[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be in LONDON O N D O N for like a month this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: MEME.jpg (457 KB, 940x530) Image search: [Google]
MEME.jpg
457 KB, 940x530
I'm going to be in
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

for like a month this summer. Where should I go to eat non-meme food (unlike pic related)? Also where can I go to pick up the best slags?
>>
shoreditch & bermondsey for best food per price.
hackney & Dalston for slags
where u from m8?
>>
>>7437435
USA. I'm pretty excited. Are there any specific spots you recommend? I think my apartment's around the Chancery Lane area.
>>
>>7437450
you mean flat?
>>
>>7437420
I'm not from London, I'm from the West Country but been to London a few times. Chancery Lane is pretty much central to the city and you will find pretty much every sort of cuisine under the sun, food prices will probably shock you though, it's not going to be cheap.

I hope you have a good time though!
>>
get a fuckin bagel from brick lane, on the railway bridge there's a parking meter that you can use to get onto the high wall above the tracks and sit there eating it with a buckfast
>>
If you're near chancery lane that means you're walking distance from the best (worst) nightclub in London, Fabric. Frequented exclusively by wannabe rudeboys and north London road men, it truly is an experience worth missing
>>
>>7437450
Covent Garden is fucking jam-packed with restaurants. They're mostly expensive, sure, but you're guaranteed to find some great stuff if you go hunting.

One of my personal favourites is San Carlo's Cicchetti (there's one in Covent Garden and one in Piccadilly), which is the best Italian food I've ever had outside Italy. Go with a few people, though, because it's a lots-of-small-plates-for-sharing kind of deal, and the variety you get with three or four people is amazing.
>>
>>7437420
>like a month
So are you going to be there for a month or not?
>>
>>7437770

i see you received the mmr vaccine
>>
>>7437779
>antivaxer
I'm guessing you don't ear GMO either and 911 was an inside job?
>>
>>7437785

wow i see you REALLY received the mmr vaccine
>>
>>7437713
>'ave a pint in brewdog shoreditch and then a beigel in Brick Lane, guv.
>>
>>7437788
Calm your autism, m8
>>
>>7437420
English breakfast is goat tho

Anyway, London has loads of different types of food, all you need to do is find the good places and avoid chains. Download google maps and usually the places with the best reviews that aren't super-cheap will be good.

My personal favorites: I live in Wandsworth but some of these have a couple of different locations around LONDON. These are all relatively inexpensive, not fine dining but not fast food either.

Franco Manca (great pizza)
Bombay Bicycle club (indian)
The good earth (chinese)
Lola rojo (spanish/tapas)
Honest burger (damn good burgers)
Wahaca (breddy gud mexican)
Tortilla (really good burritos. like chipotle but 2x better)
Pho (vietnamese)
Scoffers (traditional english roasts, fried stuff)
The Fish club (fish and chips among other fish dishes)
The draft house (pub chain with 2 or 3 restaurants, great food)
>>
>Also where can I go to pick up the best slags?

there aren't any proper english slags in london

you might get lucky if people come in from Essex or some other shithole

What food do you want, there is literally anything. English food find a good looking pub nearby, full breakfast go to Cafe 338 or any other cheap but respectable looking Cafe
>>
>>7438477

>long list of fast casual chains

no. you say no.
>>
Jaffa cakes
>>
Gurkha Dinner in Wandsworth is where Michele Roux Jr takes his family for dinner - Nepalese curry and its 5 star-good

Sydenham's Trattoria Raffaele is a family owned Italian for sub-£25 thats No.2 on Tripadvisor

In Central food is expensive but if you procure some MDMA around Chancery Lane there is the best place to chew gum in the world, Fabric

>>7437738

Maybe you had a bad time because your a fassyhole
>>
You can't get decent fish and chips in London without spending a huge chunk of money.
>>
>>7438541

>the best place to chew gum in the world, Fabric

lol

i saw artful dodger at plan b a few months ago and this girl asked me if i had any gum because i was gurning pretty hard. i offered her my last bit of gum and she looked crestfallen. only just realised she was probably asking for MD

also there's this woman who has approached me several times on the way back from the gym saying 'i just got hold of some great joints of beef, you interested?' and i was really close to asking if she had any shank

i could never be a druggie
>>
>>7438575
>i just got hold of some great joints of beef

what
drug slang is evolving too fast
>>
>going to London for a month

Fellow burger here interested in holidaying in London and England sometime soon. How'd you make a month's worth of lodging affordable?
>>
Thanks for the responses so far, lads. Gonna check out Fabric for sure.

>>7438709
I'm actually just working there for a month and my employer pays for it.
>>
>>7438543
Not true, my local around Kings Cross is less than a fiver.
>>
>>7439221

Same, I'm by Homerton/Hackney and there's a great local.

>>7438996

Make sure you pop over to Borough Market, its pricey but lots of good fresh food.
>>
>>7437420
London is shit

All London can offer you is a wide variety of overpriced average imitation foreign food

good English cuisine is found all across the country in old rural pubs, but good luck getting out to those from London.
>>
>>7439590
It's got like 8 million people. There've gotta be tons of good places there. This is like some dude recommending Des Moines over NYC for food.
>>
>>7439590

You're full of shit mate, pubs in the countryside have awful food in general.

London has so many restaurants it's ridiculous, if you couldn't find something worthy of your dollar you're a fucking moron.

The best english foods are the ingredients sold at decent farmers markets, butchers, cheesemongers, etc. Before we fuck them up with rationing cooking techniques, english produce/meat/cheese/beer is fucking great.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.