[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wisconsin cheese?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: Wisconsin-Cheese-Logo1.jpg (974 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Wisconsin-Cheese-Logo1.jpg
974 KB, 900x900
Not all of it is as bad as you guys say, Carr Valley has some amazing stuff.
>>
inb4 >WIDF WIDF WIDF!!!! and >"""""""""apostrophes""""""""" anon
>>
>>7436621
Does any other state even make close to as much critically acclaimed cheese?
Vermont makes a small handful, and no one else really makes a splash at all
>>
>>7436605
>Not all of it is as bad as you guys say
>you guys
It is literally one guy
>>
>>7436621
Protip: You're not supposed to prove my fucking point.
>>
>>7436626
No, of course not. Wisconsin USA USA #1 commie states are all the south and are trying to attack America. All they're cheese stinks unlike creamy, smooth, homogenous Wisconsin cheese as bland as the driven snow
>>
>>7436664
You lost me
Wisconsin sells fucking Limburger though so they must be ok with some stinky cheese
>>
>>7436710
lol, why did you make such an excel file?
>>
>>7436721
He's made it his life's mission to scream about Wisconsin in /ck/ threads about cheese.
>>
>>7436710
>you will never be so autistic that you make a spread sheet to detail why your autism is totes justified
Thanks, I had a bad day and that really helped me feel better about myself.
>>
>>7436710
This is like full-on Rain Man levels of autism
>>
>>7436749
>so I made some notes and my observations perfectly matched my pre-existing beliefs
And people say a bias wont impact what they do with their time.
>>
>>7436749
yeah, we will just take your word for it even though it goes 100% against everyone else's experience and the general public perception
>>
>>7436749
>literally get violent on you

For some reason I don't believe you
>>
>>7436749
>implying cheddar brats do not taste good
I mean its not my preferred form of brat, but it is tasty none the less
>will literally get violent on you
Have you ever even met an upper midwesterner? Literally get violent? That sounds pretty damn implausible based on all of my experiences with people from the far north
>>
File: marieke.jpg (16 KB, 189x299) Image search: [Google]
marieke.jpg
16 KB, 189x299
>>7436605
I have no horse in the race. I don't give a fuck about Wisconsin. But I have been to Holland's Family Cheese in Thorp, and their cheese is fucking excellent.
>>
>>7436749
You're like that guy who goes on a 100-post rant about Barney every time MLP is mentioned on /co/.
>>
>>7436770
I don't like cheddar brats either. Shit always squirts out and burns my tongue.
>>
>>7436797
>world-renowned place of origin for most of the world's high quality cheese
no one ever said that...But it very much is the first place to mind when people think of good american cheese
>>
>>7436797
>the numbers don't lie
What numbers? The arbitrary list of some cheese at some random whole foods near you?
>>
>>7436810
>implying Boars Head is bad
>>
>>7436822
Given your levels of autism I would not put much stock at all in your ability to figure out how people think or act or their reasoning behind it as you clearly dont understand social interaction as evidenced by your extensive spreadsheet detailing your autism for all to see.
>>
>>7436822
What competitor do you consider better than Boars Head?

Or are you too autistic to eat sandwiches?
>>
>>7436846
Just because you are too much of a picky eater to eat lunch meat doesn't make Boars Head bad
>>
>>7436854
>but honestly if I was that hard up I'd just brown bag my lunches.
um, thats exactly what I am talking about. I'm not going to always buy some expensive cheese for my boars head cold cut sandwiches I bring to work

If I were eating cheese by itself it would be one thing but as a compliment to the meat on a sandwich I am not looking for something overwhelmingly flavorful, I often just go with Boars Head sharp provolone. Its not some fucking amazing artisan cheese, but to say it qualitatively tastes bad makes you sound like a ridiculous child
>>
>>7436814
Boar's Head is a step above the meanest commodity grade shit you could otherwise buy, but at its best it's barely mediocre.
>>
>>7436864
>excel is Considered Harmful
I have no idea what this means
>>
>>7436894
yeah, that doesn't clarify things at all
>>
>>7436894
Is this supposed to be some meme from some other board?
>>
>>7436894
> iSCSI, harmful

Dare I ask...how?
>>
>>7436826
>gets blown the fuck out by facts
>b-but autism!
lol
>>
>>7438137
>he doesnt use extensions so he isnt aware of who posted what
>he thinks subjective opinions are the same thing as objective facts
No, you are just autistic.
>>
File: cheese.png (62 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
cheese.png
62 KB, 320x480
>>7436710
Nice spreadsheet but let the insignificant flyover shill continue in their sad delusion. By the way you're missing the best and largest dairy in the country. (Pic Related)
>>
>>7438262
Wisconsin is the white, Anglo Teutonic standard in American cheese. Faggotfornia is the non-white shitskin version of American cheese that's half underwater.
>>
>>7438300
Anglo-Teutonic? Is that a fancy way of saying ProtoCucks? California has cheese traditions from countries that actually know how to make cheese, like the latin ones (France, Italy, Spain) and the other Mediterranean ones. Enjoy your processed plastic "Cheese products" like your American slices. :)
>>
>>7438300
>Anglo Teutonic

The most Anglo people on Earth are the English, and we all know how their food is. Also I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.
>>
>>7438137
>confirmation bias don't reeeeal!
>>7438314
>californian
>calling ANYBODY ELSE a cuck
>muh flyover meme
>if I post more """"""""""""""""apostraphes""""""""""""""", I"m right!

