[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good ideas or recipes for someone looking to eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: fettuccine-alfredo.jpg (78 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
fettuccine-alfredo.jpg
78 KB, 1280x851
What are some good ideas or recipes for someone looking to eat healthier and cut back on meat?

What are some alternatives to beef that will still help me be healthy?
>>
Fettuccine Alfredo
>>
just eat less beef and add more veggies???
>>
>>7428838
why so many question marks???
like, I literally can't even???
are you a white female by any chance???
>>
>>7428826
look up vegetarian recipes
>>
>>7428881
well can't you just add more veggies???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>7428826

Meat is not unhealthy. Just eat lean meats if you're worried about the fats, and eat more veggies.
>>
Replace carbs with healthy veggies, not the meat. If youre worried about cholesterol eat less red meat.
Otherwise: eat more fish and mushrooms are a decent substitute
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 1024x683
>>7428925
Vegetables are carbs you colossal spunk trumpet.
>>
>>7428925
>exogenous cholesterol meme
>>
>>7428925
Not another ketofag...

Note: your brain runs on carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are good for you. The carbs just need to be whole foods, such as red rice, fruit, quinoa, etc.
>>
>>7428990
brain runs on glucose.
>>
OP, some alternatives to meat I eat on the regular are tofu, tempeh, and beans. You can also look into faux meats in your grocery store, but you really won't need that. Just replace something plant-based where you would otherwise be adding meat. For example, if you're making spaghetti, instead of adding beef, add a combination of onions, a bay leaf, mushrooms, carrots, celery, and oregano all sauteed in olive oil. If you don't add a source of fat in your meals (since you're not adding meat), you will feel hungry and unsatisfied. Tofu and potatoes are my go-to for places I'd otherwise be adding meat.

You should also purchase spices, because they come in very handy and add a ton of flavor. You can get bags of spices at your local Indian grocery for $2 each. Good spices to get are (besides the typical salt and pepper) cumin, curry powder, bay leaves, curry leaves (great for rice), star anise, oregano.
>>
>>7429005
Yes, which comes from carbohydrates. Fat and protein result in very little glucose for the brain. http://www.ghc.org/healthAndWellness/?item=%2Fcommon%2FhealthAndWellness%2Fconditions%2Fdiabetes%2FglucoseSources.html
>>
>>7429047
>Yes, which comes from carbohydrates
No, it comes from food, the article you linked even shows this.

I'm also type 1 diabetic and it's no different for us.

Go shitpost somewhere else.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>
homemade bean chili and bread. it's practically all I eat.
>>
>>7429341
Yes, there's a certain amount of glucose coming from protein and fat, but does our body convert -enough- glucose from these macronutrients? No.

>Although our bodies change some (read: some) of the protein we eat into glucose, most of this glucose is stored in our liver and not released into our bloodstream.
>We turn less than 10 percent of the fat we eat into glucose.
>>
>>7428944
Veggies are mostly water and fiber. You'd have to eat a gigantic bowl of salad to get the carb equivalent of a tiny plate of noodles or a piece of bread.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 760x572
>>7430559
Not that guy but while the idear of ketofags all being braindead people sounds pretty endearing it is also most probably wrong.

Substantial brain deficency is a pretty big deal. Can you show me one study that shows keto isn't a safe diet for this reason?
>>
>>7428826

Ive been doing this lately and I have had success with frittata. I mix egg whites in with my eggs half and half make a 12 inch and cut it up in tupperware for work lunch all week.

Also just got a pair of gallon mason jars and I am going to get into kimchi.
>>
>>7428826
Fish & Seafood
Chicken
Turkey
Soy Products (like tofu if you want a substitute for meat)

Pretty much, swap out beef for leaner meats. Try to eat fish once a week. Load up at least half of your plate with veggies (a salad counts when you are first starting off). Cut back on unnecessary sugar and 'unhealthy' carbs like breads that aren't multigrain and pasta. Eat fruit in moderation (but definitely if you want to switch it out for something else for dessert it's the better choice), avoid store bought juice since they just load it with sugar. Basically smaller portion sizes, you can eat what you want within moderation, choose healthier snacks and swaps in meals, and cut back on candy, soda, and junk food.
>>
Are you a 30 year old obese soccer mom? There is literally no reason to ever "cut back on meat". What you read in magazines doesn't count as science. Like maybe 5% of the human population eats too much meat, for the other 95% results from eating less of it will be minuscule and totally unnoticeable at best
>>
chicken breasts and salmon. boom, done. chicken is healthy, full of protein, low fat and cheap. salmon is even healthier and full of omega 3s but a little more expensive. definitely affordable however depending on if you buy in bulk, a lot of stores have small dollar or even two dollar/lb discounts when you buy 3 lbs or more. $6/lb is justifiable if its good fish like salmon.
>>
Just beef? Chicken would be a good choice for lean protein. Less beef, more chicken.
>>
>>7428826
>less meat
>healthy
*tips dreadlocks*
>>
>>7428826
chicken sausages, the ones from sprouts are only 150kcal per 4oz
>>
>>7432804
Dude meat for every meal is too much meat which is what the average American has everyday for all three meals

Also for that matter replacing meat with cheese doesn't count you should be eating plant protein based meals
>>
>>7432804
That 5% mostly live in the western world where they make up over a third of the population.
>>
>>7430559
a person on the keto diet is getting the pyruvate primarily from fat.
Pyruvate is the common breakdown product between glucose and fat.
In fact, per gram, it has a greater energy storage density than carbs.

source:am biochemist
>>
>>7430559
>>7435640
also im going to call that 10% figure into question. give me a more reliable source
>>
>>7428944
>posting this image
>saying that
>being utterly wrong

kill yourself soon, yes?
>>
>>7430559
Just think about what you're saying. Essentially humans would starve into brain death after not eating for 12 hours.

But we can fast for weeks with adequate fat reserves.

Why do you just come on here and post your stupid bullshit?
>>
>>7428826
>>7428826
Pastaroni salads and rice wraps are ur frends here

Breadaroni pasta sandwich

Bread bowl with soup and crouton salad option

Spinach wrap and soy cooklet
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.