[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating dog food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
Is it any good? I've been getting increasingly hungry over it watching it my dog eat. It's basically just chunks of meat in a gravy with some added vitamins. It cannot be that bad to my health, right?
>>
>>7432253
Not bad with a little 'cha
>>
My friend had to repair some of the equipment they use to make dog food. I wouldn't eat it senpai.
>>
>>7432253

If it's out of a can then it would be sterile and therefore safe to eat. Why you would want to eat that nasty-smelling shit is beyond my comprehension, but it's not dangerous.
>>
>>7432253
So try it, it won't hurt you.
>>
>>7432253
I once fasted for 10 days and i was very close to tasting my dog's canned food. I was so hungry that it started to smell good. It won't hurt you to taste it. I say go for it
>>
>>7432253
>chunks of meat
It's actually a meat and soy blend. Like a cross between hotdog slurry and that spongy McDick's chicken nugget texture. The meat isn't actually chunks of real meat.
>gravy
The gravy is there to moisten the "meat" and preserve the food's coloring.
>added vitamins
Why not just go eat fast food at this point? Their food has vitamins too and at least their dollar menus have food that has to pass a human consumption standard.
>>
>>7432253
It is a much lower grade of meat and the safety standards are less strict, since dogs have strong enough stomach acid to digest small bits of bone.
>>
>>7432307
>The meat isn't actually chunks of real meat.

This is totally dependent on brand and recipe. For the longest time Alpo sold horsemeat canned dog food that was 95% meat.
>>
>>7432253
Just get yourself a can of corned beef hash and pretend it's dog food
>>
>>7432253
Enjoy eating bone and sinew
>>
File: Spam-Can.jpg (378 KB, 1063x1043) Image search: [Google]
Spam-Can.jpg
378 KB, 1063x1043
>>7432253
This is pretty close, just eat SPAM
>>
File: 1453782931685.jpg (3 KB, 125x167) Image search: [Google]
1453782931685.jpg
3 KB, 125x167
>>7432253
>not raw feeding your dogs
>>
>>7432253
its okay anon, every once in a while I get the urge to eat British food too
>>
>>7432253
Looks British, ask the people over at >>>/int/
>>
>>7432253

They say you should always keep a few cans of dog food in the emergency kit in your vehicle. If you put regular food in there you will probably eat it right away, but a can of dog food will still be there when you're really fucking hungry
>>
>>7432622
"they" say a lot of stupid shit. If it's really a concern, just toss an MRE in your car kit. It won't be a temptation, as they aren't that good. They have a longer shelf live and are far more resistant to temperature changes. Plus they come with a chemical heating system, so you can have a hot meal during a stressful situation.

Sure they cost a bit more, but if hunger is such a concern, that you would actually make a plan for eating dog food, then you can just budget ahead for something intelligent.
>>
>>7432597
>not raw dogging your feed
>>
Legally it has to be sage for Hunan consumption, but nigga it's dog food fuck is wrong with you
>>
File: p5YbNO4.jpg (305 KB, 1001x857) Image search: [Google]
p5YbNO4.jpg
305 KB, 1001x857
>>7432253
>It's basically just chunks of meat in a gravy with some added vitamins.

You should read the ingredients. There's like 4% "meat" in there, which includes "meat byproducts" and bones.
>>
>>7432678
No, it doesn't.
There's actually a label on many brands that says, "passed USDA inspection for human consumption".

If it doesn't have that, it's below human grade, or was not inspected.
>>
File: 1452840953220.jpg (55 KB, 474x516) Image search: [Google]
1452840953220.jpg
55 KB, 474x516
Once when I was high I tried a dog treat. My friend's dog kept looking up at the treats on the counter and I thought, he knows this shit is delicious, I bet it's good for people. I took one bite and I spit it out and the dog came over and gobbled it up.
>>
>>7432437
>le spam is nasty meme
Confirmed for never had it
>>
>>7432643
They also make you shit
>>
>>7432253

Dog food isn't made with anywhere NEAR the kind of standards human food is. Your chances for becoming seriously ill as a result are far, far, FAR harder. Also, poisoning yourself over time.