Can't fucking wait until earthquakes destroy your pathetic state.
>>
>>7438327
>Also I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.

Whenever flyovers feel threatened they always resort to shit that no one cares about. /pol/ is the same way, circle jerking about their genetics while contributing nothing to modern culture, science, medicine or otherwise.
>>
File: AngloTeutonicHeroes.jpg (110 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
AngloTeutonicHeroes.jpg
110 KB, 600x530
>>7438328
I'm not from California, I'm just visiting. I find it to be quite a conservative place, I was pleasantly surprised. The only libfags are usually flyover trash coming to the state because their family hates them. I used apostrophes because that's how it's spelled on the package.
>>
>>7438300
>white, Anglo Teutonic

>dorky, socks with sandals looking WASP
>>
>>7436605

The only people who talk about Wisconsin cheese are the losers from Wisconsin that bring it up at every opportunity.
>>
>>7438327
Epic shitpost friend.
>>
>>7438398
>literally half the posts are someone going full fucking Rainman autistic rage about Wisconsin

Here's that (You)
>>
File: AngloTeutonics.png (800 KB, 558x805) Image search: [Google]
AngloTeutonics.png
800 KB, 558x805
>>7438327
>>7438354
Found this on /pol/, it's what I imagine these anglo teutonic white aryan people are all like. Taking pride in something they had nothing to do with (all the accomplishments of others) and things they can't control to begin with.
>>
File: AngloTeutonic Women.jpg (83 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
AngloTeutonic Women.jpg
83 KB, 800x600
>>7438418
I was in that thread!
>>
>>7438418
>>7438419
>Championing the cause of the white race
>is the worst examples of it

Life is strange.
>>
>>7438418
what the fuck is going on with that dude's gut?

superior master race genetics?
>>
>>7438423
No you're thinking of belgian Congo
>>
>>7436626
Vermont cheddar is spectacular
>>
>>7436684
I use limburger to haze pledges with
>>
>>7438418
It's documented that the biggest racists tend to be of the lower classes. It's a way to feel superior when deep down, you're trash

It's kind of like misogyny in online games. There was a study last year that showed the guys who used the most anti woman language during a match were also the worst performers in the game. They need to feel superior somehow so they emphasize their man status to compensate
>>
>one autistic calicuck shitposts in any cheese thread that mentions WI
my sides
>>
>>7438419
>Aryan

Wasn't the word Aryan invented by dark as fuck people though? Why do skinheads always use it to describe themselves?
>>
>>7436605
I have the misfortune of living in WI and 95% of people here drink bad beer and eat terrible cheap cheese.
It is not uncommon to see people here with 8,9,10 DUI's. You see it in the paper every week it seems
>>
Wisconsin guy here (currently live in Washington State). As a kid I used to ride my bike to the cheese factories around my region. Fuck you if you think Wisconsin is bad cheese. It's a different culture around cheese there. It's not about being some cider washed, hard rind, goat cheese sliced on a baguette with tomato jam. In Wisconsin we enjoy those cheeses, charcuterie plates with dark stouts and IPAs, et al. But what I loved about Wisconsin is fresh cheese from down the road and a glass of light pilsner (Blatz, Schlitz, PBR, Leinenkugel, who gives a fuck). I'm glad I grew up on that.

I won't apologize for the shitty "Crystal Farms" type cheeses out there that just happen to be from Wisconsin. Just because they are from Wisconsin doesn't mean that is what Wisconsin cheese is about, just like PBR doesn't represent Wisconsin beer tastes. That's what the rest of the country wanted and bought from Wisconsin (don't blame us for the prevalence of cheap cheddar and pilsner). Wisconsin farm areas (even way in the boonies) have amazing delis, butchers, cheese factories and breweries.
>>
File: Wisconsin_cheese.jpg (41 KB, 660x370) Image search: [Google]
Wisconsin_cheese.jpg
41 KB, 660x370
Is Elizabethkingia anophelis, due to Wisconsin cheese?
>>
File: Meanwhile_in_Wisconsin....jpg (63 KB, 500x601) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile_in_Wisconsin....jpg
63 KB, 500x601
>>7442721
You're right, Anon.
There's nothing like home.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.