[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yes there is a good way to reheat a McDonald's hamburger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: 20101014-aging-burger-5.jpg (193 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
20101014-aging-burger-5.jpg
193 KB, 500x333
This was asked:
>Is there a tasty way to re-heat a McDonalds cheeseburger or should i just bite the bullet and drown it in Ketchup?

and the answer is yes, put it in the oven at 300 for 10 minutes. my roommate used to steal them from work, everyone hated him but he'd bring home 30 burgers every couple of days so we wouldn't kick him out. I lived on them for a couple months, so I got pretty good at reheating them.
>>
>>7429858
I leave it on the dashboard of my car and it's usually the same level of freshness by ~2 in the afternoon.
>>
Wow this mod is on a fucking period

Whos dick did she have to suck to do it for free?
>>
>>7429858
>Is there a tasty way to re-heat a McDonalds cheeseburger
No they are ok fresh and horrible leftovers. Just throw it in the trash.
>>
>>7429858
>>7429858
>put it in the oven at 300 for 10 minutes.

forgot to add, leaving them in the wrapper is key.

They actually taste a little better than the fresh ones for some reason.
>>
>>7429858
I'd pan heat the fucker, at least give the sugar loaf some texture.
>>
>>7429880
doesn't work. whatever that shit is, it does not toast well and gets burnt before the insides come up to temp. trust me, the oven is the way to go.
>>
>>7430090

This might come as a shock to you, but you can always disassemble it and pan-cook the pieces rather than doing it "whole".
>>
>>7430120
you cant actually. when they cool completely in the wrapper the meat and buns and cheese fuse together. you can only separate at the condiment layer which is no good for frying.

i musy have eaten hundreds of stolen McD burgers. I've tried everything
>>
>>7429858
the bun would get crispy as fuck

I just put them in the microwave for 45 seconds for mcdouble or fish
>>
>>7430174
>you can only separate at the condiment layer

I'm glad there's a technical term for that.
>>
>>7430174

I've never had a problem. The only thing that gets stuck is the cheese, so you can't fry the cheese-side of whatever it was stuck to. Let's say the cheese got stuck to one side of the patty. You can still cook the buns and one side of the patty.
>>
File: nJ3LqdW.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
nJ3LqdW.gif
2 MB, 380x285
So much wrong with that question. Don't buy mcdonalds. Its disgusting when its new. Its disgusting times infinity when its old. If you are buying the dollar menu, just take the L and throw it out. If you are buying of the premium menu, Stop. You can literally make 3 hamburgers for the price of one and that is without horse meat or meat slurry.
>>
>>7430175

thats why it has to be in the wrapper. microwave will only make the bread hard and nasty
>>
>>7430240

Wait what? McDonald's is bad food? It's expensive? You could MAKE your own burger that tastes better for less money?? I wish you would have started posting here years ago. It's far too late now.
>>
>>7430299
fuck off fede
>>
>>7430175
This guy knows what's up!

Microwave a few seconds in the wrapper and I SWEAR they taste exactly like you just bought them!
>>
File: 1454351727491.jpg (120 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1454351727491.jpg
120 KB, 500x636
>>7430240
>anon dismantles the entire amerikkkan fast food establishment in a single post while also proving he/her is thrifty and conscious about what goes into his/her body
>>
>>7430240
>If you are buying the dollar menu, just take the L and throw it out.
That doesn't make any sense because then it would a doar menu?
>>
>open wrapper
>place upside down in microwave on wrapper
>nuke for 30 seconds (more like 20 because who gives a fuck)
>flip it back over, wait a few seconds
>consume

The flip is the key, gets the top bun moist, and keeps the bottom one from being soggy.
>>
IMO the only way to successfully reheat a McD's burger is by sous vide. Have the water ~60-70 C and drop in the burger (wrapped in plastic obviously) for over an hour.

