[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aspiring /fit/izen here Currently marinating chicken breast with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160305_150013.jpg (1014 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160305_150013.jpg
1014 KB, 3264x2448
aspiring /fit/izen here
Currently marinating chicken breast with pic related, main ingredients being mustard, oil and lemon juice.Is it a good idea to boil the marinate afterwards to use it as a sauce?
>>
>>7441174

If you want to use the marinade as a sauce then yes, you need to heat it up to make sure it's safe to eat since it has been in contact with raw chicken.

Personally I think most marinades are too acidic to make good sauces, but if you made a really mild marinade then it could work.
>>
If I had a dog, I would not feed your meal to him.
>>
>>7441174

if you like the idea of warm mustard and lemon juice on your chicken breast.
>>
To get fit you just have to abandon anything that tastes good.
>>
>>7441312
This. Your primary concern is macros and mad gainz. Flavor and appearance is always lowest priority
>>
>>7441312
>>7441319
Did that half a year ago, got to the point where I can put time aside for some basic cooking again.

>>7441304
Just finished eating, was pretty tasty. Tasted the habanero sauce and the mustard the most, wasn't as acidic as expected.

>>7441244
Well ofc, a dog will eat scraps
>>
>>7441338
did you taste the chicken though?

next time just make a sauce
>>
>>7441355
Not as much, which is good because I'm it daily
>>
>>7441174
>chicken
>WOOD cutting board

OP, you're going to kill yourself with that level of idiocy.

And no, after you've had CHICKEN in a marinade, the marinade is then trash, goes down the drain. Otherwise you kill yourself.
Make a new sauce, like a Hollandaise.
>>
>>7441416

Why? Wood has natural antibacterial properties. It's the most sanitary of cutting boards. Besides which, he's COOKING the chicken after it's been on the board so what is there to worry about?

As for the marinade, sure, eating it raw could make you sick. But if the marinade is COOKED then it is sterilized and thus safe to eat.
>>
>>7441429
>he's COOKING the chicken after it's been on the board

presumably he's not cooking the board though.
>>
>>7441429
Hoo boy. The problem is cross contamination. Look it up. Also, cooking doesn't destroy toxins. Better be safe than sore.
>>
>>7441447
>>7441443

I would hope that he's washing the cutting board after use.

>>7441447
>>toxins

You know that's really rare, right? It's also unheard of for "toxins" to be transferred from a cutting board to food and then make someone sick. There's simply not enough of it to do anything. The risk of cross-contamination is with bacteria, which reproduce after contamination occurs. Toxins don't do that. Even if they were present they do not multiply. The toxin risk has nothing to do with cross-contamination, rather it has to do with food that has gone bad and the toxins are in the food itself.
>>
>>7441457
>I would hope that he's washing the cutting board after use.
the whole problem with wood is that it is porous and unless you are actually sterilizing with superheated steam you cannot guarantee zero shit
>>
>>7441475

The porosity isn't an issue. As I posted above, wood has natural antibacterial properties. It retains less bacteria than a plastic board does.

If you're going full aspie about this you can always santize your wood board with bleach.

>>you cannot guarantee zero shit
You don't need to. Bacteria are everywhere, anon. Every breath you take you are breathing in bacterial (and fungal) spores. There is no need to guarantee anything: use common sense, wash your boards, utensils, etc, and most importantly your hands. I've met several people who sperg out about cutting boards but don't bother to wash their hands before they eat. Guess which is the FAR more likely cause of illness?
>>
>>7441447
>he doesn't know what denaturing is
>he doesn't know what toxins even are
>>
>>7441174
no, boiling will change the marinade. just make new stuff
>>
>>7441319
>>7441312
Deez dumbasses don't know what herbs and seasoning is.
>>
>>7441538
OP again, they're kinda right. Seasoning only carries you so far when eating the same thing every day, so I'm testing brining/marinating and sauces etc.

I'll be mixing it up with grilled veggies in the pan etc next, then go over to sandwiches until I get a solid rotation in. Soon I won't need to eat it so often anymore, until then I might try protein pancakes etc.
>>
>>7441416
you see those grooves in the side? those are literally made to catch meat juice runoff. but go ahead and pretend you know what you are talking about
>>
Did you clean that breast AT ALL?

>All that fat still
>Probably has that shitty cartridge thing in it
>>
>>7441416
>>7441443
>>7441447
>>7441475
Is /ck/ genuinely full of Midwestern germophobe mothers?
I've been prepping meat on wooden boards my entire life and I've survived thus far
Get a fucking immune system
>>
>>7441447
>toxins
>>
What is it with /fit/fags and boneless skinless chicken breast? It's so shit tier
>>
>>7443675
they can't cook for shit because lol meatheads, so they standardize on boiled tuna and chicken, switching the sauces around once in a while for "flavor"
STEM /fit/fags are the worst in this respect
they like industrial processes, you see, so they invented this retarded system where you make airline meals to last you an entire week
leftovers every day except Sunday basically
>>
>/fit/ homersexuals

get out, cancer
>>
File: perfectly_tender_pulled_pork.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
perfectly_tender_pulled_pork.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>7442120
>0.1% of chicken breast is fat strands
>hurrr you need to CLEAN IT
>>
>>7441174
set aside marinade if you want to do that, don't use what the chicken was in though
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.