[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which cuisine most attractive for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (402 KB, 2256x1496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402 KB, 2256x1496
Off course I love Japanese food
But I also love Italian food such as Pasta or pizza.
Which cuisine do you like and why?
>>
American greasy shit
>>
>>7437719
I feel like I don't really know that much about foreign cuisine, just the Americanized versions of it. I've been to a few "authentic" Chinese places that were fucking amazing though.

Also Tex-Mex > Mexican
>>
Italian>USA>>Chinese>Japanese>Spanish>Mexican>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UK
>>
>>7437719
Japanese >> Thai >> Indian >> Italian >> American >> Mexican >> French >> Chinese >> British >> Moroccan
>>
>>7437719
Japanese food is crap, it's over priced and over rated.

Chinese>Indian>French>Italian>Tex-Mex>Thai>British>East Euro
>>
Indian=authentic Chinese=Mexican>Jap>any Middle Eastern=Vietnamese>any Hispanic>authentic Italian
Everyone else eat a dick.
>>
>>7437759
>Japanese food is crap, it's over priced and over rated.

Have you ever actually eaten it in Japan?

Not sure why I'm asking because if you had you wouldn't make that comment.
>>
>>7437847
>Indian=authentic

wut
>>
File: 1456763148681.jpg (115 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456763148681.jpg
115 KB, 682x1024
>>7437854
You're stupid.
>>
>>7437881
Manwiches. When will they learn?
>>
>>7437719
Whatever cuisine a delicious hamburger is apart of, because burgers are the best food be they sandwiches or pussies
>>
>>7437852
I used to live in Japan. Japanese food is crap, overpriced, and overrated.
>>
>>7437719
Anything but dirty Nip food. Those fucks are subhuman and should be killed. At the very least, they should apologize for Nanking.
>>
>>7437719
>fried chicken
>apple slices
This some kinda European thing? I don't understand.
>>
>>7438200

Those are potatoes, not apples.
>>
>>7438200
Fish and chips cunt.
>>
I like traditional British food. Stuff like the boiled puddings and roast dinners. It's like being in an episode of Downton Abbey.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>7438073
You can get a brilliant meal virtually anywhere for a pittance.

You're a dumb faggot or a liar. Your choice.
>>
I like eating gourmet shit

Here's my recipe for nachos
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UOi__pijjEM
>>
>>7438255
>brilliant
>pittance
well I suppose coming from your cucked little European island, sure, Japan is relatively cheap and their food is good. that's because in your shithole you have to pay ten pounds for one pound of meat, and despite colonizing most of South Asia you still don't know how to use seasonings.

if you actually knew anything, you would understand that 800 to 1200 yen for one bowl of pork broth with a packet of noodles and one slice of meat is not a good deal in Asia. In Thailand you would be paying closer to 200 yen for a bowl of noodles or a curry with generous amounts of meat. Even in Taiwan, a Japanese ramen might cost 6 or 7 hundred yen and come with meat everywhere, but Japanese food is considered something of a luxury and they would rather eat beef noodles which are 4 to 6 hundred yen a bowl, and of course filled with copious amounts of protein.

Japanese people eat like they're poor, and compared to the rest of Asia, charge North Europe-level prices for small servings.
>>
File: 1433384281087.jpg (48 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
1433384281087.jpg
48 KB, 541x498
>>7438225
>chips
>>
>>7438255
what a weeb
>>
>>7438289
Been to Thailand and Taiwan. Food is definitely cheaper there but not as high quality on average as Japan IMO but Thailand beats the fuck out of it for price and if you know the right spots quality and price. Thailand is something special for food though. Japan's high end will beat Thailand though.
>>
>>7437719
I don't like cuisines, I like dishes.
>>
corean ^^
>>
File: Polish food.jpg (252 KB, 1600x909) Image search: [Google]
Polish food.jpg
252 KB, 1600x909
>>7437719
>Which cuisine most attractive for you?

Polish, but then my parent's were post-WWII Polish immigrants.
>>
>>7438500
>but then my parent's were post-WWII Polish immigrants.
So you are a 50+ year old fart greentexting on 4chan then?
>>
>>7438322
Thailand has a lot of other things for good prices too.
>>
>>7438322
your opinion sucks. Japan's food may seem higher quality because they typically use fresher meat. This is a good thing, but it makes it harder to get affordable food in a good portion size. It's also their excuse for simplicity, which means lack of seasoning and variety of grains or vegetables in a dish. But there are some mistakes that have no excuse, like their cake having unsweetened icing/cream only topping, or pasta sauce always being watery. Casual foods like fried chicken or croquettes completely lack seasoning and are painfully greasy. Most vegetables used in tempura are still hard because they don't understand parboiling/blanching. Taiwanese food is better because it has variety and developed flavors without going overboard.

Japanese cuisine isn't the apex of quality ingredients and minimalism, it's a failure to adopt culinary development and increase the range of available flavors utilized in each dish.

Japan's high end is pretty good, but the high end for any developed country is guaranteed to be good. Thailand doesn't really have a high end because its cuisine is defined by agrarian and jungle food culture.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.