>7443602
Whiner
>>
>>7443828

China and Japan have dozens of michelin stars between them and their cuisine is lauded by professionals constantly

The Chinese master-apprentice cooking system and it's cuisine is one of the oldest culinary cultures on earth too

This kind of stuff isn't really my cup of tea but you do understand this kind of stuff is too place emphasis on freshness of ingredients right?
>>
>>7444513
Learn to fucking chopstick.
>>
>>7445110
>Even plants feel pain.

Can you provide evidence to that statement?
>>
>>7445081
that thumbs up from the 2 at the end
>>
>>7445190
Of course not
>>
>>7445190

They do, actually. All pain is is a neural reaction to a stimulus, which plants have.
>>
>>7445253
And all plants are organisms, but that sure doesn't make all organisms plants. He asked for a source.
>>
>>7445265

http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-09/new-research-plant-intelligence-may-forever-change-how-you-think-about-plants
>>
File: 1447245299077.jpg (50 KB, 409x353) Image search: [Google]
1447245299077.jpg
50 KB, 409x353
>>7445271
>but scienties are reluctant to as far to say they are responding to pain
>Some of these plant neurobiologists believe that plants are conscious — not self-conscious, but conscious in the sense they know where they are in space
Proven wrong by your own "evidence"
>>
>>7444178
>>7444256
I don't think you guys understand.

They're cutting animals apart while the animal is still alive and conscious. And often times the animal is literally eaten while alive and conscious and watching itself be eaten and feeling the pain.

This idea that it's just twitching after death is incorrect, not sure why so many anons are suggesting this.
>>
>>7444538
Breh every animal in the first few videos was fully alive.
>>
>>7444948
>you all think that killing a lil squid is horrible
The squid isn't killed in sashimi it's left alive.

How are some of you capable of surviving day to day being this thick?
>>
>>7445110
>Even plants feel pain.
Lolololololololol
>>
Animals like fish and frogs don't have the mental capacity to feel despair or a fear of death. Pain for them is like a simple programming command, if pain then get-away else die.
>>
>>7445487
it's dead m8
>>
File: freshmeme.jpg (13 KB, 222x168) Image search: [Google]
freshmeme.jpg
13 KB, 222x168
>>
>>7444513

>michael J fox uses chopsticks
>>
>>7445110

Plants lack any sort of nervous system that could even provide the sentience required to actually register pain

plants do have chemical responses caused by damage and distress, but they cant actually feel anything
>>
>>7443645
lol
>>
youre a kid now
>>
>>7443640
A squid actually has brain function going through it's tentacles, shoving a spike through a squid head is going to do fuck all.

Their cognitive functioning is nothing remotely like a persons. This humanising of animals is stupid and shows that most people are just dumb hippies. Sure if you are eating a cow while it's still alive that's pretty fucked. But animals don't think on a human level, not even remotely close.

I wouldn't eat fucking dolphin, whale or monkey. Actually no I take that back i'd eat some weird shit if given an opportunity, I might aswell enjoy myself while I am here. Not gonna tazer a monkey while I eat it's fingernails though. None of this shit is remotely like that.

>>7443631
>suffering

Most of these animals can't "suffer" like you think they can. Humans have something like 85% of a nerve dedicated to pain, sharks have 0%, trout have 5%. People who have conditions where they don't feel pain have 25%.

Comparing the human condition to an animals is idiotic and even a monkey isn't remotely close to us.
>>
>>7444513
>Using chopsticks
>Shit hits the dirty table
>Still using chopsticks
>Puts it back on plate

Fucking hell, might as well use your fucking hands in a situation like this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWh50aK7wO8
>>
>>7445859
>even a monkey isn't remotely close to us
you must be an u.s. citizen
>>
>>7445477
>watching itself be eaten
>implying a cephalopod would be able to see all that much in a non-aquatic setting
All it would see would be an orgy of unfiltered light.
>>
>>7443543
did they fucking deep fry his body alive?
>>
>>7445784
>Venus flytrap
>cant actually feel anything
B-b-b-but plants aren't sentient.
>Sandbox tree just evolved to be twenty shades of murderous because the sky father thought it would be nice
>Trees girdle themselves because trees will be trees
Get out of here you cell wall shill. You think just because you help them play dumb they're going to let you live when they decide to kill all life on this Earth like they did during the formative years?
>>
>>7444152
And do what you little bitch?
>>
>>7445982
fuck myself in the ass
>>
>>7445907
Yeah that's what ying yang fish is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_Yang_fish

>a dish which consists of a deep-fried whole fish (usually carp) that remains alive after cooking. The fish's body is cooked while its head is wrapped in a wet cloth to keep it breathing. The fish is then covered in sauce and served live on a plate.

