[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Breakfast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: breppast.png (59 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
breppast.png
59 KB, 500x281
Thursday
> no breakfast
> not dying of hunger at lunchtime

Friday
> breakfast most important meal of the day
> people who eat breakfast lose more weight
> I should really eat breakfast
> have a smoothie for breakfast
> hungry as FUCK three hours later
> weak, shaking, feel practically clammy

cool, remind me not to eat breakfast ever again
>>
You have diabetes bro
>>
>>7438528
is it possible to have low key diabetes that i've never known about for 21 years? I don't pee all the time or have sweet smelling pee
>>
is breakfast a meme?
>>
checked the symptoms of diabetes. i do not have it
>>
i eat breakfast and an early dinner. no lunch. Don't eat breakfast food for breakfast. eat dinner food.
>>
>>7438624
i'm a college fag and they don't do dinner food at breakfast time :c
>>
>>7438520
It's your loss, faggot. Start the day with an egg.
>>
>>7438631
i'm also a faggot because i don't like eggs
but maybe i should try solid foods, honestly a smoothie was a fuckin dumb idea because those never keep me full
>>
hungry as FUCK three hours later
> weak, shaking, feel practically clammy

is how you lose weight
>>
>>7438645
then no thank you. i'd like to be able to go up and down stairs without feeling like i'll collapse. and i like being able to focus in class because i'm not busy twitching or feeling on edge
>>
>>7438645
I never feel that way. What I do is have an extremely low fat diet, and avoid sugar. So I end up eating a lot of bean chili and bread. I feel full, have tons of energy, and do not put on weight. I'm over 30 too.
>>
>>7438661
I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but you're understanding of nutrition is very, very flawed
>>
>>7438531
Is that a sign? I'm always shaky, my piss smells like sugar-puffs, I'm always tired and I piss every 20-30 minutes
>>
>>7438670

Frequent urination and sugar in urine are indicators of diabetes, yes.
>>
>>7438670
If you're not a troll, then there's a really good chance you have diabetes. See a doctor.
>>
Como eso es demasiado!!!!
>>
>>7438673
>>7438679
Will do. My buddies always say I probably have it because I'm always going to the toilet, but we rip on each other a lot so I've always taken it as a joke.
Now I've Googled the symptoms I'm 90% sure I've had it for years. I think I may have done some serious damage by realising so late. I'm not fat and I don't eat much sugar though, so I geuss it's type 1 if I have it? What do I do?

Not a troll, but I am quite concerned now.
>>
>>7438708
Go to doctor
>>
>>7438708
You're only 21, how did your diabetes get so bad so fast?
>>
>>7438708
sounds like you have hyperglycemia. see a doctor and they will most likely put you on some pill like metformin.
>>
>>7438708
You don't have to be fat to get type 2 but don't let us diagnose you just go to the doctor
>>
>>7438531
I have type 1, and by the sound of it, you do too
>>
>>7438633
Peanut butter on brown toast + tea. I do this every day.
>>
>>7438664
>implying vegetarian bean chili and brown rice isn't one of the healthiest meals you could eat
>>
>>7438708
If you think you've had it for years, don't panic, you'll be fine. But you must see a doctor.
>>
Anecdotal [your] example, but I ate 2100 calories for breakfast today.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error732.png (171 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error732.png
171 KB, 1280x720
eating in the morning, at least something with sugar/carbs raises your insulin levels and promotes hunger.

I usually just have a cup of coffee and wont even want to eat lunch until like 2pm
>>
>>7438708
You'd know if you had type 1 diabetes, you are born with type 1. You think your parents wouldn't have noticed? No.
>>
>>7438924
Do you put cream in your coffee? That shit fills me up. Also caffeine curbs appetite.
>>
>>7438520
you're obese or a skellington, which is it?
>>
>>7438928
only a splash
>>
Yeah I do intermittent fasting. Won't eat a bite until the afternoon. I was never hungry in the mornings anyway and now I can eat whatever I want without gaining a single pound. Breakfast seems like insanity to me
>>
>>7438708
That's the scary thing about diabetes. Anyone can have it. But if you're skinny you usually just shrug it off because you feel that you're too thin for it.
>>
>>7438520
>cool, remind me not to eat breakfast ever again
If you never break your fast you'll never eat agan, anon.
>>
>>7438664
This. RIP in pieces hormones.
>>
>>7438664
How is it flawed at all? Who says he doesn't get good fats from whole foods such as avocados?
>>
I hate having breakfast. It makes me hungry really fucking fast and makes me eat more the rest of the day.

Without breakfast I can last till almost evening without needing to eat. Intermittant fasting master race.
>>
>>7438930
5 foot 2, 110 lbs

>>7438951
when i skip breakfast and just eat lunch, i don't get hungry like that three hours later
>>
>>7438619
Have you checked your blood sugar
>>
>>7438520
This is what happens when you drink a smoothie. All the concentrated liquid-form fructose you gulped down hit your metabolism like a ton of bricks, and your body pumped out massive quantities of insulin. Insulin is fast, but not that fast. Your blood sugar crept higher and higher over several hours while your pancreas was like: oh fuck, make more insulin, it's not gonna be enough! Then finally you finished processing your morning high glycemic index sugar bomb, and your blood sugar started to normalize (drop). You experienced the relative effects of low blood sugar. You probably never achieved hypoglycemia, or not too severely, but relative to your elevated high blood sugar all morning, it fucked you up. This is also called a sugar crash. You have a normal metabolism, but the crash and related physical and emotional side effects are indicative of a crappy diet of high-sugar foods. Over years of eating like this, many people become resistant to their own insulin production, and general blood sugar levels rise. It's called type 2 diabetes. It kills you. Sugar makes you fat and give you diabetes. Don't drink sugar bombs for breakfast, dingus. Either eat a low-glycemic index food like whole grains, or protein or something with fats. This give you a slow-burning energy release as it takes hours to metabolize. Ever wonder why eggs and oatmeal and similar shit have always been popular breakfast foods? This is why.
>>
>>7438520
Breakfast will save you.
My child
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.