[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greek food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
will it ever make a comeback? or will it be forever doomed as just gyros?
>>
>>7425198
To be honest, it's mostly shit food.
Float on over to Italy for the real treats.
>>
>>7425198
"Greek" diner is synonymous with the cheapest shittiest ingredients that encompass all dishes for a low price at a sit-down restaurant.
>>
>>7425206
Yeah..im gunna have to disagree
>>
>>7425198
well, it sure isn't going to be rocket salad that'll lead the comeback...
>>
>>7425209
expect hes talking about Greek restaurants.
>>
>>7425219
Me too. Places like Athens, the Oddessy, etc. It's like they're stuck in a time warp where they make simple dishes that have the potential to be good, but use the bottom of the barrel Sysco ingredients.

Maybe you're thinking of a gyro shop.
>>
>>7425230
meh not. Most Greek places will serve a gyro. I do agree though. The dishes much like Italian restaurants are stuck in the 80's.
>>
Greek food wishes it was Lebanese
>>
Hyperbole; the forum
>>
>>7425243
Lebanese food wishes it was Turkish
>>
File: gyro.jpg (4 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
gyro.jpg
4 MB, 3648x2736
Who has a problem with a Gyro? Fucking communist.
>>
>>7425243
>>7425254
It's all the same shit desu
>>
>>7425198
Kinda hard when even the greeks are on borrowed time.

>>7425333
Probably had one of those extruded gyro meat trash you buy from the freezer section at the store.
>>
I see Greek cuisine everywhere nowadays. I've no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>7425198
>>7425198

Greek is very common in my city, I love it. I can't go a week without having a lamb or chicken souvlaki or some hearty moussaka with a glass of wine
>>
>>7425333
No one's got a problem with gyros, but it's all greek cooking is currently known for right now in the mainstream. It's like how no one's got an issue with pizza, but it'd suck if that's all italian cusine was known for.
>>
>>7425198
Spinach pie! おいしいですね!
>>
What do you mean make a comeback? Was there some point in history where Greek diaspora restaurants had a wide variety of traditional dishes but they've all degenerated to gyro stands?
>>
>>7425206
>>7425209
Dummies never had moussaka.

>>7425531
this nigga knows what's up
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.