Additionally, keep in mind that a very large percentage of dog food comes from China, and it doesn't have to undergo anything like the same degree of testing food intended for people has to go through when we import it.
>>
>>7432253
I've tried cat food. It didn't taste bad. It was like really bland meat boiled for hours. Worst thing was that it was really gritty. I guess it had like crushed bone/cartilage particles. Not that pleasant experience.
>>
Add some shrirachas and you brits might seem smart.

Dog food and shracha = proper brit shit, maybe one step up from stargazy pie.
>>
>>7432718
Don't buy into that, anon.
The sodium content is through the fucking roof, but mix some just cooked diced ham into your scrambled eggs while they're cooking, and it's almost heaven on earth
>>
>>7432253
Only if it's Dinky Di.
>>
I used to eat dry dogfood occasionally when I was a toddler. Also sand.

>tfw your training video tells you to observe the same kind of safe food handling techniques for food with dogfood cause poor people sometimes have to eat it.
Thanks for looking out for the little guy K-Mart.
>>
>>7432643

you would eat an mre for supper if that's all you had. It would be gone long before you needed it. No one is going to starve for a few days because all they have is an mre. That's why they say dog food. It will be there when you really need it.

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>7434780
Shit... I meant spam, not ham to cook your scrambled eggs with
>>
>>7434780
I take 2 slices of fried spam and put them onto a piece of bread, put jelly on it, then fold it and eat it like a taco. I feel bad for eating it but it tastes so good.
>>
>>7435023
It's a delicious combo
>>
What I don't understand is why they advertise pet food with the tagline "tastes as good as it looks". It looks like shite.
>>
>>7432253
>Is it any good?
Why don't you spend a dollar and find out, idiot?
>>
Don't have a dog but I always taste cat food before giving it to my cat. It's always bland though cause salt and spices are bad for cats.
>>
Brit posters pls go you food is terrible
>>
File: dinki-di.jpg (21 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
dinki-di.jpg
21 KB, 400x276
>>7434810
>>
>>7432322
look at the protein content of any can of off the shelf dog food. 9.9 times out of 10 shit will be like 8% protein content. i shit you not
>>
>>7432262
>>dog food

>>sterile

nope.
>>
>>7432622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkIJcVYQZkk
>>7434132
It's the opposite if /k/ is to be believed.
>>
>>7432253
I regularly try out my dog's canned and dried food. The cans look way better than they actually taste. The "meat" is a tasteless vile mix of bonemeal, soy and other shit. No actual meat to be seen anywhere. The "jelly" is just tasteless. I figure you could survive on it for a few days though.
The dried granules are somewhat better (I buy Orijen brand), could be sort of a substitute for an emergency snack. I'd say they are also better quality than the various cans. Dog treats are the shit though. I'm not brave enough to taste the various dried innards or dried duck/chicken breast and dried little fish, because I'm afraid of food poisoning. But I have tasted some reward treats and those are good, like some mediocre chips or stuff like that. Depends on brand and type though.
>>
Why dont you stick to a can of beans for goodness sake
>>
You can't live on doog food because it's missing a few vitamins and minerals that dogs don't really need in their diet (but you do).
So try to keep it below 60% of your meals, ok?
>>
>>7432253
No.
I don't even give that shit to my dog, let alone put that shit anywhere near my own mouth.
>>
>>7437573
You don't feed your dog?
>>
http://www.wine-economics.org/dt_catalog/working-paper-no-36/
>>
>>7432253
I don't know if its healthy or tasty.

Pa use to trap muskrat, and while skinning them I asked why they throw the skinned rats in the deep freezer.

Because the doogfood company will buy them.
>>
>>7434831
lol
o
l
>>
>>7432253
I may be wrong but don't they have it tested by people too?
>>
>>7432437
now I feel like frying some up in my Griswold skillet and making a dank sandwich out of it.

all there is is pork salt and some potato starch. Check the ingredients, they only put weird sounding chemicals in their other flavors like low sodium and smoke flavor.
>>
>>7434831
Really? You really lack self control to the point that you would eat your shitty emergency meal out side of an emergency situation?

How fucking fat are you?
>>
>>7432253
In the UK at least all dog food is fit for human consumption and they use human taste testers for quality control.

I don't know where you are but if its here you will be perfectly safe to do so, bot wet and dry food.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.