[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of the solution?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: No%20Solution%20Logo[1].jpg (156 KB, 750x496) Image search: [Google]
No%20Solution%20Logo[1].jpg
156 KB, 750x496
Is there a good way to remove the solution that's added to cheap meat? I can only afford cheap meat that is 10-20% solution added. Whenever I try to pan fry anything, it ends up just releasing all this water and boiling in it.
>>
>>7425288
It's injected, so unless you plan on grinding it and putting it in paper towel, no.
>>
>>7425288
Get your pan hotter
>>
>>7425311
this
also don't use a lid
>>
Cook steak at low temperature until it's near desired doneness, dry pan, then sear. This should remove the excess water before you sear. Poke a few holes in it while cooking at a low temperature if enough still doesn't come out.
>>
cover them in salt and leave them for half an hour to draw the moisture out
>>
I have a hard time believing that you truly can only afford that crap, where do you live? I can get pork chops for like $3 a piece and a bunch of chicken thighs for like $5
>>
>>7425386
You're wrong, and it's both with more of the latter than the former. Do you seriously think manufacturers don't use the metric of weight to determine a price when selling to retailers?
>>
>>7425390
It's injected with a saline mixture, that won't work.
>>
>>7425311
I already do that, it takes a little while for the water to actually get out and by that point it starts boiling the meat
>>
>>7425412
Like I said, it's injected with a saline flavoring solution making it more tender because it's full of brine.

The only solution is mitigating the symptoms of what is already fucked up meat. Probably the oven and then sear like one anon mentioned would be the only solution if you're not going to put it in a meat grinder and absorb some of the injection.
>>
>>7425391
I lift weights and need quite a bit of meat every week. Food costs will be different for me at 6'1, 240lb than a 140lb manlet. Yes I can shrink down and eat less if I wanted to buy better food. But that wasn't the question.
>>
>>7425416
That was the most unnecessary piece of stupid conjecture I've ever read.

Buy full chickens, break them down. Eggs, beans, lentils. Learn to cook. Reread the last sentence.
>>
File: 5eb[1].jpg (26 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
5eb[1].jpg
26 KB, 600x750
>>7425419
>That was the most unnecessary piece of stupid conjecture I've ever read.

The full chickens are injected with broth too. I already eat eggs. What do beans and lentils and learning how to cook have to do with broth solution added to meat?
>>
>>7425419
Looks like someone is sensitive about being a DYEL manlet
>>
>>7425426
By evolving from your manchild palate.
>>
>>7425429
What do beans and lentils and learning how to cook have to do with broth solution added to meat? Are you a woman that gets offended by the thought of a man being masculine?
>>
>>7425433
A change of diet from shit-tier protein to actual food.
>>
>>7425437
>beans
>lentils

>actual food

Meat is actual food, it just has broth in it. If this is just vegan propaganda, I don't know why you picked this thread for it. Maybe you should try Reddit instead. I've got my answer earlier in the thread.
>>
>>7425433
>Are you a woman that gets offended by the thought of a man being masculine?
I'm a guy and I regularly go to the gym too, but you're being really corny right now
>>
>>7425412

>i already get my pan hotter than i get my pan

does not compute
>>
>>7425288
cook in a pot with a rack in the bottom so the solution has space to drain out, or on a grill. Both of these will prevent the solution from smothering and boiling your meat.

I strongly suggest buying your own primals and chickens and breaking them down yourself though as opposed to brined/solution injected cuts, it's cheaper or equivocal in price.
>>
buy less but better meat. you consist of what you eat, don't save on food. buy shit-tier food and stuff yourself will make you look and feel like cheap food.
sinclairs jungle is an excelent book for getting an idea what is done with meat. may be better now - but I don't think so.
don't rant about your crappy dogfood if you are not ready to change your diet.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.