[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mastered dishes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1434141699469.jpg (41 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1434141699469.jpg
41 KB, 500x384
Hello /ck/, what are your most cooked meals? Meals that you have pretty much perfected, could do off the back of your hand, and eat frequently. For me it's Japanese Curry Rice, Spaghetti Bolognese, Beef Stew, and Chicken Tikka Masala. I'll be posting a recipe for the last in a bit, feel free to post recipes of your own!
>>
A recent addition for lunches is a salad I finally love. I've tried so many fancy and simple ones and end up bored and disappointing by all of them. I got the perfect one from a budget-bytes blog-post:

1/2 a head romaine,
one roma tomato,
ceasar dressing,
a fried egg,
some cracked pepper.

Not only is it tasty and filling, but it doesn't bloat my weekly shopping at all.
>>
The two desserts I'm expert on are Tiramisu and Nutella Cheesecake, though I make impulse mug cakes every other week. This is the best recipe for those btw: http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/the-moistest-chocolate-mug-cake/
>>
>>7436899
egg mcmuffins
cut onion (any size to about 1/2" thick slices)
use ring or two open rings to form one large one to hold the egg together
drop ring onto hot pan with butter
drop egg carefully into ring
maintain round shape
flip once
place cooked egg on toasted english muffin
cook sliced ham in hot pan with remaining butter
melt cheese on ham
fold over ham
place ham/cheese on egg
place remaining toasted english muffin
--
enjoy
i have these once a week - could have more but would end up being 300 lbs
>>
My favorite oatmeal is this:

Boil one cup of milk
Once it's about to scald (ie, overflow, watch out) add 1/2 cups of oats (you need them ready for once the milk rises, so have them close), stir, and bring the temp down to med. Stir frequently. Cook for five mins.
Meanwhile, cut up one ripe banana and set aside (I usually just mince it up using the peel as a plate), and put two tbs of peanut butter (chunky or creamy, whichever) in a bowl along with 1 tbs honey.
Once the oats are cooked, add them to the PB and honey and stir until combined. Then add the banana.
The heat from the oats gives the banana a really decadent creaminess that works really well with the texture of the oats and PB, and the sweetness/creaminess of the bananas and honey offsets the dry-mouth effect of the PB. This is very filling and is enough for two servings.
Oh and when you put the oats in the bowl fill the pan up with water so it's easier to get the scalded layer of milk off the bottom, it'll come off with a bit of scrubbing.
>>7436916
That sounds great, I'll be trying that.
>>
>>7436940
Oh and I use old-fashioned rolled oats, adjustments will be needed for other kinds and I can't guarantee it'd work.
>>
Banana bread
>>
File: Challah (2).jpg (197 KB, 951x610) Image search: [Google]
Challah (2).jpg
197 KB, 951x610
My fav bread to make is Challah. Here's my last loaf I made.
>>
I dont do it all the time, but coconut cake and pineapple upside down cake

I really like to bake
>>
>professional cook
>worked pizza, bbq, diner, Jamaican food
>think i have a pretty decent list of shit i mastered
>>
>>7436941
i thought old fashioned were steel cut oats?
>>
>>7437024
Good for you, anon.
>>
>>7437027
Steel cut oats are steel coat oats.
>Rolled oats (sometimes called old fashioned oats) are created when oat groats are steamed and then rolled into flakes. This process stabilizes the healthy oils in the oats, so they stay fresh longer, and helps the oats cook faster, by creating a greater surface area.
>>
>>7436899
oatmeal
fried eggs
lentils
sauted veggies
>>
File: momofuku.jpg (50 KB, 900x643) Image search: [Google]
momofuku.jpg
50 KB, 900x643
Lasagna, cabbage rolls, lentil soup, all kinds of oven roasted vegetables, used to work in a bakery so all kinds of pastry.

pic related one of my cakes
>>
File: Happy_Tears.jpg (138 KB, 503x500) Image search: [Google]
Happy_Tears.jpg
138 KB, 503x500
>>7436916
>using an onion as an egg ring
You have some good ideas dude
>>
>>7437193
looks like shit
>>
>>7437429
seriously?

You need to be creative, anon.
>>
>>7437667
>>7437552
Never fucking reply again unless you are contributing to the thread
>>
Mini cheesecakes
>>
>>7437686
Cheesecakes practically demand to be mini. Every time I make a pie-size cheesecake it ends up being an obligation to finish it, each slice being so filling.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.