[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me, /ck/, I made a jar of sauerkraut by myself, but I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: sauerkraut[1].jpg (38 KB, 512x312) Image search: [Google]
sauerkraut[1].jpg
38 KB, 512x312
help me, /ck/, I made a jar of sauerkraut by myself, but I don't know what to do with it all.

what are some good uses for sauerkraut?
>>
Eat it with some hot dogs or sausages and spicy mustard.
>>
>>7439726
R U E B E N
U
E
B
E
N
>>
>>7439726
Just eat it it's fucking delicious.

Or make sauerkraut sausage balls they're also awesome.

Sauerkraut and eggs is good too.

Or have as a side with any kind of meat or whatever.

Or make Reubens.
>>
>>7439764
>Or make sauerkraut sausage balls they're also awesome.

those sound good
>>
eat the entire jar by yourself. the health benefits from the sauerkraut will clear your sinuses
>>
put a layer of it in a cottage pie
>>
File: sauerkraut_sausage_balls.png (82 KB, 905x1110) Image search: [Google]
sauerkraut_sausage_balls.png
82 KB, 905x1110
>>7439778
Done these a bunch everybody loves them.
>>
>>7439726
Let it loose on Europe.
>>
I work at a bagel place, and I love to take home pumpernickels and eat them toasted with some swiss, kraut, pastrami, and thousand island sauce.
>>
>>7439824
replace the sausage with corned beef, the cheddar with swiss, serve with thousand island dressing and boom - reuben balls.
>>
>>7439764
>Just eat it it's fucking delicious.
this, i make sauerkraut and eat it as a side dish with almost any meal, even breakfast.
>>
Sometimes when I make soup, I just throw a couple of scoops of sauerkraut in.
>>
>>7440328
it's always a nice day with two scoops of sauerkraut
>>
kapusniak.

You might want to rinse the batch first if its coming directly from the jar, might be a touch too sour.
>>
>>7440383
>too sour.
No such thing!
>>
My special favorite way to cook bratwurst - learned from Dutch friend

Cut up bacon into small pieces and fry up some bacon in the pan, drain half the fat if you want or don't, then add bratwurst (weisswurst, coarse ground, hot italian sausage are all good), white onion, your sauerkraut and just a little bit of beer. Let that cook down until the sausage is done.

Then eat the bratwurst with the kraut/onion/bacon amazing blend on the side - or throw it all on a good toasted bun.

This is my all time favorite, staying in and make it great night kind of meal.
>>
>>7439726
Make sauerkraut soup. Or just eat it with some nice bratwurst and mustard and some white bread.
>>
>>7440783
That sounds pretty good.
>>
thirding reuben sandwiches, really good
>>
>>7439726
Marinate with some cheap white wine, stir together with some honey, apple, sausages, bacon, majoram and pepper, and bake in a casserole dish for about two hours. Serve with boiled potatoes, lingonberries, green salad and smoked fish.
>>
>>7440783
good stuff.
also recommenmded: the southwetsern german version, Weinkraut.
Basically do your stuff with the bacon and the onions. Add white wine (Riesling), bay leaves, a few pieces of cloves and allspice( not ground, the whole berrys.)
Eat with nürnberger or some other bratwurst, kassler meat and potatoe mash.
>>
I put some in macaroni salad this week.
I didn't expect it to end up being that good.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 720x732) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 720x732
>>7440221
That's a damn good idea. I would love to eat reubens at work, but they banned hot plates and skillets because idiots always burn shit and stink up the place. We still have a toaster oven though.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.