[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Keeps cold food cold >Keeps hot food hot But...how does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: not a dildo.jpg (49 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
not a dildo.jpg
49 KB, 1500x1500
>Keeps cold food cold
>Keeps hot food hot
But...how does it know?
>>
insulation works both ways you knob
>>
File: DLT.png (683 KB, 641x473) Image search: [Google]
DLT.png
683 KB, 641x473
THE COOL STAYS COOL
AND THE HOT..STAYS HOT!
>>
File: the2bburning2b2.jpg (64 KB, 546x307) Image search: [Google]
the2bburning2b2.jpg
64 KB, 546x307
>>7421244
it's weird, costanza was borderline alpha when he was young
>>
Magnets
>>
>>7421206
Horse shit.
>>
/ck/ is a very intelligent board
>>
>>7421206
It delays heat transfer, doesnt matter if its from the outside or the inside
>>
Can't tell if I'm being subtly memed on, or if this is a genuine question.
Inbetween the outer and inner walls is a near vaccum. This gap acts as an extremely efficient insulator. Because very few gas particles exist in this area heat transmission from wall to gas particle to wall occurs very slowly.
This works both ways, heat from the inner wall cannot transfer to the outer and vice versa.
The fragile vacuum that exists inberween the walls is why thermos' often stop working when you drop them.
>>
>>7421206
First: some quick chemistry

Particles of an object transfer energy by bumping into particles of another object. For example, when a glass of water is placed in 110 degree weather, the particles of the air will bump into the glass of water, transferring energy until the glass of water itself reached 110 degrees. Note that to transfer energy particles MUST bump into other particles.

Now take the Thermos:
The thermos may seem like a regular canister, however there is a small space between the outside and the area where liquid is stored. So it goes like:
outside ---> space -----> liquid storage.
However, this space is actually a vaccuum-sealed, meaning there's literally nothing in the space, not even air or any gas.

So does the Thermos make liquids stay hot/cold? Remember the quick chemistry lesson above, that particles transfer heat by bumping into other particles? Well, if there's is literally little to no particles in the vaccuum, that means the liquid has nothing to bump into. Without anything for the particles to transfer heat, the liquid will then stay hot.

It's the same for cold liquids too. When you place a thermos of cold water in 110 degree weather, the air particles will keep hitting the outside. However, even when the outside of the thermos is getting blazing hot, the particles have nothing to bump into to transfer energy. Therefore, this keeps your liquids nice and chilly.
>>
thermal empathy
>>
How is everybody falling for this?
>>
It doesn't, the thermostat doesn't care about your food
>>
>>7421747
>thermostat
Kek you know what I meant
>>
>>7421206
An on-board computer regulates the temp. First the optical/thermal sensors scan all incoming liquids, then that info is processed. And depending on the liquid temp or user designation either a heater or air conditioning unit is activated. So you pour in hot coffee it knows you want it hot. Just make sure you charge it too keep it working.
>>
>>7421791
That's the higher end ones.
The cheap ones use a cleverly designed coil. When it heats up it expands and creates contact with a terminal that starts the heating element. When it's cold it shrinks and congrats the terminal that engages the cooling system.
>>
File: k.png (449 KB, 491x492) Image search: [Google]
k.png
449 KB, 491x492
>>7421206
here in the south it's an act of god.
>>
>>7421960
Stop trying to push memes you pathetic sack of shit.
>>
>>7421985
why do you hate the south, anon
>>
>>7421985
here in the south i fucked your mother.
>>
>>7421997
I'm more Southern than you hick.
>>
>>7422001
>hick

here in the south no one actually uses that term.
>>
>>7422006
Here in the South you're still a hick, hickory jimbob.
>>
>>7422014
maybe in the south of london you fucking muslim.
>>
>>7422018
How about I go south on your mom, you chink immigrant.
>>
>>7422020
i said south not west you cuck
>>
>>7422024
The Chinese are everywhere. You didn't refute that you're Chinese.
>>
File: impressive.png (113 KB, 219x281) Image search: [Google]
impressive.png
113 KB, 219x281
>>7421960
>>7421985
>>7421997
>>7422000
>>7422001
>>7422006
>>7422014
>>7422018
>>7422020
>>7422024
That is some dedicated samefagging.
Here in the South, we call it..autism
>>
>>7422030
maybe in canada. but not in the south.
>>
>>7422031
I'm not samefagging. I'm drunk and seeing how far I can go before I get banned.
>>
>>7422037
I see. In that case, Godspeed, shitposter. Godspeed.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.