[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone grown/growing their own mushrooms here? Will they stay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Anyone grown/growing their own mushrooms here?

Will they stay alive indefinitely if I keep giving them new substrate? Or will they die after I harvest them a few times?
>>
>>7419196
This is relevant to my interests. My grandparents used to grow mushrooms in our basement, but I never saw those, I was too little. I found a place where I could buy oyster mushroom bags really cheap and I want to give it a go. Waiting for someone with experience.
>>
Mine slowed up a lot on the 3rd run and then fuck all
>>
File: aaa6.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
aaa6.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>7419284
Did you change or add to the substrate at all, or just let it keep going?

Mine took way too long to get to this stage, but I think it's just because I used a shitty medium and added way too much water.
>>
Interesting. Could one buy shrom "seeds" and get high?
>>
>>7419327
If they were the spores of the appropriate mushroom, obviously they could.
>>
>>7419327
Mushrooms don't have seeds, but yes. The question is why the hell you would want to.
>>
>>7419309
Just picked and let them do their thing again
>>
>>7419339
In order to get high on said shrooms? Besides, i like all growing things. Are the micelii of shrooms legal outside the netherlands?
>>
>>7419355
You said the "seeds", not the shrooms. Are you trolling or just retarded?
>>
>>7419379
Wat. Can i legally buy them or not?
>>
>>7419382
I mean the spores not the shroom itself
>>
All the mushroom growing kits are for kinds I've never tried. I'm not an overly picky eater, but I also don't ant to waste money on an already overpriced kit to get mushrooms I don't love.

I've looked up guides to grow mushrooms, but substrates always vary from guide to guide (even for the same mushrooms) and supposedly some are more difficult than others...

Anyone do it? What kind? How long before you got your first fruiting body?
>>
>>7419440
Buy spawn rather than kits

Or spawn your own from local trees or grocery produce.

I use oyster mushrooms and buttons because I'm cheap and lazy. Oysters take about 7 days, buttons a while longer.
>>
>>7419440
and for substrate I use junk mail, cardboard, paper and coffee grounds. Sometimes teabags.
>>
I want to grow some magic mushrooms. I have 12 quart mason jars. How do I easy into mushroom growing?
>>
>>7419474
Can I just use straight cardboard? How do you do it? Process the carboard?
>>
>>7419538
Depends on the spore, oysters will grow on pretty much anything with cellulose

I tear up any big shit and stick it in a bag with mycelium and some holes, and wait 7-10 days keeping it humid
>>
>>7419558
Someone who is not me is trying to grow some psylocybin That is the spore. I have all this cardboard that I was going to compost. can storeboard mushrooms colonize carboard? Would it be good to try to try first using like button mushrooms or whatever?
>>
>>7419474
>for substrate I use junk mail
>junk mail

And I suppose your "inbox" looks something like this...
>>
File: Mailbox_post_3.jpg (100 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Mailbox_post_3.jpg
100 KB, 640x480
>>7419574
>>7419474
>>
>>7419327
>>7419355
>>7419382
>>7419392
>>7419534
>>7419538
>>7419565

You might legally be clinically retarded, you should get checked.
>>
>>7419565
Ask 420chan. They're all stoners and fairly knowledgeable on it.
>>
>>7419565
>Someone who is not me
lmao

>so I have this friend and he likes this girl
>>
>>7419586
Only the last three are the same person, me.

>>7419598
It's a common thing on drug forums to say swim or a friend of a friend because reasons.

>>7419594
Yeah I'll do that.
>>
>Will they stay alive indefinitely if I keep giving them new substrate? Or will they die after I harvest them a few times?

No, the substrate is the same as any organism and suffers from senescence.

Imagine humans grew new legs and bodies if you cut them in half, you could make thousands of clones but they would never get younger, eventually you would have a bunch of useless old people.

Keep a jar of fully colonized substrate in the fridge and use it as a master to seed bulk volumes of substrate.
>>
You can sometimes get multiple harvests if your substrate has enough nutrients to enable fruiting. The techniques differ depending on what your growing, but essentially it involves stressing the mycelium in order to get them to fruit again. I've had success producing up to four harvests from a single batch using this method. Each time though the harvest gets smaller and smaller. Also if your planning to make your own spore syringes, take the spores from the first flush. IIRC theres tendency for mutation in later flushes and the spores won't be as strong.
>>
>>7419196
>Will they stay alive indefinitely if I keep giving them new substrate?

Yes.

> Or will they die after I harvest them a few times?

No. So long as they get something new to grow on you can make as many kits as you want forever. Hope you don't get black mold on them.

I prefer using logs. They are more long term for waiting until the first flush, but they last a long long time when compared to kit-type substrates.

>>7419284
3 flushes is usually the most you can get out of the substrate. After that it tapers off sharply. This will depends on the type of substrate and the type of fungi.
>>
>>7419700
Kill yourself you are an embarrassment to humanity
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.