[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make burgers I have 2 quarter pound burgers lettuce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1453926226345.jpg (19 KB, 322x280) Image search: [Google]
1453926226345.jpg
19 KB, 322x280
I want to make burgers

I have 2 quarter pound burgers
lettuce
raw onion
tomato
cheddar slices
ketchup

Should I put them under a grill, or shallow fry/oven? If shallow fry then oven, how long do I fry for, at low medium or high, and how long oven at wht temp?

I want to melt the cheese onto the burgers also, and will toast the inside of the buns

anyhting else you would suggest?
>>
>>7423411

Literally do none of the things you've just suggested. Sear the patties in a really hot pan with just a little bit of oil, couple minutes on each side. After you flip them put a slice of cheese on each patty. Stack one on top of the other and set aside. Then put the bun cut-side down in the residual beef fat and toast until it's golden-brown. Add lettuce, tomato, onion, and ketchup.
>>
>>7423423
2 min a side cooks them fully?
>>
>>7423423
the instructions say put under a medium grill for 16-18 minutes, turning regularly
>>
>>7423428

If they aren't frozen, then yeah.
>>
>>7423438
nah. not frozen, also, how should I do the onion? chopped or sliced?
>>
>>7423428
Ignore him. At least 4 minutes a side. I usually go 5 a side, but it depends how thick they are.
>>
>>7423441
they're about 2-3cm thick, but thinking of squashing them a bit since they aren't very wide
>>
YOU DO IT IN A PAN
COOK IT TILL IT LOOKS DONE TO YOU, TASTE IS SUBJECTIVE MOTHERFUCKER
TOAST THE BUNS CUT SIDE DOWN IN A PAN, YOU CAN USE BUTTER OR THE FAT FROM THE BURGERS. I LIKE USING BUTTER.
TO MELT THE CHEESE YOU JUST THROW IT ON THE PATTY LIKE 30 SECONDS BEFORE YOU TAKE IT OFF THE HEAT
ADD TOPPINGS MOTHERFUCKER, WHATEVER YOU LIKE. I SUGGEST HONEY MUSTARD, A BIT OF LETTUCE, AND SOME SLICED RED ONION. PICKLES TOO IF YOU'RE INTO THAT, I'M NOT YOUR MOM.
CONSUME
>>
>>7423443
3cm thick for 2 mins a side, you're looking at jack tier burgers

If you don't mind a bit of pink in the middle, then 4 mins a side on high heat. If you like them cooked through, 5-6 mins a side. I'd go 5 mins personally. I also don't like mine too fat (massive burgers are overrated), so I would squash them down a little bit myself. Add the cheese slices to the top of them at about 2 minutes left, it'll melt nicely. Then when they're done, take them out the pan, drain any excess oil, and toast the burgers on the pan until nice and crispy. As for onions, sliced is usually best. Chopped can be messy, and messy burgers are annoying.
>>
>>7423449
mmm, sounds good

>>7423455
>jack tier burgers
whut?

thanks
>>
>>7423467
Never seen the webm's here of Jack cutting into his burgers and them being completely raw throughout?

If learning to make nice burgers is something you'd like to do, it's worth learning how to stuff the cheese into them instead of throwing it on top too. Using a sharp knife, slice through the centre of the burger so you have 2 thin ones. Lay the cheese in, then put them back together and mold the edges back into each other. Then cook like normal.
>>
>>7423476
nah, I ususally frequent certain other boards

that sounds interesting, but will stick with standard this time
>>
>>7423476
Get out of here, buzzfeed.
>>
>>7423488
Mate I work out 6 fucking days a week. Watch it.
>>
>>7423490
Then get out of here, /fit/. I don't care where your shit taste comes from, I'd just like you to go back there please.
>>
>>7423518
>melted cheese stuffed burgers
>/fit/

Stay mad, you underaged meme.
>>
>>7423411
Smash them flat on foil in a broiler pan, and stick 'em under the broiler until done on both sides adding cheese at the end. Then assemble your shit on buttered bread with whatever toppings.
>>
>>7423547
I don't even know what a broiler is

Anywya, i made my burgers and 5 min per side wsa too long, too much crust

also I had too much oil in the pan when I taosted the bun so it went supersoggy

edible but will try a little less time next time

thanks for your help
>>
>>7423565
The broiler is the most underappreciated kitchen appliance. It's like an upside down grill in your oven, you probably have one, just turn your dial past it's max temp and it will probably say broil. Oil has to be just-smoking hot or breading gets soggy, goes for all fried food. You don't want it to actually be smoking though, or else it's burnt and will taste like shit.
>>
>>7423585
nah, no broiler on my oven
>>
>>7423597
Is your oven electric? It's pretty common to have no broiler on less expensive electric models.

Either way you don't want to be broiling your burgers, that guy's stupid. A broiler is great for lots of other things though.
>>
>>7423608
yeah, its electric
>>
>>7423608
Yeah, I am that guy, fuck you buddy. That's like saying grilling burgers is stupid, because it's literally just an upside down grill. Bet you never even broiled a burger in your life.
>>
>>7423476
>nice burgers

*juice lucies
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.