>>7445538
You're wrong. Don't talk to me or look at me you disgusting philistine.
>>
File: brain-right-here.jpg (121 KB, 937x503) Image search: [Google]
brain-right-here.jpg
121 KB, 937x503
>>7445859
>A squid actually has brain function going through it's tentacles
That doesn't mean it doesn't have a brain you retard. It's not a mushroom it's a living animal and has the same eyes, brain and mouth (beak) setup. It has a brain and is alive and conscious and able to feel pain until it's fully dead.

> shoving a spike through a squid head is going to do fuck all.
Except kill it.

>This humanising of animals is stupid
How is acknowledging that living creatures can feel pain "humanising" them? Get a hold of yourself, edgelord, you're trying too hard.

You can just say "I don't care if a creature is in pain" instead of making the ridiculous argument that they don't feel pain.
>>
>>7445859
>the human condition
>don't have an anime face smug enough for this
>>
>>7445724
>epfp

Nice
>>
>>7445888
Because he's well-educated?
>>
>>7443532
Fish feel pain they just aren't conscious of it like humans.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130808123719.htm

But just because they don't have "emotions" about being flayed alive doesn't mean they're not feeling it.

If that squid were okay with being dissected while conscious it wouldn't be trying to run away for fuck sake. It can clearly feel itself being chopped up, even if it can't cry and wail and plead for it's life.

People have assumed
>fish don't feel pain the way humans do
means they're completely unaware of pain. This hasn't been proven.
>>
>>7446597
>u.s. of a.
>well-educated
kek, also
>he
>>
there's another jap video of a fish being filleted on one side while alive then put back in it's tank where it continued to swim. can;t find it.
>>
>>7444873
One hundred percent false in almost every way. Your organs are, by and large, contained within a sac inside your abdomen. They're not just laying about in a puddle at the bottom of your chest cavity. Now, granted not every biological organism that we consume has the same internal structure, but muscle for the most part is connected to tendons, and are usually either surrounded by other muscle or fat. The exception to all of this is smooth muscle, which literally is your organs.
>>
>>7443543
In China they have something called Drunken Crabs.
basically you have a tub full of alive crabs, you give them strong booze so they spit all the sand etc. out of their mouths.
Then while alive they put them in jars of spiced alcohol where they leave them for a long time.
>>
this all seems very unnecessary
>hurr look it still moves while you eat it
don't really see the point t b h
>>
>>7443532
is the buyer chinese or korean? doesnt sound japanese at all
>>
>>7447594
this
>>
East Asians confirmed for immoral trash yet again.
>>
>>7447629
>7447629
Sounds like Chinese to me!
>>
>>7444823
Go to school nigger.
>>
I like to imagine I am transformed into the fish before she swallows it.
https://youtu.be/HV0YNtFayEw?list=PLs_Z5fXpaevVfHhpvkGEot4QM3UZxANhr
>>
I know a guy who worked at a hog processing plant

They are literally cut in half while they are still breathing

Everyone saying "zomg poor seafood" who aren't buying their meat free range is a pretentious ignorant hypocrites.
>>
Animals don't have any souls so I'm fine with it.
>>
>>7445477
thats what makes it delicious
>>
>>7443540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDG_87ll5QI
>the live octopus ejaculated into a woman's mouth while she was eating it
>she got pregnant in the mouth
>>
File: Yum.jpg (49 KB, 550x560) Image search: [Google]
Yum.jpg
49 KB, 550x560
>>7447847
>>
>>7443532
I eat animals alive all the time.
Its called oysters.
>>
>>7443532
Eat fresh™
>>
>>7445859
I've actually had monkey before. They call it Tree Mutton in some places here in the Caribbean.

Never again though.
>>
>>7448873
wasn´t eating monkeys the reason why the first humans captured aids?
>>
>>7448921
No, we got it from having sex with Africans.
>>
File: 1453767743317.png (186 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1453767743317.png
186 KB, 480x270
how horrible.
we need to appreciate the suffering of other living things for its own sake.
that they're not me or you doesn't make their suffering any less worth consideration; they may suffer all the same.

If we're not nihlist I think the bare minimum purpose we can agree on is that we should help sentient things to have the freedom to avoid suffering.
>>
>>7445532
how can you be so sure, when we're not even certain what produces phenomenon of consciousness and 'sense-of-self' for us humans?

how do you know they don't actually feel more pain because they are simple, and that is selected by evolution given they have less capacity for reason to avoid situations where they risk harm to themselves?

is it really worth risking when it's so easy to put them out of their misery quicker?
>>
>>7448977
Hate to agree with a trip, but you're absolutely right
>>
>>7447688
it's not a race thing, maybe different cultures and people have different dispositions in personality and such but this maltreatment happens in all cultures even vegetarian ones, but happens often behind closed doors.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.