[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it cold and why do people like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (396 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
396 KB, 1536x1152
Why is it cold and why do people like this
>>
>>7431438
a) lack of heat
b) cos it tastes good
>>
>>7431438

It's cold because mayo and people like it because they are fat fucks who are likely to lose a finger if they drop a sizable glob of mayo on it.
>>
>>7431441
>fat is bad or fat makes you fat implying
Please kill yourself you ignorant pleb.
>>
Potato salad, macaroni salad or cole slaw?
>>
>>7431471

No, you're right. The vast majority of people who literally coat their food in mayo are skinny

>fatfuck detected
>>
Damn, I love potato salad. Haven't had it homemade since mom died from cervical cancer.
>>
>>7431476

Coleslaw if it has a vinegar dressing
>>
>>7431478
>still implying that fat makes you fat

Sugar makes you fat
>>
>>7431478
>correlation is causation
Looks like we have a low IQ gutter trash here.
>>
File: DSCN1915.jpg (272 KB, 1332x1300) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1915.jpg
272 KB, 1332x1300
x
>>
>>7431493

>implying slathering food in mayo isn't unhealthy

sugar doesn't make people fat. eating more than your daily required calories makes people fat. You could eat nothing but carrots and you will be fat if you're lazy and eat 1000 calories over what your daily requirements are. You can also eat nothing but pure sugar and lose weight if you ingest less calories than your body needs to maintain itself. Next time you want to school me on something, learn your shit you stupid fat fuck
>>
>>7431507
>eating more than your daily required calories makes people fat.

this 100% true
>>
>>7431507
Fair enough, but what about if you eat at or below your calorie requirements and some of those calories consist of potato salad?
>>
>>7431478
>literally coat their food in mayo
I do this and I'm skinny. I'm also 27. I eat eggs fried in bacon grease on a regular basis and I put mayo on pretty much every sandwich I make- at least 2 tsp worth. I also drink about 2 gallons of whole milk each week. I'm 6'0" and 186lbs. I don't drink soda (not on anything close to a consistent basis). I don't drink coffee, and I don't add sugar to my tea. I eat candy/chocolate as often as I drink soda. I have milk shakes ~once a week and drink gatorade after running. Why am I not obese?
>>
>>7431517

Like I said, the majority of people who slather their food in mayo generally don't fall in the skinny section of society. One serving of potato salad is probably at least 1/4 of my daily calories, so explain how it won't make me fat when It's probably at most only 1/3 of the food on my plate during that meal?

Or are you going to tell me that most people who treat themselves to a small, reasonably sized portion of potato salad won't eat anything else with that meal except a small lean protein and a side salad with no cheese, bacon, nuts, dressing? (other than balsamic vinegar)
>>
>>7431529

Because you exercise and probably don't overeat every day of your life, though if you continue living that way you will fuck up your arteries no matter how thin you are or how much you run.
>>
>>7431529
6'0 - 186 lbs...

thats not "skinny" .. maybe for amerifats Standards
>>
>>7431557

This is true
>>
>>7431529
>I'm 6'0" and 186lbs.
that ain't skinny son
>>
>>7431557
>>7431578
>>7431591
can confirm. I am 6'1 190lbs and definitely not skinny.

>>7431529
we are in danger of becoming overweight and could due to lose 15-20 pounds. good luck bro you should probably start eating healthier
>>
Someone once hired me to cater their birthday party, and the only thing they told me they wanted on the menu and otherwise gave 0 fucks was potato salad because it's their "favorite food"
Trying to work a whole menu for around 60 people just off of potato salad was weird but it turned out alright
>>
>>using mayonnaise for potato salad
>>
>classic image.jpg
>>
>>7431479
Dude it's literally potatoes onions and dressing
>>
>>7431751
>>>NOT using mayonnaise for potato salad

how much of a pleb can you be?

potatoes are literal garbage without mayonaise.
>>
>>7431756
Not when they're fried in goose fat and salted properly.
>>
>>7431755

>potatoes onions and dressing

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>7431759
>fried potatoes without mayonaise

holy fuck anon. next your gonna say you eat them without pouring ketchup on them, right?
>>
>>7431755
what a retard.
>>
How do people feel about potato salad with hard boiled eggs and diced bacon?
>>
>>7431765

change the bacon with tomatoes, avocado and diced cheese, and thats bassically my meal three times a week. lots of mayo.
>>
File: I_fucking_love_mayo.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
I_fucking_love_mayo.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>
>>7431756
I like doing mustard with a bit of mayo, say about 1 part mayo to 3 parts mustard. Spicier mustard the better.
>>
>>7431557
Depends on what that weight is made of. Muscle is denser than fat. I'm not scrawny, but I'm definitely nowhere near bulky.
>>
>>7431544
>you will fuck up your arteries
I'm going with the "I cook 90% of what I eat" theory on this. Outside of the bacon grease I cook with olive oil or canola primarily. All my omega 3s are glorious. Oh yeah, and real butter.
>>
>>7432283

Awesome. Hit me up in 4 years when you graduate from skinnyfat to fat.
>>
>not making potato salad with chopped apples and raisins

the shanghai special
>>
>>7431438
The problem here is that it's made all wrong.

First you want to roast the potatoes:
Leave the skins on. that's where the flavor hides.
Chop them into manageable bites and coat them in olive oil, salt, pepper,
Bake for 35-40 at 400f

While that's cooking:
Saute some red onion and garlic in some olive oil. When it's all hot, toss in a little sugar to make a glaze and some salt.

Brown some bacon in the oven until crispy Reserve a little of the bacon drippings.

Now make a dressing out of the dripping by using:
Apple cider vinegar, Dijon Mustard, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme, pepper, salt, and olive oil.

Toss it all together, and serve it while it's warm, but not hot.

It's pretty good at room temperature too.
>>
mobile posters should be banned from making threads
>>
>>7431441

>implying people who enjoy mayo eat a surplus of mayo every single day

jesus christ you people only know extremes

i wonder why
>>
>>7433147
Is this the new maymay? Can you at least give us a rare pepe with it, so I can be sure?
>>
>>7431507
>he hasn't heard about the woman who drank shittons of carrot juice and died from Vitamin K overdose.
>>
>>7434099
wtf? kale alone provides an insane amount of bitamin K, how is this possible
>>
>>7431476
coleslaw is made in so many different ways but i'll always pick it first because muh carbs. then potatesalat then macaroni
>>
>>7433147
anyone can name a file image.jpg
>>
>>7434153

Fuck kale. Spinach is cheaper, more nutritious, better texture, and taste better. The only time kale is superior is when making soups.
>>
File: skinnyfat.jpg (881 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfat.jpg
881 KB, 1836x3264
>>7433102
Gotta make it to skinny fat first. I look forward to my gut in my 50s.
>>
>>7435108
>bragging on a russian tractor repair board
>about being skinny
>skinny

Just fuck off to /fit/ already you fucking retard.
>>
>>7435108
>He wears those boot sweat pants
How many pairs of those can you fit in your backpack?
>>
>>7435108
Is that you Skeak?
>>
>>7435145
>doesn't know what it's like to wear more than 2 ribbons
Fuck off faggot.

>>7435173
No. I'm not skeak.
>>
The resteraunt I work with makes a fuck ton of poTato salad so I eat like a bowl and a half a day, am I gonna die /ck/?
>>
>>7431438
GERMANS ARE THE ORIGINAL MASTER RACE
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 495x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 495x400
I love Alioli potatoes
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.