[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me what you think of my deli menu so far /ck/. Would love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: sandwich_nutritionally_fit.jpg (238 KB, 1247x1005) Image search: [Google]
sandwich_nutritionally_fit.jpg
238 KB, 1247x1005
Tell me what you think of my deli menu so far /ck/. Would love some suggestions/additions. Bonus points for clever names.

The Punisher - Jalapeno Cheddar - Turkey, jalapenos, spicy mayo, jalapeno jack cheese, avocado, spinach

Kingpin - French Hoagie - Pot roast, honey mustard, mayo, tomatoes, sauteed onion and green pepper, french fries

Monkey Man - Sugar Ciabatta - Bananas, peanut butter, honey, apples

Eggs Over Benedict's Mom - English muffin - Egg over easy, spinach, hollandaise, honey maple ham, tomato

Tuna Sal-ad - Foccacia - Tuna salad made with jalapeno, cilantro, egg whites, mayo with tomato and spinach

Ham Sandwich - Ciabatta - Honey maple ham, goat cheese, bacon, honey, tomato, arugula

Grilled Cheesepreme - Cheese focaccia - Muenster, Gouda, Bacon, Blue Cheese spread with a dollop of goat cheese on top

Big Greek - Feta, thin-shaved pot roast, Tzatziki sauce, red onion, and cucumber served with a side of tabbouleh salad

Salads

Tabbouleh Salad - Tabbouleh, feta, spinach, cucumber, mint vinaigrette

Avocado Salad - Avocado stuffed with diced cucumber and onion and blue cheese spread served on top of a bed of spring mix with slices of avocado, tomato, cucumber topped with feta and served with a balsamic glaze

Big Sandwiches

No bread substitutions

Junior - Thick cut toast - Sauerkraut, Corned beef, 1000 Island, Swiss, sauteed portobella slices (3/4 pound sandwich)

Middle Child - Thick cut toast - Sauerkraut, Corned beef, Pot roast, Swiss, 1000 Island, sauteed portobella slices, sauteed onions (1 1/2 pound sandwich)

Senior - Thick cut toast - Sauerkraut, Corned beef, Pot roast, Ham, Bacon, Swiss, 1000 Island, sauteed portobella slices, sauteed onions (2 1/4 pound sandwich)
>>
I think I'll just go to Subway instead.
>>
I'd order the punisher. No jalapeƱos or spicy Mayo. I also don't think avacado or spinach would go good with it either. Too busy. I'd also substitute American cheese, and add ketchup.
>>
>>7431627

Look at all that sugar. Just name them after ponies, you know you want to.

>1000 Island
You mean, "Thousand Island"?
>>
>>7431637
>>7431650
Quality input

Also I'm lazy and allowed to short hand
>>
I know you're trying to be cool and hip but the names, dude. As a customer, it's awkward and annoying to go order something that has a convoluted weird name. 'Hi i'll have an 'Eggs over benedict's mom' and a 'Grilled cheesepreme' and if I'm on a date or with my family how can anyone take me seriously when that comes out of my mouth?

Ingredients look good would eat, but the names...
>>
>>7431662
Open to name suggestions. I realize the eggs one is silly and not family-appropriate
>>
>>7431666
Ideally you want the names easy to roll off the tongue and not too long, so people can remember what they ordered etc

> 'Eggs Bennie's'? actually that was the only one i had a problem with really. I like monkey man, good name
>4-cheese supreme

>middle child and senior sound awkward. Maybe something like 'Cassidy' and 'Old fashioned good luck anon'
>>
>>7431684
typo, should be
>'old fashioned'. good luck anon!
>'good luck anon' should not be in the name of a sandwich
>>
>>7431666
Just call it Benedict eggspress
>>
>>7431692
This anon is onto something. Add pineapple and call it the pineapple eggspress
>>
>>7431627
Quite frankly, I think you need to get a life.
>>
>>7431627
No pastrami???
>>
>>7431728
Well I guess a legitimate aspiration to own a deli isn't really a good reason. You're right. Good contribution :^)
>>
>>7431732
I don't care for the taste. I mean, I know people like it, but I don't know what I would make that corned beef couldn't fulfill.
>>
>>7431728
Fuck off faggot atleast hes doing something productive. Eat a bullet fucking loser
>>
where are the fucking onions on half of these.

do you even sandwich
>>
you should use "quirky" names, like "The Audrey Hepburn Special" or whatever, shit that lets you go thematic.
>>
Why is there bacon on the ham sandwich but not the turkey one?
>>
>>7431666
Eggcellent sandwich
>>
The Jack of all trades

Rare chicken on a bed of party cheese salad with a heap of claw pulled pork lumps all smothered in the best BBQ sauce you'll ever taste.
>>
>>7433355
Stop it.
>>
>>7431728
I love Punisher puns.
>>
File: jaggjr.jpg (3 KB, 72x78) Image search: [Google]
jaggjr.jpg
3 KB, 72x78
>>7431847
saved
>>
File: 1431809722898.jpg (20 KB, 215x217) Image search: [Google]
1431809722898.jpg
20 KB, 215x217
>>7431847
>Rare chicken
>mfw
>>
>>7433423
Make me :^)
>>
>>7431684
what if your with black co-workers when you order the "monkey man." Is that appropriate?
>>
>>7433503
nothing wrong with rare chicken.

