[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people who don't use copper pretend to appreciate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: cu.jpg (412 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
cu.jpg
412 KB, 1600x1067
why do people who don't use copper pretend to appreciate cooking?

if you think about it even for a moment, a person cannot be considered as even having a hobby of cooking, unless they make some effort at having the necessary cooking tools.
>>
not everyone can afford proper copper clad pots
>>
File: vomiting.gif (499 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
vomiting.gif
499 KB, 500x300
>>7419733
>copper clad
literally why
>>
>>7419738

Copper is poisonous. It's always part of a multi-metal design. Even the classic shit like mauviel will have a different metal coating the interior. In the old days that was tin. Alas the tin coating doesn't last very long so you have to periodically send your pans out to be re-tinned. Most modern ones have a stainless layer inside.
>>
Now this is some real hipster shit.
>>
>>7419745
tin lining is not the same as copper clad, poorfag

please find a different thread to post in, you're clearly not able to contribute anything constructive
>>
>>7419748
You are a fuckin loser.
>>
Cast iron is better than copper though, because it's the original nonstick

There's a reason your grandma used cast iron and not copper
>>
Copper is a meme, steel and aluminium pans are as conductive as you need. Copper pans are nice but far from necessary
>>
File: eco_jesus.jpg (31 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
eco_jesus.jpg
31 KB, 700x393
>>7420440
Don't listen to this liar and his lies, he'll tell you ethically raised meat is also unnecessary, or food made of real ingredients, or clothing made of wool and cotton and leather, rather than polyester and nylon and rayon, or that we shouldn't be using bicycles made of steel, but instead uncomfortable aluminum and exploding chinese crabbon. He'll tell you everyone should live in a food desert where a death cage is necessary to obtain sustenance. He'll tell you wine should be full of adjuncts instead of being made of grapes and wild yeasts. He'll teach you that gas stoves are bad and we should use a microwave. Television is a good substitute for books. And so on.

The fact is, mass-acceptance of inferior things is our wakeup call. The world can't sustain everyone. Everyone who volunteered to have stupid useless shit, instead of having nicer shit, has basically declared that they are unfit for the successful propagation of the species. They should be shipped to an island and a thermonuclear weapon dropped on that island as per the teachings of Lord Pentti.

Long live copper. Aluminum is for the weak.
>>
File: il_570xN.754486386_2kjz.jpg (45 KB, 570x431) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.754486386_2kjz.jpg
45 KB, 570x431
>not even solid silver
are you poor or something op?
>>
Op is either a troll or shill

Don't feed him
>>
>>7420490
>$5,220.00
seems reasonable
>>
>>7420519
only $2500 on etsy
>>
>>7420540
For the small one, sure
>>
>>7420486
>/ck/fa/n

all in one tripfag. haha what a faggot
>>
>>7420486
>ethically raised meat is also unnecessary
But it isn't necessary. As long as its grass fed, my steak will taste the same if the cow lived a life of misery or if it lived in a fucking Disney movie and had several blonde maidens caressing it daily
>>
>copper
>letting poisonous metal fragments get into your food
>not using cast iron cookware
Pleb
>>
>>7420641
this is patently and demonstrably wrong
>>
>>7420641
>citation needed
>>
>>7420647

>pleb

>copper cookware - $1000 minimum
>cast iron - $20 bucks at Walmart
>>
>>7420641
Only because you're a shit cook and one lump of charcoal is little different from another.
>>
>>7420078
another one falls for the meme
>>
File: 1455210203633.jpg (24 KB, 640x620) Image search: [Google]
1455210203633.jpg
24 KB, 640x620
>>7420486
>>
>>7420690
>the more it costs the better it is!
>>
File: PAYMENT.jpg (50 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
PAYMENT.jpg
50 KB, 500x322
>>7420836
>the less I can afford it, the more of a placebo it is!
>>
File: restaurant-kitchen.jpg (44 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
restaurant-kitchen.jpg
44 KB, 853x480
>>7420836

>strawman

u called it 'pleb'

clearly, pleb would be associated with the el cheapo pig iron "MUH GRANDMA" pan, not the pan used in actual top tier restaurants in France. That would be associated with the word 'Patrician,' you unwashed child.
>>
>>7420851
why would anyone care what filthy frogs use for cooking, everyone know that whites have never actually contributed anything worth while to the culinary world
>>
because I'm in college and I'm not a fucking poof who needs to pretend like they are better than everyone else by buying expensive cooking implements.
>>
>>7421223

I love white-posting/flyover-posting but ur post is a literal meme

t. non-white person
>>
>>7419722
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>7420851

https://www.youtube.com/user/wbpstarscom/search?query=france

All clad > carbon steel > non-stick >>>>> fucking tin covered copper. Outside of France non-stick might compete with carbon steel, but all clad still wins.

It's like rust-fast knives, chefs in western kitchens generally don't want to deal with that shit.

