[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cooking confessionals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 11767407.jpg (45 KB, 600x551) Image search: [Google]
11767407.jpg
45 KB, 600x551
Got any shameful confessions to make?

>Mom always just ate oats dry and raw or ate them like cereal with milk, uncooked
>did this myself for years thinking that was oatmeal without looking it up.
>>
>>7419305
I used to do that, just because it was easy and nutritious, but I eventually realized it was the cause of my terrible flatulence.

I still think it's tasty, but it's not worth all the farts.
>>
>>7419305
it is literally oatmeal though
oatmeal boiled with water or milk is more of an oat porridge
>>
>>7419305
I once added a bit of brown sugar to my nephew's baby food and my sister freaked out so I told her it was cinnamon and she knew I was lying but couldn't prove it. She wouldn't feed him it and made me make it again.
>>
I'm glad you brought this up OP. It is so fantastically important to regularly conduct peer reviews of everything you do, just to make sure you are "doing it correctly".

Now you have all these versatile ways of eating Oatmeal that most people would never think of AND you have the traditional way too. Shame on you.
>>
>>7419310
Lmao
>>
I like to eat cereal without milk and, on the rare occasions I have it with milk like a normal person, I drink the milk.
Shamefur, I know.
>>
>>7419305
I eat raw oats with milk every single day. I don't even like them cooked. The only issue is that you have to be careful measuring it out because it's pretty easy to eat like two cups worth without realizing (dry oats look pretty insubstantial) and that's really quite a lot of calories.
>>
>>7419310
How much were you eating? I eat a cup with some skim milk every morning and never have any issues.
>>
I was finishing my last shift at the first place I worked at as part of a work experience thing for culinary school and I'd just made myself a grilled chicken foccacia sandwich and I dropped it on the floor.
I ate it anyway, because I knew I wouldn't have a chance to make another and hadn't eaten since the day before.

Found out a few months later that the owner was considering giving me a job until she saw that happen.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.