[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fridge life of boiled eggs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: boiled eggs.jpg (14 KB, 406x305) Image search: [Google]
boiled eggs.jpg
14 KB, 406x305
How long does a boiled egg stay good for when refrigerated? Would it matter if it was hard/soft boiled?
>>
>>7426246
Practically forever, assuming you didn't poke holes in the shell and it stays in the fridge.

A month?
>>
>>7426246
My dad makes scotch eggs every winter

Provided they survive, at least a week
>>
>>7426257
this is about what I figured.

Thanks.
>>
Peeled and in water, hard boiled eggs can last five days
>>
>>7426253
> boil water
> drop in eggs
> it fuckin cracks
>>
>>7426373
start from cold water, place in your eggs, bring to a boil

turn off heat, cover - 6 minutes for soft boiled, 8-9 for medium, 11-?? for disgusting greyish pale yellow yolk that people seem to eat

this way, you don't break your eggs
>>
>>7426382

>enter egg toss
>catch egg
>it cracks
>>
File: eggswithhats.jpg (34 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
eggswithhats.jpg
34 KB, 340x270
>>7426389

>me too, Anon
>>
The Swiss health department found that hard boiled eggs stored at room temperature were safe to eat after 3 months, although sensory quality was reduced. They recommend storage up to 1 month. The FDA recommends storage up to 1 week in the refrigerator.

Furthermore, rinsing the egg under cold water to stop the cooking process reduces the safe storage time to 2 days because the thermal shock allows water and bacteria to enter through the shell.

I'm not sure if all of this applies equally to American eggs but I guess that any boiled egg would lose its protective shell coating in the cooking process anyway.
>>
>>7426373
cracks are 10+ minute eggs
you don't really gain anything from boiling them that long
>>
>>7426460
They crack as soon as they go in the water and looks like semen spilling out of the eggs floating in water. Memefood
>>
you guys seels to have troyble boiling eggs.

- get a pin
- heat water
- pierce eggs on the round side (you have an air bubble)
- gently put eggs in boiling water
- change temperature to have only a light boiling
- wait 9 min 40
- get eggs out of water, DO NOT RINSE except for immediate consumption

Perfect color, long storage, low crack rate.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.