Oh, and they use plastic chopping boards too.
>>
>>7421265
stop confusing the olive garden for "the west", microwave jocky
>>
>>7421290

Almost all Michelin star restaurants on that channel kid, just take a look.

They almost never use meme pans, they almost never use meme knives and they often use color coded plastic chopping boards.
>>
>>7420486
>ethically raised meat
how can you ethically raise meat?
huur I'm nice to you before i slice your fucking throat
>>
File: 1424275304607.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1424275304607.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
>>7419722
>>
>>7423078
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hT2hiB_IZg
checkmate atheists
>>
>>7423097
My thoughts exactly.
>>
File: li-hejun2.png (809 KB, 904x563) Image search: [Google]
li-hejun2.png
809 KB, 904x563
>>7419748
>Mario Nguyen came to my door offering me premium elite ultra matter copper clad™ pots for the low low price of $300 a piece, a discount of 99% off
>let me tell /ck/ how awesome I am now
>>
>>7423097
yes.. food doesn't need to be tortured
>>
>>7423119
carnists believe it does

this is what happens when you allow toddlers to browse the internet. they read maddox and they think it's serious, and they incorporate his teachings into their attitudes about ethics.
>>
>>7423106
wow! copper and cast iron? who would have ever imagined?
>>
>>7423122
you know vegetables grow in the blood and bones of your animal friends? it's in everyone's best interest to treat them well
>>
>>7423119
food can't be tortured as it's already dead and prepared.

>>7423122
love that lefty tangent about things no one mentioned at all. waiting for you to say we are literally Hitler.

why are you even here if you are so timid and incapable of arguing your point without creating childish strawmen?
>>
>>7423128
fuck off hitler

also who is "we", is there now an official carnist organization that issues membership cards? where can I join, I would like to obtain one and carry it ironically
>>7423125
I'm not the one advocating for the wholesale torture of animals because maddox told me it makes them taste better, this is edgy pre-teen logic.
>>
>>7423134
it's incredibly ironic you call anyone edgy when
>acting like a whiny brat
>wants to ironically wear a "carnist" badge
>continuously makes references to Maddox, a man who hasn't been relevant to anyone on the internet since 06
>actually thinks every meat eater belongs to a carnist organisation
>actually thinks Maddox is the leader of this organisation

austistic tumbletard detected.
or are you actually Maddox trying to become relevant again?
>>
>>7423134
also if you weren't so blinded by autism nowhere did that guy advocate torturing animals.
take the cactus out your fanny you fucking spastic.
>>
>>7423150
you were too young to remember it, but your parents let you read maddox as a child. this is why you turned out this way
>>7423152
it's typical of you carnists to confuse your own violent, sadistic beliefs with "omnivorous" living. this could not be further from the truth. there is nothing in the definition of "omnivore" that says the animals have to be kept in a cage smaller than their own body and literally kicked around by low-IQ farm hands before being zapped with a stun gun so they will stand up and therefore be legally allowed to be sold as food even though no reasonable person would eat that meat.

please stop trying to speak on behalf of omnivores, carnist
>>
>>7423168
>PETA level regurgitate
>still obsessed with Maddox
>insists everyone is dumber than you when you miserably demonstrate otherwise with your buzzwords and tumblr arguments

I keep chickens and will humanely slaughter one thinking of you. :^)
>>
>>7423177
you seem to have gotten a little confused there, no doubt because carnist shills have tricked you into believing that people who eat any meat at all are a persecuted minority. and that carnists have something in common with true omivnores. in reality nothing could be further from the truth.

more people should keep their own animals. that's not the same as the carnist logic you were defending earlier.
>>
>>7423184
you need to learn to read then and probably get some fresh air as the crazy fumes are emanating from you like cat piss.
nothing of what you said is what actually happened in reality and is apparently a part of your amazing autistic head canon.
>>
you into believing that people who eat any meat at all are a persecuted minority.
>you aren't the persecuted minority
>I am!
>carnist shit lord
Woooooooh lad
>the melodrama
>the self righteousness
>the Vegan rhetoric supported by logic fallacy
Sperg more millennial.
>or a troll. Either way your post gave me a good kek
>>
>>7423244
Are you having a stroke? Call 9-1-1
>>
>>7423123

The frying pans were all carbon steel, not cast iron.
>>
>>7423097
Ethically raised? Either you hunt it, and whatever your eating had a natural life, or it comes off a family farm and will cost you can entire 2 week paycheck for one hog.
>>
Copper is a shit metal for cooking.
Yeah, it's a good conductor, but it's still shit.
>>
>>7423272
Is that unreasonable? Who eats that much meat anyway?
>>
>>7423272
I don't know where you live
But here there are Mennonites everywhere, many of which are selling free range chickens. When you look at/ eat them, it's very clear they did some walking around.
Free range beef and pork you would likely have to look harder for, especially in the states
>>
>>7423284
so much this.
factory animals are fatty and bland anyway
you can taste the torture
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.