[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the general consensus on Andrew Zimmern?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5
File: condescending_asshole.jpg (311 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
condescending_asshole.jpg
311 KB, 1000x666
What's the general consensus on Andrew Zimmern?
>>
I like him.
>>
I think he's kind of obnoxious but not to the point that I'll turn the channel.
>>
He is a hard man. He likes fucking, and drinking, and singing... but killing, killing's the thing he loves. He's just like me. Only smaller.
>>
he makes me think sometimes some of the stuff I would normally not eat might be actually bretty good.
>>
He's a big guy
>>
>>7427563

he always comes off as homosexual
>>
You can't simmer the Zimmer, Anon.
>>
>>7427563
he's moderately annoying

and he used to be a homeless heroin addict or something so that's kinda neat
>>
File: celebritychefalignment.jpg (286 KB, 999x799) Image search: [Google]
celebritychefalignment.jpg
286 KB, 999x799
He comes off as an asshole on his show, but then again I've only seen a few episodes. He seemed like a bro when he did that tag team iron chef episode with Morimoto so I guess I've always got the wrong impression.
>>
>>7427563
He was offered some African tribal bush loli, and he refused. What a jewish faggot.
>>
>>7427587

Brown or Black?
>>
he used to be a drug addict who'd violently rob people on the street.
>>
>>7427587
Bet you $20 he refused on camera then beat the loli pussy up when things stopped being recorded
>>
>>7427578
for you
>>
>>7427574
>but killing, killing's the thing he loves
This. I watched a few episodes and he seemed pretty chill, then I saw one where he was hunting some kind of giant swamp rat in the south and they spent a lot of time showing him looking murderously happy holding it up as blood dripped from its nostrils. I'm not opposed to hunting by any means but there was something uncomfortable about that moment. Then I started to remember how in almost every previous episode he would make an excited comment about how expertly skinned some animal carcass was or he would practically cream himself over the snap of a skull or ribcage opening to get to the contents. This guy doesn't just love food.
>>
DUDE TESTICLES LMAO
>>
>>7427729
>I'LL TAKE EYEBALLS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK OVER MY WIFE'S COOKING
>RAW QUAHOGS UP THE WAZOO, FRESH FROM THE MUD PITS
>THIS DISH IS BASICALLY STILL ALIVE BECAUSE I KILLED IT MYSELF
>THESE GALL BLADDERS ARE ESPECIALLY GOOD, BETTER IF YOU DON'T SEASON THEM UNLIKE AN UNCULTURED SWINE
>IF YOU'RE NOT RISKING POISONING YOURSELF, YOU HAVEN'T ACHIEVED CULINARY NIRVANA
>>
>>7427674
Shooting shit is fun. Skinning shit can be tricky. The good bits like marrow, brain, roe, the tucked away parts of shellfish ("suck the head") etc are all stashed away in the nooks n' crannies.
>>
>>7427782
Is this what Bizarre food would be like if it was hosted by Guy Fieri?

Because Zimmeramn has a pretty professional demeanor, until he finds something he actually dislikes then it's snide as a mother fucker. Which I don't mind that much. Fuck other cultures.
>>
>>7427791
More like Travel Channel taking his side comments out of context for previews of his newest episode, but Guy Fieri works too.

But, yeah, he wouldn't sound like this unless he explicitly dislikes it.
>>
>>7427583
I believe he was a homeless alcoholic

I was surprised to learn about that too
>>
>>7427563
Fun fact: prior to his celebrity Andrew Zimmern lived as a homeless heroin addict.
>>
>>7427563
i hate how absolutely positive and chipper and bubbly he is about every fucking thing he eats

its not human
>>
>>7427584
zimmerman is neutral evil

he disrespects people and translates his insecurities into a flase sense of brazenness 'fuck it' attitude. he is a clown trampling and traipsing on entire cultures and has no business doing what he does in any light other than tragic satire

i am thankful for the content of the productions he is involved in, but he makes them very impossible to watch. I am confident the entire premise of the shows he is involved in is "lol look at the ignorant fat american swine" which is not only disrespectful to the shows guests, it is disrespectful to americans and global cohesion itself
>>
Another Jew eats shit show. He's a half a con artist with a gift for gab. Must be a nice life, though.
>>
>>7427674
This made me laugh so hard. You are a well worded and funny individual, anon
>>
>>7427579
False alarm, he's just Jewish.
>>
>>7427584
Switch Ramsey and Harriot
>>
>>7428547
why? Ramsey follows a strict,internalized set of ideas about being a good chef and running a good restaurant. He shits on people who he sees as breaking these rules. Harriot is chaotic because of his strange ramblings.
>>
He has a fun show that showcases awesome and strange food internationally.

He seems really gay, like too gay to believe he has a wife and kids. Not sayin thats wrong, op is a faggot too.
>>
>>7427563
I love watching his show when I just need to get drunk and laugh to forget about how shit my life is. I dunno what it is about his show but it always tickles me
>>
>>7427955

You are implying that other cultures are worth anything.

