[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive been eating nothing but potatoes and sweet potatoes roasted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 71f9y9FcbvL._SL1488_.jpg (129 KB, 1487x1488) Image search: [Google]
71f9y9FcbvL._SL1488_.jpg
129 KB, 1487x1488
Ive been eating nothing but potatoes and sweet potatoes roasted with light olive oil in my airfryer for the last week.

If i keep doing this, am I going to get sick?
>>
>>7439012
>airfryer
>sweet potatoes
>light olive oil
>light

You've been meme'd my friend.
>>
>>7439026

Light olive oil is simply another word for normal or refined olive oil. It's ideal for cooking with because it has a high smoke point.
>>
>>7439026
I don't care if ive been memed. My airfryer is the best little contraption I have ever purchased. I use it so much that I wonder if it will just die on me suddenly.

And isn't cold pressed olive oil bad to cook at high heat with?
>>
File: kagan_003.jpg (174 KB, 750x567) Image search: [Google]
kagan_003.jpg
174 KB, 750x567
you're not stuck on mars, variety is the spice of life
>>
>>7439012
Yes.
>>
Sure, that kind of diet is deficient primarily in vitamin B12, calcium, zinc and selenium. Basically, if you add a side of beef with sour cream you'll have a complete diet.
>>
>>7439012
yea, sick gainz bro
weight gainz
>>
>>7439034
light (also known as refined, or light tasting) olive oil is best to cook with at high temperatures because it has been refined (duh) which removes the impurities. The impurities cause it to smoke at lower temperatures.

Cold pressed olive oil (I believe) is just regular olive oil, which has a sort of low smoke point, therefore is not good for frying.

idk how the fuck the airfryer works though, but i'd stick to using light olive oil.

http://jonbarron.org/diet-and-nutrition/healthiest-cooking-oil-chart-smoke-points#.VtoapZMrJsM

If you want to go real hard and pan sear the christ out of a steak, try avocado oil. It is expensive, but you can safely keep the heat on high for almost as long as you want.
>>
A whole potato is almost nutritionally complete. Keep in mind that means "not dying" rather than "thriving." Leave the skin on and you are living the Irish famine diet.
>>
>>7439012
>air fryer
what? is this a new cooking meme like sous vide?
>>
>>7439741
yea any air fryer users out there, i heard it makes shit pretty good, dude on youtube called vlogginlife uses it constantly and says its dope, looks dope.

expensive though, and is it just a meme?
>>
>>7439732
>Leave the skin on and you are living the Irish famine diet.
The opposite actually, the Irish famine was a lack of potatoes to eat. Object lesson in how bad it is to rely on a monoculture for a food staple.
>>
airfryers use a fan kinda like a convection oven
it uses way less oil to do the same job and gets the same maillard effect
>>
>>7439229
I thought olive oil is like the only oil with a smoke point high enough to be usable in cooking unrefined?
>>
>>7439975
>literally a toaster oven with a fan
How do people keep falling for these meme devices?
>>
>>7439026
What's wrong with sweet potatoes, fucker?
>>
File: tumblr_mfb4rgKPLE1qe0zpoo1_500.png (136 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfb4rgKPLE1qe0zpoo1_500.png
136 KB, 500x281
Just add cheese.
>>
>>7439012
Yes. You need some fat and protein, as well as zinc and magnesium. Try to work some spinach and eggs into your diet, maybe fried mushrooms.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.