[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which region produces the best coffee? Tea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: tea%20and%20coffee[1].jpg (220 KB, 1010x495) Image search: [Google]
tea%20and%20coffee[1].jpg
220 KB, 1010x495
>Coffee
SE Asia?
Africa?
Latin America?
Hawaii?

>Tea
China?
India?
Kenya?

I want to know which regions are the best so I can discard the others and turn my nose up at anyone who drinks, buys or sells product from the inferior regions. This is important.
>>
There's good coffee from all over the world
>>
File: kopi-luwak-coffee-taiwan-civit.jpg (19 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
kopi-luwak-coffee-taiwan-civit.jpg
19 KB, 300x198
>>7433237
For whackjobs like you, the best is from a civits ass, so Indonesia.
>>
>>7433237

>tea
probably china/india

>coffee
africa or latin america or some shit
>>
>>7433237
>Tea
China, with Japan close behind.
>>
>Coffee

I've been trying beans from all over the world lately. The beans from Central America and Mexico tend to have the nicest flavor IMO, it's not too acidic and always has a bit of a chocolate taste to it.
>>
>>7433304
>>7433339
There's been a lot of talk about quality control and weird/toxic foods from China.
Does that shit affect their tea?
>>
My local roaster sells some Brazilian origin coffee that's pretty damn good.

Other than that, most of the Latin American coffee they sell there tastes pretty much the same.
>>
>>7433394
no. Chinese tea is pretty high quality.
>>
>>7433237
>Coffee
Ethiopia, Sumatra
>>
>>7433237
>Tea
I would say China in general, Japan for green tea though.
>>
I personally like African (Sumatran is best) beans the most, but there's no denying that you can find good coffee all around the world.
>>
Guatemala my favorite
>>
>>7434244
yeah, i just had some great Guatemalan coffee
>>
>>7433237
vietnamese coffee is awesome
>>
Brazilian coffee is dope.
>>
File: 5052449655889_280_IDShot_3.jpg (10 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
5052449655889_280_IDShot_3.jpg
10 KB, 280x280
Just graduated to proper coffee (from instant) a few months ago. I've tried 6 or 7 different supermarket available ground coffees, and this one is by far my favourite.

http://groceries.asda.com/product/ground-coffee/asda-extra-special-100-arabica-fairtrade-organic-nicaraguan-roast-ground-coffee/910000856679

Rich and chocolatey, none of the nasty bitterness of the others.

Can I extrapolate from this that Nicaraguan coffee is the best?
>>
>>7434031
Sumatra's an Indonesian island, senpai.
>>
>coffee
Definitely Africa. You can't beat the brightness of an Ethiopian coffee. The Mokka varietal from Yemen is superb as well. Yemen of course isn't in Africa, but in the coffee world Yemeni coffee is considered "African." That isn't to say that there aren't Latin American coffees that aren't the bees knees. They can have some excellent cocoa-like flavors. I won't weigh in on Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee since I haven't tried it, or any FANCY FANCY RARE as fuck coffee for that matter, but it's supposedly in the top top tier of coffees, and just a pound of it can cost absurd amounts of money (at least for a bag of coffee beans). Counting those kind of coffees in to a "best country for coffee" list is in a way cheating imo tbqh familia.
>>
>>7435705
Geography's a social construct, t.b_h
>>
>>7435671
>ground

Come back after you grind your own like a human
>>
>>7433394
No, but if you're still doubtful, you can always buy your teas from a shop based in Hong Kong. Hong Kong's food and business laws are relatively stringent, so a tea shop based in HK will definitely get their teas from reputable sources.
>>
>>7433237

The poorer the area, the better the coffee. The richer the area the better the tea. Therefore, African Coffee is best and Japanese/Argentine tea is best.
>>
>>7436860
Just buy teas from Taiwan already. It's like Chinese teas except without all the illnessness.
>>
File: CoffeeRegions.png (174 KB, 872x1024) Image search: [Google]
CoffeeRegions.png
174 KB, 872x1024
Is this accurate? Or is it all to do with the farming/processing, and region doesn't matter?
>>
>>7433352

this. particularly costa rica for me.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.