[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think about stevia-based sweeteners? Is it a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: stevia-boxes.jpg (46 KB, 504x228) Image search: [Google]
stevia-boxes.jpg
46 KB, 504x228
What does /ck/ think about stevia-based sweeteners? Is it a good alternative to sugar for those watching their sugar intake?
>>
>>7420676
Don't bother. They all taste like shit and leave a terrible chemical after taste in your mouth.
>>
>>7420676
I haven't been able to get my hands on pure stevia until now. I bought like 5 different bottles and all were 95% some other sweeteners like erythritol mixed with stevia. One kind really just tasted like that common mixture of cyclamate and saccharin so I can't even say I ever tasted stevia.
If stevia really tastes like that I don't like it.
I recognized its taste in that new coca cola life version or whatever it's called and didn't like it.

Have you ever tried stevia so far?
>>
>>7420676
Stevia actually gives me a very bad sense of depersonalization. I have to sleep or I wont know what Im doing after having it, its really weird 2bh
>>
>>7420676
I've researched online and come to agree that the healthiest/most natural Stevia you can buy is SweetLeaf brand if you can't grind up stevia leaves or make it yourself.

It's actually sweeter than sugar, so you can use less if you want. I like it and doesn't contain aspartame or any of the other chemicals found in zero calorie sweeteners.
>>
>>7420853
>equating healthy with natural
>using the word chemicals
Please die
>>
>>7420730
Sounds like good shit. I miss not being able to buy pure DXM powder on ebay.
>>
>>7421199
>using the word chemicals

are there not chemicals in artificial sweeteners?

4chan and its reactionism...
>>
>>7421205
Literally everything is a chemical.
>>
>>7420706
stevia tastes bitter to some people and sweet to others
>>
Truvia brand sweeteners offer the best of both worlds. A non-calorie sweetening solution that still bakes and tastes like sugar. Look for it on your local grocer's shelves!
>>
Xylitol is the only sugar substitute that doesn't like absolute shit, and it still gives you the shits.

Just stick with sugar, fatty. eat less and move more.
>>
>>7421788
But what if you're diabetic?
>>
File: 1453252348683.gif (1 MB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1453252348683.gif
1 MB, 650x650
I've tried splenda and stevia raw, also a sugar free maple syrup (probably some alcohol), and a couple cereals with sucralose.

They taste fine to me, I don't get all the complaining about weird "aftertaste".
>>
>terrible after taste much like artifical sweeteners
>for a few people it causes temporary side effects like a headache

it's shit
>>
>>7421842
Maybe it is.

Maybe you guys are picky wimps.

Who's to say.
>>
Stevia is the worst-tasting artificial sweetener.
>>
>>7421804
Then die and be less fat in your next life.
>>
>>7421804
You kill yourself.
>>
just got to get used to the taste but it's definitely not artificial. and at least you do a good thing for your health to reduce your intake of GM sugarbeet or any white sugar which promotes bad health and various problems. sugar is bad, by the age of 8, the average yank has had as much sugar than a person had during their whole life 100 years ago.
>>
>>7422787
>reduce your intake of GM
gm boogeyman

>sugar is bad, by the age of 8, the average yank has had as much sugar than a person had during their whole life 100 years ago.
>some people consume too much sugar so that means it's all bad

seems like you just want sugar to be 100% evil because you're now eating stevia
>>
File: 1339815001242.jpg (25 KB, 417x362) Image search: [Google]
1339815001242.jpg
25 KB, 417x362
>>7421199
>>7421758
Sorry anon, but it's true. Just cause everything is a chemical doesn't change the fact Stevia has the less harmful ones in it, and is actually better for you than sugar and non-calorie sweeteners. And like I said, you can just buy stevia leaves or grow your own stevia plants and can either grind them up or extract them in liquid form if you don't trust store bought brands.

Of course if you don't care about calorie intake, then honey and raw sugar are the best.
>>
>>7421835
>They taste fine to me, I don't get all the complaining about weird "aftertaste".
Me either, but then again my whole family loves sweet potato pie and I can't stand it. I guess it all comes down to subjective perception.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.