[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me into vegetables /ck/ I''ve been a picky fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: veggie.jpg (16 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
veggie.jpg
16 KB, 292x173
Help me into vegetables /ck/

I''ve been a picky fucking child all my life but when i started cooking it helped me out significantly. Expanded my diet a ton.

Vegetables, however, are still a problem. Especially green ones. How can I cook them and make them more appealing when i just don't fucking like them as of right now? I do better with things in a sauce but i'm still a picky shit.

Vegetables i like-
>Potatos (sweet ones too)
>onions (all kinds)
>mushrooms (yeah okay it's a fungus)
>red peppers
>carrots
>lettuce
>cucumbers
>celery
>can sometimes tolerate asparagus

So yeah, not much. How do you make vegetables fucking delicious?
>>
Just steam brocolli and green beans and stop being a sissy American manchild

/theead
>>
>>7440937
i fucking hate it though. yes, manchild and all that, but there's a lot of things i hated as a kid that i love now. Vegetables aren't one of them. I want to eat vegetables because they're good for you and shit, but i don't like them. I don't want to slog through them every meal and hate it.
>>
>>7440946
We all want to eat garbage day in day out but we have to eat things we don't like daily

It's called fucking nutrition and health

Stop bitching on here and just go to your kitchen and cook some green veg.

Serve it up with some protein and carbs and shove it down your throat.

Just stop being a fag and eat like everyone else does.
>>
>>7440953
but there are plenty of people out there who like to eat vegetables, anon. Don't tell me that everyone fucking hates them and just sort of puts up with it. I was hoping people knew some good vegetarian-type dishes that they loved and could recomend despite being meat eaters or otherwise not big on vegetables.

Like, i'm agreeing with you. I need to eat vegetables. the fact that i don't is childish. Can we move on or are you going to stay mad?
>>
i think most people don't like vegetables because they don't have them prepared properly. it's like the difference between huge chunks of onion compared to minced or thinly sliced, it changes your perception of it a lot.

i prepare most vegetables the same way. steamed or roasted, topped with a little vinegar and salt. for raw veg, you have to slice it thinly to make it easier to chew and eat.
>>
>>7440971
I think this is probably true for me. When i make a sauce with peppers and onions and mushrooms and such i always end up liking it more when I cut them up quite small.

Which veggies do you like more steamed and which roasted?
>>
>>7440974
roasted = asparagus, broccoli, carrot, turnip

steamed = cabbage, brussels sprout, broccoli is also good steamed, beets, spinach
>>
try adding vinegar while sautee'n

tastespotting com

look for vegan recipes online, there are quite a few great ones.

green vegis take a bit more care if you aren't into them with just a bit of salt and fat. look for traditional recipes from around the world that incorporate them, you might find something fantastic.
>>
>>7440988
I used to be like you because I had only had shitty Boiled vegetables.

You can make all vegetables taste excellent easily. Chop them of course, and in a bowl combine with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Then roast em until cooked.

The oil/vinegar/seasoning complete the flavour so perfectly that if you don't like it you probably never will. And once you try a vegetable like this you may want to try it other ways
>>
>>7440965
I'm going to stay mad which will sit well with the whole theme of your pathetic thread.

If you really are that much of a "I can't eat greens" manchild, mush the fuckers up and hide them in a pasta sauce or something. Don't come here looking for help you poor little manchild.
>>
>>7440934
Pairing with other food can work. E.g. green beans alone are disgusting for me, but with tomato, kidney beans, thyme and garlic they are ok.
>>
Do not steam vegetables, that's the last tasty way to eat them. Saute, grill, bake, or broil them with some kind of fat (coconut oil or butter is the best), salt (in moderation of course), and hella spices
>>
>>7441039
>Being this butthurt over someone genuinely asking for help on /ck/ as opposed to another fast food thread or some shitpost
>ishygddt
>>
>>7441039
You are clearly the man child in this thread.
Go back to /b/ or reddit
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 550x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 550x2000
>>7441039
Only a cunt talks and thinks like this
>>
Lmao how do people like this even exist? Just kill yourself my man it's for the best
>>
File: grill-pan-empty-cropped.jpg (635 KB, 1825x1350) Image search: [Google]
grill-pan-empty-cropped.jpg
635 KB, 1825x1350
Wash, chop and dry fresh broccoli. Thickly slice a few cloves of garlic. If it's too thin, it will burn. Toss in olive oil with some salt, place in an oven-safe pan or dish and roast in an oven at 400F/205C. When it's done it'll have a bit of char on florets but not burnt. The broccoli should be tender but still retain some bite.

If you get a pan like this you can cook it on an outdoor grill.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.