[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A Keurig? Tuh! I only drink freshly-brewed, thank you"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: 51DfxE+G0FL._SL1000_.jpg (53 KB, 715x1000) Image search: [Google]
51DfxE+G0FL._SL1000_.jpg
53 KB, 715x1000
>A Keurig? Tuh! I only drink freshly-brewed, thank you"

Why do people need to be elitists and snobs about everything?
>>
Because freshly brewed coffee tastes better.
>>
So do you opt for the most convenient methods of doing everything in life? No one does so you're also an elitist snob in different areas.
>>
a pot of coffee is nice to have incase you want more than one cup.
>>
>>7421267
>unironically buying DRM coffee
>>
Keurig sounds fine for work offices, but you're fucking nuts to be using that shit at home. The cost of those dumb tabs are insanely expensive for what is meh coffee.
>>
Because Keurigs make shit coffee and they're not really that much more convenient. It's the illusion of convenience. I can understand their use in a work setting where you don't want jackasses spilling coffee grinds everywhere, but it's stupid and wasteful to use them at home.
>>
Well, in related news, I found out that EU legislation now means all coffee machines in the UK have to turn off their hot-plate function after 40 minutes. This is hell; I can't keep a pot of coffee going all morning now!
>>
I own one - bought it few months ago and haven't used the normal drip machine since.

As for the K Cups I get them in bulk at Costco - something like 80 k- cups for 40 dollars, there's not a lot of variety though, just 3 brands.

My dad is against the cups because of not being able to be recycled - I may sound like a snob but I don't really care,
>>
>>7421411
Wasteful industrial design will surely bring about the fall of western civilization more certainly than any moral degeneracy. If it helps you don't sound snobby, you just seem like an idiot.
>>
>>7421385
>leaving your coffee out to cook in to burnt shit
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>something like 80 k- cups for 40 dollars
>Cup of Coffee costs 50 cents for you, not including whatever you paid for the machine

That is such a fucking ripoff holy shit. I only spend like $14 a month on coffee from either Trader Joe's or Costco, I just grind it with the machines they have in front.
>>
That's pretty rude, OP.

An autist level of rudeness.

A normal person would simply refuse.
>>
>>7421411
>My dad is against the cups because of not being able to be recycled - I may sound like a snob but I don't really care,
You don't sound like a snob, you sound like an american/cunt
>>
>>7421267
Coffee is unhealthy, so when you take it you should ensure you're having the best experience possible.
>>
>>7421529
>which propaganda do I believe today?
>>
>>7421385
Fucking britcuck nanny state
>>
>>7421529
>Coffee is unhealthy
Are you a mormon or a moron?

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/coffee-new-health-food?page=1
>>
>>7421411
im with you

I also dont think the coffee tastes that bad
>>
File: kcup decon.jpg (142 KB, 1600x790) Image search: [Google]
kcup decon.jpg
142 KB, 1600x790
>have to peel off the tinfoil with a knife
>have to scrape out the filter with a knife, too
>have to scrape off the bits of filter and glue that didn't come up with the filter
>have to sort plastic and tinfoil for recycling and also compost the grounds

I thought these stupid shits were supposed to be convenient.
>>
>>7421548
Not this >>7421553 one.
>>
>>7421411
The guy who made it hated the fact that it's not recyclable and that every office building will have at least one per floor
>>
>>7421568
Pull up one fucking medical study that proves that Coffee is bad for you.

The most you'll find is "too much caffeine" which is debatable or "the cream and sugar is fattening" which is fucking obvious. There is no negatives with black coffee as long as you don't have a problem with caffeine.
>>
>>7421580
I agree with you but there is proof that it can fuck with dopamine and replace your natural reward system. However that's after having coffee all day every day for like a year, and a break will easily solve it.
>>
>>7421562
just throw it all in the garbage you cuck
>>
>>7421267
I own a shit ton of coffee equipment and get v particular about it at home. But I would never refuse a cup o coffee if I hadn't had one. you'd have to be a dick to frown on someone offering you free shit.
>>
>>7421733
>host: "would you like some fresh squeezed shit?"
>you: "sure!"
>host proceeds to pull down their pants and take a shit on a plate
>anon thinks to himself, "i can't complain, it's free!!!"
>>
Most of the time I just find myself using it for a quick cup of hot water to steep with.
>>
Honestly, you can get a better cup of coffee from a $15 drip coffeemaker.

It's not about snobbery at all.
>>
>>7422158
you don't even need the coffee maker, it's about using grounds that haven't been purposefully left to go completely stale just so they don't release CO2 and burst the k-cups during the shipping process.
>>
>>7421458
So $14/month and you drink what, a cup per day?
Fifty cents times 30 days... guess what, that's a whopping $15
I may hate those dumb machines, but I hate your bad math more.
>>
>>7421411
>My dad is against the cups because of not being able to be recycled - I may sound like a snob but I don't really care,
You've literally bought a machine that produces worse coffee and replaces organic compost with plastic waste. And the only reason is laziness and an ambivalence toward cleaning up after yourself.
Fucking pig disgusting
>>
the nespresso is a fancier keurig (it makes creme) you have to buy the pods from nespresso themselves unless you have one of their boutiques in your town.
>>
>>7421267
>Tuh!
what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>7422343
>replaces organic compost
i wash my grounds out in the sink
>>
>>7422393
it's onomatopoeia for the sound of smug self-satisfaction a coffee elitist snob makes when someone implicitly insults their superior taste in coffee.
>>
>>7421411
same

saves time and theres no cleanup to deal with
>>
People hate them because they're slow and expensive, you retarded nigger.
>>
My dad uses one because he's lazy, it's easy, and requires minimal cleaning. I use it when I go to visit him and it makes drinkable coffee, which is all the vast majority of coffee drinkers care about.
>>
>>7422594
It's spelled "tsk" faggot.