Modern farming is safe enough that disease is a non-issue.

The vast majority of times you get sick from food is improper kitchen hygiene, not undercooked chicken or whatever.
>>
>>7433687
They won't understand anyways, they'll be too busy shouting and throwing gang signs.
>>
>>7433707
Actually no, you're completely wrong. You should know that if you don't cook chicken you won't kill the Salmonella virus that lays dormant in many American chickens.
>>
>>7431627
Change the Tuna Sal-ad from Tuna to chicken or pork or even smoked salmon!
>>
If you're gonna go with Marvel names, go with Marvel names. At least your gimmicky shit will actually have a theme.
>>
>>7433707

wow either you are incredibly stupid or this is bait
>>
>>7433730
http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/food/how-to/a10797/eating-raw-chicken-0911/
"The Centers for Disease Control has documented five salmonella outbreaks this year, none of which involved eating chicken."
>>
>>7433740
Until he gets sued so hard that he'll never walk again
>>
>>7431847
Needs some anchovies thrown in there.
>>
>>7433741
https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/chicken-tartare
The whole "raw chicken is dangerous" thing is a meme.

It's no more dangerous than beef.
>>
>>7431627
>clever names

That shit needs to stop
>>
>>7431627
I always thought Subway should make a really spicy sub, and call it the Third Rail. Kinda a pun on their name. The third rail of a subway is the one that's electrified, i.e. "hot".
>>
File: 1431811390133.jpg (11 KB, 318x225) Image search: [Google]
1431811390133.jpg
11 KB, 318x225
>>7431627
>Cheese focaccia - Muenster, Gouda, Bacon, Blue Cheese spread with a dollop of goat cheese on top
no onions? wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>7431627
>no bread substitutions
Bread substitutions - 3.50

Don't be negative about it, just make it worth your time and pain.
>>
>>7431627
looks good but how much staff are you going to have to prep so many different toppings?
>>
>>7434040
I would probably want a small staff. My wife and I will be running it ourselves when the day comes
>>
>>7434326
be careful with that, larger menus usually mean more prep and expense since you are also buying less of each ingredient.

are you planning on selling fixins like soup and whatnot?
>>
>>7434334
Yeah. I don't think any menu item so far is 100% set in stone. I definitely wanna keep prep and overall ingredients to decent minimum. What recommendations might you have based on the menu so far? I know I might wanna take fries out of the Kingpin
>>
>>7433744
That's because no one eats their chicken fucking raw
>>
>>7434360
bacon in the ham sandwich sounds overkill
eggs benny sandwich is outright strange, maybe a fancy egg salad would do better?
the french fry thing is indeed weird

btw i stumbled on this menu and i thought it was pretty dope...
http://crownedcat.com/en/menu/
>>
>>7431627
>The Punisher - Jalapeno Cheddar - Turkey, jalapenos, spicy mayo, jalapeno jack cheese, avocado, spinach

Jalapeno cheddar bread, jalapenos and jalapeno jack cheese seem redundant. Spicy mayo is probably redundant too. It sounds gimmicky, and like you'd have to stock obscure perishable ingredients for the gimmick.

>Kingpin - French Hoagie - Pot roast, honey mustard, mayo, tomatoes, sauteed onion and green pepper, french fries

French fries in the sandwich? I don't even. Or are you pairing french fries with the sandwich, instead of selling them as a side, or including them with all sandwiches, like every other restaurant since 1950?

>Big Greek - Feta, thin-shaved pot roast, Tzatziki sauce, red onion, and cucumber served with a side of tabbouleh salad

Thin shaved pot roast is going to be a bland centerpiece, where a bold, strongly seasoned meat is called for to balance the tzatziki and feta. This sounds like a basic gyros, made by someone who didn't have proper gyros meat, and decided to throw in whatever protein was handy.
>>
>>7434415
The idea of the menu is to appeal to more " normal" palettes. The Punisher is a pretty prime example of "tastes people will know". Most people prefer what they know when indecisive. It's a comfort thing; of course I could be more exotic
>>
>>7433460
jaggu
>>
>>7431847
*must be eaten vertically or "taco style"
>>
>>7431666
nice digits

just stop letting bob from bob's burgers ghostwrite the item names
>>
>>7433707

Yes, it must be those filthy vegetables and not the chicken

OP your food sounds stupid and your bread choice is shit.
>>
>>7434796
Then make suggestions
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.