Comes out as good as new.
>>
File: middle_lel.jpg (30 KB, 307x315) Image search: [Google]
middle_lel.jpg
30 KB, 307x315
>>7430427
>>
>>7431082
/thread
>>
File: Images.jpg (29 KB, 457x460) Image search: [Google]
Images.jpg
29 KB, 457x460
>>7429858
I have developed a taste for refrigerated McDonalds. I think in 10 years all the cool kids will be eating fridge burgers.
>>
>>7430174

>stolen burgers

Your roommate didn't steal them, Mcdonalds throws burgers out every day, once they're made they are good for 12 hours after that they have to throw them out and they don't even allow employees to take them... Must be great knowing you ate something not fit for human consumption.
>>
>>7431680

All the kids enjoy your mums fur burger.
>>
>>7431815
>Must be great knowing you ate something not fit for human consumption.
i know right. did you know mcdonald's burgers are made from worms??? true story a 3rd grader told me.
>>
>>7431815
>good for 12 hours
no
>>
>>7429878
That's because when a fast food Burger is made, the patties are stored in trays and not freshly grilled, the buns are taken from a freezer, the mayo, ketchup and mustard has been sitting open all day, the lettuce is usually warm, and the vegetables are also frozen beforehand. It's not fresh.
>>
>>7431870

https://youtu.be/8uHxRwQqWFo

Actually, good for four years.

PRESERVATIVES DUDE LMAO
>>
>>7431905
You have clearly never had a burger from Burger King.
>>
>>7431917
That was actually a description of what the process is like there, because I was a line cook at burger king for 5 months. And ours was the best in the county.
>>
>>7431935
"ours was the best in the country".
And you're proud of that?
Aren't you even slightly ashamed?
>>
>>7431905
>>7431917
>>7431935
>>7431941
The thread is about fucking mcdonalds you wankers
>>
>>7431941
Shut the fuck up. You have no choice in the matter, you do things like management tells you or you get the fuck out. If you can't deal with that then don't work fast food, but for some people it's either work fast food or go hungry.
>>
>>7431941
County

We had the highest satisfaction rate. I'm not proud of working there at all, I'm just saying the laziness wasn't very prominent there at all, most workers were prior military. Boss was a lardshit though
>>
>>7431949
Topkek, salty fiend.
Personally, I'd go hungry.
>>
>>7431951
#1 out of 2?
My sides oh lawdie
>>
File: 1438714661375-pol.jpg (46 KB, 650x427) Image search: [Google]
1438714661375-pol.jpg
46 KB, 650x427
>>7431955
Well memed

At any rate fast food chain burgers tend to be gross
>>
>>7429858
or just microwave it in the wrapper for like 10 seconds, comes out perfect
>>
>>7431914
that guy is annoying.

>eats too much food, vomits
>this apparently means mcdonald's is inherently unhealthy

>look, the bigger moister fries went moldy faster!
i guess potato chips are "flukes of nature" too?

he's riding on the coattails of a billion dollar company by making stupid videos. he's like anita sarkeesian.
>>
>>7431973
Yes

But assuming you've watched Supersize Me you know fast food is cancer
>>
>>7431973
He was eating a sparse vegan diet beforehand too. He could've had an artisanal pastrami on rye and he would've chucked it back up because it wasn't bland enough. Totally jive documentary.
>>
>>7431815

you fucking retard you think I didntvwork there too?

wrapped sandwiches stay on the tray for 20 minutes then they get tossed. so you make a bunch of extras just before a rush ends and change the bin liner at the same time. throw the burgers in the bag, take it out to the dumpster and hide until end of shift. you need to be a floater or bribe the sandwich line with weed so they make the extras.

and you can't make premium sandwiches, only the value items cuz those aren't counted as closely. thats how you steal burgers from McDonald's
>>
>>7431966

microwaving them even in the wrapper is subpar. the oven is the best way
>>
>>7432125
bullshit

McD's Burgers are perfectly reheatable in the microwave

takes about 10 seconds on 700W

they come out steaming hot
>>
just because we're on the topic of reheating shitty fast food, just wanna say, if you got little caesars pizza in your fridge.... heat it up on the stove top. that's what im saying. okay. thank you.
>>
>>7432174
Like in a saucepan?
I don't understand your method
>>
>>7432178
Not this guy, but dry in a pan on med heat with dough side down
>>
>>7432157

the oven gives objectively better results. Microwave leaves the inside wet and the bun gets rock hard around the edges.
>>
Has noone mention that you need to separate the bun, the meat/cheese, and the vegetables?

Fucking amateurs
>>
>>7432425
if they're sitting in a freezer or refrigerator for any lengthy period of time that's very unlikely to be possible.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.