[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here managed to cut processed sugar out of their diet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: sugar.jpg (54 KB, 636x564) Image search: [Google]
sugar.jpg
54 KB, 636x564
Anyone here managed to cut processed sugar out of their diet?
>>
>>7433678
I got one for you
substitute your next meal with a bullet that comes out of the barrel of a gun
>>
>>7433678
5 years ago when I was still in university, yes. I realized how shit my diet was. My first step was cutting out all pop and shit like that.

>>7433684
USDA please leave
>>
when I was in college I cut it out pretty well. I got lean and stayed lean for a long time.
>>
>>7433678
Yes. It is easy.
>>
I... think I have. For the most part I'm fairly certain of it unless its an odd sale on something at the store or I'm just craving something good like brownies.

Its a little surprising how may foods have random added sugar, and how many more have corn syrup as a filler. But its easy to cut "processed sugar" out as long as you stop eating like a disgusting fatbody.
>>
File: nattybananaingredients.jpg (169 KB, 654x997) Image search: [Google]
nattybananaingredients.jpg
169 KB, 654x997
Why? What is the difference to your body, when all complex carbs are utilized as glucose, a monosaccharide, i.e. sugar? Fruits have sugar in the forms of sucrose (table sugar), fructose, and glucose, and refined "processed" sugar is derived from beets or sugarcane, which is "natural", so what's the difference there? Even in ketosis you're breaking down amino acids (protein) via gluconeogenesis into glucose. So you can't cut sugar out of your diet, even if you do cut all processed.

If it's an issue of self control, then the problem lies with you yourself, and not the sugar or whatever pop-health fad you decide to follow. With that said, there's nothing necessary about sugar intake, so you'll in theory be "healthier" (but good luck actually quantifying that beyond a placebo effect) if calories are replaced with more nutrition foods. Just stop spreading misinformation and alarmist when you probably don't even understand basic chemistry, let alone complex biochemistry and the body's physiology. You sound just like the gluten, MSG, etc alarmists.
>>
>>7433678
Generally I try to avoid overly processed foods, so white bread, sugary shit, frozen meals, tinned soup, potato chips.

Lose about ~10lbs a month.

For soda, you have to slowly ween yourself off it, first by interlacing it with diet stuff, but then also reduce the intake as a whole, switching over to water.
>>
>>7433678
Yes.
>>
>>7433678
Not 100%, I think it's impossible if you want to have a social life. Things like going out to dinner with family, getting an ice cream with the gf, etc, would make you start to look autistic about it.

But almost sugar free feels good. Less blood sugar shakes
>>
>>7433734
bless up
>>
>>7433734
T H I S
>>
>>7433734
>unironically defending added sugar

You sound fat
>>
>>7435053
>adding
literally where
>>
>>7435054
That's literally what processed sugar is
>>
>>7433678
It is hard to do that, but you should at least avoid soda and all processed food with 1/3 of it industrial sugar.

When you can get sugarless food and use honey, cinnamon etc.

here is a thread about desserts D:
>>7418982
>>
very easy to do. simply replace sugar with an artificial sweetener.
>>
>>7435057
no it isn't
>>
>>7435059
>don't eat sugar
>but use this thing that is basically sugar
>>
I used to eat too much junk.

Now I eat too much meat.
>>
>>7433678
I stopped drinking regular cola/diet soda 6 years ago. About 2 years ago I tried to be raw vegan, not having any processed food and I weighed 15 lbs less than I do now. Truthfully I wanted to see if I has the willpower, but was very unhappy once I reached my weight goal. Still vegan, but I have coffee, sweets and junk food occasionally. It's important to treat yourself anon, life is too short anyway.
>>
>>7433678
yep. first week or so is hell. but if you have a fruit smoothie instead you're all good. and you'll never crave sugar again after a couple weeks
>>
>>7433734
>has similar effect on brain as cocaine