Here's a tip: They're not.

Most other cultures are not some special snowflake super secret tradition and heritage the most beaut preserved, coddled, and comforted. It's mostly barely literate immoral humans trying to figure out how to not die, and in the process they end up doing weird things and eating weird shit.

Third world cuisine should be a curiosity in the modern world and nothing more.
>>
>>7427584
who is chaotic evil? wouldn't paula deen be better suited for "lawful" evil?
>muh butter
>>
>>7427584

>Lawful Good
>Alton Brown
>Zimmern comes across as an asshole

Yea no, Alton Brown is a humongous narcissist by comparison. At least Zimmern is funny, while Alton likes to bitch about other Food Network hosts.
>>
File: Serving_Surströmming.jpg (4 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
Serving_Surströmming.jpg
4 MB, 3888x2592
>>7429522
>Third world cuisine should be a curiosity in the modern world and nothing more.

this, it's disgusting how those 3rd worlders can eat shit like rotten fish or mouldy cheese
>>
>>7427563
I think he's a pedophile and uses the show to fuck kids outside the US. Probably boys
>>
>>7429583
Speaking of which, Bourdain sure made a lot of episodes in southeast asia. Food for thought.
>>
>>7429587
I don't think he's a pedophile. Hes a drunk though
>>
>>7429587
I think he just likes to fuck prostitutes.
>>
He's a cuck because he changed his name just because of some nigger.
>>
>>7429526
Takeshi Kaga is chaotic evil, presumable because he forces other chefs to battle for his own amusement.
>>
>>7427791
Even when he dislikes things he makes a point to respect the local culture. He really is not an asshole at all. I agree with the guy who said he comes off as gay.

Otherwise a solid guy, but people on here will always find some contrary POV because thats so cool.
>>
he admits he is gay as hell
>>
>>7427563
I like his professionalism

but he is granola as hell
>>
I fucking love the guy.
>>
>>7427563
He's a little nutty and gamey.
>>
>>7427584
THat picture of the Frieri Fister of Falvor gave me a good chuckle.
>>
>>7427563
I can't believe he got away with murdering Trayvon Martin.
>>
>>7427782
>obligatory guru fish episode

TAKE ME TO DANGER TWON SENPAI
>>
>>7430852
It's sweet

It's nutty

[Noises of bliss]
>>
>>7427563
He seems like a hard working experienced man who knows what he's talking about. Watching his shows is enjoyable.
>>
>>7427563
I have him on facebook, he seems like a really nice guy, but he throws in a ton of gay agenda stuff once in awhile, which is very offputting
>>
He describes everything as nutty or earthy.

He also is kind of a snob and bizarre foods is painfully hard to watch only because of him
>>
>>7429569

Yeah. They have to figure out how to make to eat whatever so they don't die.
>>
That episode in Singapore or Phillipines Andrew is being shown around by a super gay local celeb. Lets slip him calling the dude "honey" and "darling."
>>
>>7427563
based af
>>
>>7429569
the fish isn't that bad, or most rotten prepared food for that matter
the sauce/liquid is rank
>>
>>7427563
its a cool show and its pretty cool to see the way small town-folk prepare and eat a whole goddamn goat. but i fucking hate it when he puts his little faggot ass glasses on at the tip of his nose. its so fucking annoying, i really dont have a good reason for hating it so much but it makes me want to kill people

also he always describes things as 'beautifully seasoned' or whatever and that shit gets on my nerves.

other than that i enjoy the show
>>
>puts anything in his mouth
>OH WOW

why is this allowed?
>>
>>7427563
I really liked his special on Syria. Glad I got to see a tour of the Aleppo souk before it got destroyed
>>
I like his show but the way he smacks his lips and eats like a pig while sucking down bugs and dicks and shit is kinda gross.
>>
>>7427563
i can't believe this nigga can't eat walnuts.
>>
I liked him until I saw him on Mark Wien's YT channel. He came off as a self-important diva.
>>
>>7434017
Oh fuck I can't handle it when he scrapes his fork on his teeth every time he takes a bite. Bugs the shit out of me
>>
His show is very entertaining even though he's too flamboyant at times.
>>
>>7427563
He should have gone to jail IMO. Fucking racist piece of shit.
>>
>>7427563
Doesn't he hate durian? WHAT A FAGGOT!

No but seriously, I enjoy his shows. His overenthusiastic behaviour can be a little tiring, though.
>>
I've never seen someone enjoy food so much. I like him much better than "imma eat like a pig and record it" Joey
>>
>>7427563
consensus is he has the most punchable face on television
>>
>>7436815
That would be Guy Fieri
>>
File: h163-014.png (23 KB, 165x280) Image search: [Google]
h163-014.png
23 KB, 165x280
>>7429522
>>7429569

reading this gave me the uncontrollable urge to take a shit
>>
>>7429569
This is up there with durian on the list of smells that shouldn't exist
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.