[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought an immersion circulator, /ck/. What things should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Just bought an immersion circulator, /ck/.

What things should I cook in it?

I am going to do steak tonight, I'm looking for some interesting options, preferably with vegetables.
>>
>>7425506
here's a recipe for fruit
>step one: stick it up your ass, faggot
>>
>>7425532

at what temperature?

for how long?
>>
>>7425534
>temperature
>how long?
however long feels good bb
>>
Good move OP. I'm sure there will be faggots calling it a meme but you will love it.

Follow Kenji from The Food Lab and you can't go wrong. My suggestions are his ribs or if you want something simple to show how much of a change SV makes do chicken breast. Veggies try his corn recipe.
>>
>>7425506
>>7426151

Seconding the ribs. Salmon has come out great too. Haven't been too impressed with steak results.
>>
>>7426164
Me either roasts and shit benefit so much more. Shock it in ice bath and give it time to re-oxygenize outside the bag fr a few minutes before you sear. Also use fat steaks obviously.Supposedly keeps it way pinker.
>>
i rarely do vegetables in the sous vide cause i don't see a huge benefit over something like microwaving if you're just looking to cook them delicately, but there's a pretty consistent rule that they only start to soften above 83C, with a range between 85-95C that produces a particularly palatable range of results. obviously the higher the temperature the quicker it will cook, but of course the size/shape/type of vegetable will also affect this.

i found this broad list of vegetable temperatures and timings, with the temps on the lower side:

http://www.modernistcookingmadeeasy.com/sous-vide-times-temperatures/fruites-and-vegetables
>>
>>7425506
Soup.
>>
>>7425506
Baby carrots
Fresh sage
Butter
195F for about 45min til tender all the way through
>>
>>7425506
pulled pork
yogurt
>>
Make mayonnaise, it's so good fresh!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.