[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of all places, my local chain supermarket has these somewhat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 37981.jpg (91 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
37981.jpg
91 KB, 960x960
Of all places, my local chain supermarket has these somewhat rare, exotic fruits called a lemon plum. They're an Israeli hybrid invention that only grown in Chile and only started showing up in overseas markets the past few years. Let's see what they taste like...
>>
Oh no, they killed OP.
RIP.
>>
>>7419746
Don't eat it. Put it in the garbage.
>>
>>7419746
bretty gud. very mild plum taste with a fair amount of citrus.

also /pol/ go -->
>>
I ate two of these yesterday and they absolutely do not have any citrus flavor whatsoever. Also neither of those are ripe.
>>
>>7419808
i ate the one on the right, what color do i wait for when ripe? and i definitely tasted the tangy portion of citrus. not exactly a lemon or lime, but it's in the same vicinity
>>
>>7419758
Yes, yes. I bet the fruit is a side-product of their ongoing plan to produce the future Swede - half surströmming, half kebab, all halal.

b2/pol/k
>>
File: 1449529010791.gif (3 MB, 283x204) Image search: [Google]
1449529010791.gif
3 MB, 283x204
>>7419757
Puddit in the oven
>>
File: ackees.jpg (3 MB, 2253x2162) Image search: [Google]
ackees.jpg
3 MB, 2253x2162
Was shopping online and saw these on sale at my Tesco. Never seen anything like them before.

Has anyone here had any experience with "ackees?"
>>
>>7420115
They're used in Jamaica and other parts of the caribbean, usually as ackee and saltfish. I don't care much for it personally, but they seem to love it down there. It's the national dish of Jamaica.
>>
>>7420115
It's banned in dumbfuckistan because children ruin everything
>>
>>7420139
No it isn't. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>7420115
>Has anyone here had any experience with "ackees?"

Only small muscluar male teenagers
>>
>>7420191
Weird that new jersey (op here) and minnesota would be the two spots where these obscure chilean imports would come to.
>>
i'll give the janitor here some credit for cleaning up the polshit that was around. nicely done
>inb4 fedoratip
>>
>>7419820
deep orange color

and they pretty much taste exactly like regular plums, don't know what the big deal is. the name must come from the shape and its color before ripeness
>>
>>7422240
>and they pretty much taste exactly like regular plums
disagree. the one i had was very mild on the plum taste and definitely had a citrusy/light bitter taste.

shit, i don't even like plums all that much, thats why i was happy with these, as they don't taste like a regular plum at all. maybe when they're not fully ripe is when you notice the distinct difference
>>
File: Lemon_ripe_cluster.jpg (17 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
Lemon_ripe_cluster.jpg
17 KB, 555x555
>>7419746
>>7419796
You think they taste like citrus because they were unripe and sour and because of their name.
They should have a strong perfumed scent and taste like a sweet plum.
<-- This is what they look like when ripe.
>>
>>7420115
It's soft and has a mild flavour
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.