[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make good sandwiches without mayo? I'll eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: mayo.jpg (188 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mayo.jpg
188 KB, 1600x1200
How do you make good sandwiches without mayo?

I'll eat more vegetables, I'll cut sugary drinks, but how the FUCK do you survive without mayonnaise?
>>
>>7433723
Try some vegan fucktard style stuff like hummus or avocado
>>
>>7433723
use butter
>>
>>7433742
This actually works pretty well.
>>
>>7433750
this is just as high calorie and tastes worse

>>7433742
ill look in to this
>>
>>7433723
There is literally nothing wrong with mayonnaise.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with mayonnaise or fat in general.
I literally eat as much fat as I can, can't stop losing weight and feel like I have enough energy to impregnate every breedable female in a 50km radius.
>>
>>7433723

Even if you are dieting, you can allow yourself some indulgences. As long as you are not eating a whole bunch of sandwiches for every meal, you can get away with a little mayo.
>>
File: miracle.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
miracle.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>7433775
>>7433803
>>7433811
I love mayo so maybe I use too much of it. I'm trying to cut calories, not necessarily fat.

Maybe I should switch to this crap even though I don't remember liking it.
>>
>>7433811

this

you don't need to be 100% NO FATS EVER with your diet meals, you're supposed to have some

if a little mayo helps your sandwiches that much, just include it, just put less
>>
File: disgust.jpg (27 KB, 573x637) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
27 KB, 573x637
>>7433826
>miracle whip
>>
>>7433723
Count callories if you're losing wieght, and just work an amount into your diet.
>>
The success of a diet actually hinges on giving up the little things like mayo on bread. Cheese is also a big no-no

refried would work as a spread.
>>
>>7433874

thats the simplest and most guaranteed way but hardly the most effective

given that he's cut sugary drinks too i imagine the basis of his diet is cutting calories and not particular macros anyways
>>
>>7433723
Vegemite or similar
>>
>>7433826
that's disgusting
>>
>>7433826
>>7433840
how can you not like the tangy zip of miracle whip?
>>
File: 1455974284126.png (134 KB, 308x381) Image search: [Google]
1455974284126.png
134 KB, 308x381
>>7433903
fuck you
>>
Flavored hummus makes for a nice spread, get some moisture on the sandwich
>>
>>7433826
I prefer that on my pizzas, it's disgusting on sandwiches
>>
>>7433723
If you're really that desperate to cut out 50 calories just use less and cut some other shit instead. Mayonnaise is basically fine, sure it's fairly calorie dense but that shouldn't be a problem unless you slather every meal in the stuff
>>
>>7433949
>50 calories of mayo
bro i use like 200 kcals worth of mayo on each sandwich
>>
>>7433764

you can still improve your diet without going low-calorie. avocado is actually really fucking good for you.
>>
>>7433723
mustard

Lots of mustard
>>
>>7433889
Be better off giving up the bread than the mayo 2bh
>>
>>7433889
The success of a diet hinges on your ability to do math
>>
>>7433889
Nope. Just eat less.
>>
>>7434436
I like the wholegrain mustard type.
>>
>>7433723
I fucking hate mayo and have never needed it. The most I'll do is put a dab of mayo in with some ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce to dip fries in.

I honestly never got the 'moisten your sandwich' thing. If you have fresh veggies or a tomato, then you don't need any food lube. Even without it, it's not like sandwiches are dry. I've never felt the need to make a sandwich wet unless we're talking pulled pork, sloppy joe, hamburgers, etc. I feel it was just a meme, like you saw your parents do it so you did it, and now if you have it without it, it feels dry.
>>
>>7433723
The key to weight loss is to not enjoy it.
Droping fat is a function of the reaction your body has to disgusting food. Your stomach will encase any bad tasting food with a thin layer of fat so it can get out of your body faster (this is why we store so much fat in the belly area.)
>>
>>7434646
Literally this.
>>
God you dumbfucks make me mad.
>durr fat doesn't make you fat
But do you honestly believe soy and empty calories are good for you? Jesus fuck, if you're going to troll get some knowledge you retarded fucks. You think you can eat 200g sugar, 100g protein powder, and 80g of lard and be healthy? Now watch as they sperg and nitpick that example, fucking amateur hour on the cooking board.
>>
I actually don't like mayo anymore. It always makes me feel "disgustingly sluggish" for lack of a better term.
>>
>>7436096
Anything can make you fat, but if you're eliminating items from your diet for the sole purpose of weight loss, fats should hardly be the primary contender.
>>
>>7433723
I used to use mayo ten years ago. Then I just stopped. It wasn't hard. For salad applications oil and vinegar (or lemon juice) is superior, and you don't need much. For sandwiches I usually lean on Dijon mustard, because it's fucking delicious.

Once you stop expecting your food to be blandly greasy you'll find very few situations really call for mayo. I don't even use it in tuna salad anymore - I just buy tuna in olive oil, drain off most of it, then mix the tuna with chopped onion, parsley and capers. Much more flavorful than the tuna in water + mayo combination, and satisfying in smaller amounts.
>>
>>7433723
You could make an aïoli. Close to mayo, but different.
>>
>>7436125
If you eat a typical Western diet cutting down on fats and simple starches would be a pretty good way to lose some weight, especially if you replace them with vegetables high in fiber so you don't feel hungry.
>>
>>7436136
weth a hent of pesto ay ole ee
>>
I do it all the time. The best sandwich spread is, objectively, roasted red pepper hummus.
>>
Just make your own mayo, it's easy as fuck.

The only unhealthy thing about store bought mayo is the cheap oils they use.
>>
>>7433826

why all the hate? i love miracle whip.
>>
>>7433826
I heard it tastes like goblin cum
>>
>>7437403
Tell me about goblin cum. When did you first come to taste it?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.