[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ABC WTF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
Did something happen with the 2014 pinot noir? I used to like this stuff but this bottle smells like it was poured over a new oak floor.
>>
>>7421808
Some vintages are just better than others
>>
Perhaps the wine was stored in newly made barrels? It's not rocket science ... also, a 2014 vintage might be far away from being consumed by now.
>>
>>7422839
>I age all my wines even the ones not intended for aging
Dropped your fedora little buddy
>>
>>7422843

Enjoy the shit out of your fresh pinot noir, flavored with wood chips just for le connaiseur you are, homo.
>>
>>7422847
I always drink this wine fresh. It's not a given that everyone has to make a varietal in the exact same way. You should do more drinking and less reading wine folly or wherever you got that nonsense.
>>
Pinot noir is for little girls
>>
>>7422873

> Projecting this hard

Wonder where you read what you are babbling about?
>>
File: anger_child.jpg (60 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
anger_child.jpg
60 KB, 600x399
>>7422927
>straw man
>slippery slope argument
>moving the goalposts
nyanya, my dad can beat up ur dad
>>
This short thread shows how insufferable winefags are. So sad.
>>
>>7422941
says the guy who argues for hours about whether IPA is a meme
>>
>>7422935

So how much did that tasty oak cost ya?
>>
>>7422960
$15
>>
>>7422962

Was it worth it? Seriously, are wood chips still allowed in the U.S.?
>>
>>7422970
it's only $15 so "worth it" isn't really in the equation. it's not the oakiest thing by california standards, but previous years have always been fresh and no detectable oak

many people use wood chips. america is basically a free for all, you can put literally whatever you want in the bottle and call it whatever you want.

in the case of ABC they use new oak barrels for some wines, but only for their more expensive ones. this one is a cheapie, it's always been a fresher style, hence why I am a little confused.
>>
>>7421808
>California
Californian wines are shit. Buy a French Pinot Noir.
>>
>>7422979

Ok. Was it something you ate that maybe influenced perception?

How was 2014 climate wise in that part of Cali?
>>
>>7422979
american wine tastes bad.. tell me something new.
>>
>>7422997
that's a fair question to ask. I had just finished a bottle of malagousia. I also was smelling star anise from some stock I had on the stove, I didn't think of it at the time but when I woke up this morning everything smelled like anise. so it could have been the anise fucking with my nose, or maybe the malagousia reprogrammed my palate.

I have no idea on the climate, I don't pay attention to or drink much california wine because, for the most part, I don't like it. ABC is pretty much the only california wine I drink, and only occasionally at that. like every 3-4 months.
>>
>>7423012

Well Anis can definitely screw with taste perception for a while. Spent plenty of time in southern France, where they were having Pastis sometimes for Aperitif, then serving wine for the meal courses. The Anis numbed everything and thoroughly.
>>
>>7423030
Star anise and the anise used in pastis are different species, but I understand what you're saying
>>
>>7423012
>I don't drink much california wine
where do you get your wine from? I hardly ever drink wine and am wondering who makes good wine.
>>
>>7423094

Chile, duh.
>>
>>7423098
just as bad as american, south african or australian wine. not even mentioning argentina.
>>
>>7423094
the store

but as far as geography goes: italy, france, portugal, spain, greece, germany. sometimes a little georgia or lebanon or some such thing. occasionally as in this example, the US. but usually new york state, not california.

>>7423098
0/10
>>
>>7423111
smack your tastebuds with a well aired amarone @ 22C.
german wine?
>>
>>7423120
>C
I only know freedom units, but 22C seems a little warm, no?
>>
>>7423102
>>7423111

Wait, /ck/ doesn't enjoy Chilean wine? Hell, the picked a Chilean wine for the Tour de France!
>>
why do people waste money buying poison? Is being drunk really that fun?
>>
>>7423133
that's just marketing, a lot of french companies are heavily invested in the chilean wine industry
>>
>>7423133
/ck/ only drinks the finest European wines- none of that plebeian new world shit.
>>
>>7423271
Other way around m7, if I was a millionaire I'd be drinking Corison all the time, but I'm a middle class peasant and on my budget old world wins on quality

Good quality wine from America is overpriced because Americans believe wine is for special occasions
>>
File: oh u.jpg (85 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
oh u.jpg
85 KB, 400x400
>>7423111
>the store
>>
>>7423127
>freedom units
>never had good wine
>>
>>7423482
Please reread the SI brochure
>>
>>7422957
IPA is a meme, there is no argument
>>
>>7423120
>german wine?
If you've never had German wine you've never had wine
>>
>>7421808
american wines are typically oaked to shit. If you want a non "oaky" pinot get one from the old world or one that is "unoaked". If you want crazy fruity flavour go with one from Oregon (careful) or New Zealand.
>>
>>7422981
>>7423011
b-but muh judgment of paris!
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.