WA LA
>>
>>7421436
Mah nigga

From the very start I was cringing at how much waste they produced.

Read an article years later on how they are "using" these cups.
Throwing them in a furnace to make energy... That was their " green" initiative.
>>
File: 1436710186489.jpg (23 KB, 359x263) Image search: [Google]
1436710186489.jpg
23 KB, 359x263
>>7421267
I cant ever vouch for these machines for several reasons

>initial cost
>Down Loadable Coffee cost
>Nutrition, whether you like pressed/percolated/XXXXX coffee black or with cream, generally the keurig cups contain huge amounts of fat only to froth the cup
>ultimately you cant make your own blend with the machine

Ill always use a drip machine over this and it makes my family hate me.
>>
>>7423355
there's an attachment that lets you put your own coffee in and make your own "cups"

I got one for christmas or my birthday or something like 5 years ago and I'm still using it because why not.
>>
>>7422322
I drink a pot of coffee at least 5 days a week before going to work. Sometimes on the weekend if I'm in the mood for it.

1 pot = 3 cups.
>>
>>7423401
Jesus coffee is cheap in your area. Costs $16/lb where I am.
>>
I know this girl who has one of these. This is kind of a funny story. To me at least.

>Typical white girl
>Her boyfriend, her brother, her brother's girlfriend and I are all hanging around the white girl's apartment
>Decides she wants coffee because she's hungover
>Goes to Keurig, takes out a Starbucks brand pod and tries to make coffee
>Spends literally half an hour trying to get the machine to work
>Can't do it
>Makes her boyfriend, who's still drunk, drive her to the nearest Starbucks to buy her coffee
>In the time it takes them to do all this, I could have made a dozen pots of coffee with my stove-top percolator back home
>>
Besides making shit coffee, keurigs are unsanitary as fuck. If you're even bothering to clean the damn thing (most don't, we're talking about people too lazy to put coffee grounds into a filter and add water to a regular drip coffee maker here) it's nearly impossible to actually do it effectively. You're drinking mildew flavored shit coffee.
>>
File: keur.png (116 KB, 2149x549) Image search: [Google]
keur.png
116 KB, 2149x549
>>7421267
>>
>>7423408
I don't know what to tell you even Amazon sells Whole Bean Coffee for far less than what you're buying it for. You must drink real high end stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Joses-Whole-Coffee-Columbia-Supremo/dp/B004H2N44Q
>>
>>7423527
Canada ;_;
I'd have to pay $20 in shipping to get that shipped here. Amazon.ca doesn't sell food.
>>
>>7421411
>80 k- cups for 40 dollars

>a bag of coffee makes like 40 cups, if not more, and costs 4 dollars

I guess you like paying five times as much for stuff? And keurig coffee tastes like ass.

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>7423483
I have a similar story trying to get the dumb machine to work
>wake up at friend's house after a night of heavy drinking
>love me some coffee, especially when im hungover
>"hey man, is there any coffee available?"
>"yeah anon" points to Keurig
>"uhh, how the fuck does this work?"
>friend gives half assed lesson on how to work his snowflake coffee machine
>proceeds to leave me to figure out the rest while he takes a shower and has a dry-heaving fit cuz alcoholic
>after a few minutes I get the thing to work
>pour up a cup of delicious brew
>immediately spit out my first sip
>look in cup
>my luke-warm coffee is full of coffee grounds
>tfw no morning coffee with my hangover because special snowflake "convenience" coffee maker is harder to figure out than the regular less bs coffee makers
>>
>started grinding my own coffee recently
>shit tastes exactly the same
What's the point?
>>
>>7423604
That's funny. Yeah, I guess I just prefer simplicity myself. Something like that just isn't my thing. Plus it's unreasonably expensive.
>>
>creator regrets ever making the fucking things
>>
File: 1408409789267.jpg (131 KB, 1057x792) Image search: [Google]
1408409789267.jpg
131 KB, 1057x792
Fact: Coffee machine owners behave like children.
>>
>>7423604
What's it like being literally retarded?
>>
>>7421325
This is why I'm elitist about it.

A french press/moka pot/aeropress/good drip machine costs far less anyway.
>>
>>7423527
They sell joses at costco around here, that particular bag costs $14 for 3lbs.
>>
>>7421688
>a break will easily solve a dopamine problem
Alright I'm going to need a source before I believe this shit
>>
>>7423483
>percolator
Absolutely disgusting. This isn't the 1950s anymore.
>>
Got one of these things for Christmas. Hated it at first because I was fine with my chemex, but after I opened it up and cut the DRM wire and unlocked all the options it's been pretty useful.

The plastic taste was fucking obscene at first, though. Soaked everything that touched water in vinegar and ran it though a couple of times-- now it tastes fine.

Most of the K-cups are downright awful tasting. Some are pretty good, though. Shit's needlessly expensive and wasteful, but hard to beat the convenience of making a cup of coffee in less than a minute.
>>
>>7424313
Might as well have been where I was living at the time. No electricity mate.
>>
>>7424466
>They didn't have electricity in the 1950s
Not what I meant to imply, but whatever, you should get my point.
>>
>>7423382
Exactly. I've got a pair of refillable KCups that pop right into my Keurig.

>buy whole beans of whatever I want
>use grinder to make a couple days' worth of grounds, stored in airtight container
>turn on keurig, fill KCup with fresh grounds, single cup of good coffee in 90 seconds start to finish
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.