it's fine guise srsly

>>7435065
you're retarded
>>
I like to bake, so no.
>>
I have

my only weakness is like a 6oz box of candy like once a month
>>
>>7435105
I bake sourdough bread every other day and guess what? I don't use any sugar.
>>
>>7433734
It's a huge difference how the body processes the sugars from a banana and a soda for example. I don't know if you're autistic or working for the fast food industry because you seem to know a lot of buzzwords but no actual knowledge about the human biology and it's relation to food. A banana does contain sugar but it's also packed with fibers, this enables slower release of sugar into the blood stream while a soda is basically a shot of sugar directly released into your blood stream spiking your insulin levels.
>>
>>7435097
fruit without the fibre is just sugar.
>>
>>7435123
why does a banana have the same glycemic load as coca cola?
>>
>>7435123
I have never eaten a bananna and I'm fine. Most fruit is junk. the only fruit I could not go without is tomato.
>>
File: fall.jpg (29 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
fall.jpg
29 KB, 283x357
>>7435131
>Most fruit is junk
>>
>>7435123
so what you are saying is that if you eat something fibrous along with a soda, its basically a fruit
>>
>managed
>implying it's difficult

I've quit smoking you weak sonuvabitch.
>>
>>7435176
Some studies imply that sugar addiction is worse than many drugs
>>
>>7435175
Not that guy, but psyllium is a popular fiber supplement and if you take it before a meal it does indeed reduce the glucose and insulin levels and distributes them over a longer time frame. Same goes for fat too.

Main difference between fruits and refined sugars is that low calorie density plus fiber increase satiety which means you'll typically eat less of it in an ad lib situation. Also, fruits contain micronutrients, refined sugar does not.

Aside from that, solid, chewed foods also tend to have a relatively lower GI because it simply takes longer to break down a solid piece of food than something dissolved in water (which maximizes A/V ratio).
>>
>>7433678
Yep. I eat maybe 30g carbs per day. If you want a label it's usually Keto or LCHF
I just eat vegetables and meat+sauces high in fat.
Delicious and I went from 80 to 66 kg
>>
>>7435232
+ Loads of cheese and cream
>>
>>7435175
A banana has 15g of sugar.
Just a CAN of coke has 35g of sugar. Most American's drink more than one can a day.

How many people eat 3 bananas or more every day?
>>
My sugar intake is about ~0

I'm doing keto, getting great results.
>>
>>7435240
>what is diet coke?
>>
I just started eat more fruits and it worked fine for me.
>>
>>7435263
a shit drink
>>
>>7435267
if we're being honest diet coke tastes about 200x better than regular coke.

Non-diet sodas are too thick and taste like you're drinking syrup.
>>
File: tips.png (51 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
51 KB, 370x370
>>7435271
>diet coke tastes about 200x better than regular coke.
>>
File: freaking epic dude.png (220 KB, 640x486) Image search: [Google]
freaking epic dude.png
220 KB, 640x486
>>7435944
>>
File: 6981767316793.jpg (19 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
6981767316793.jpg
19 KB, 300x400
>>7435954
>le quirky reddit insult pyramid
>>
>>7435996
>le reddit boogerman
keep going
>>
Have been continuing my low carb high fat lifestyle for about two years now. I feel great, my teeth are pearly and the food only gets more delicious.
>>
>>7435099
>>has similar effect on brain as cocaine
/ck/ is the only place where I've seen people with such little self control that they have to tell themselves sugar is a drug
>>
>>7436105
read the studies dumbshit
>>
>>7435128
but it's not processed sugar
>>
Kind of related, I can't eat carbs for a while for medical reasons. Anyone here doing the same? How can I cope? I love bread and pasta.
>>
>>7438564
I'm doing keto, which is high fat no carb and it's easy because you can eat bacon + eggs, steak, shrimp, chicken etc
>>
I love how people will shit on meat, certain diets, msg, etc, BUT when it comes to sugar, they go FULL KEK on this shit. Jesus christ, its fucking sugar, processed sugar is worse than some cancers. Fine, have some sweetness with some dishes adding honey or real sugar but Americans have a serious issue with sugar. They don't know moderation. That's why there will always been these back and forth stories about coffee/sugar/butter being bad or good for you, because people can't control moderation.
>>
>>7435122
I bake chocolate cake and banana bread almost every day so I kind of have to.
>>
>>7438653
it doesn't help that we're kinda coerced into eating processed shit even if we don't want to

assuming you're not American, if you ever come here, lick a piece of store-bought bread.
It'll taste sweet. Not just hint-of-sweet, I'm talking about suitable-for-dessert-in-any-other-country sweet.

Literally anything you don't make yourself is filled with sugar here, you just can't help it.
>>
>>7433737
jesus how fat are you
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.