[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys have your pancakes/waffles? I just eat mine plain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: Blueberry_pancakes_(1).jpg (168 KB, 1280x861) Image search: [Google]
Blueberry_pancakes_(1).jpg
168 KB, 1280x861
How do you guys have your pancakes/waffles? I just eat mine plain with syrup, but I feel like I'm missing out.

Also is it worth it to make them from scratch (rather than bisquick)?
All I can add to the discussion is not to cheap out on syrup, an extra few bucks really goes a long way on the taste
>>
Usually butter and maple syrup.

Sometimes I'll make a sauce out of some blueberries or strawberries and use that when I have the ingredients and can be bothered to do it.
>>
>i have my pancakes plain with syrup!!!
Isn't that like saying "I have my coffee black with milk!!!" or something?

Also, I make American pancakes from time to time. 1 egg. Half cup of flour. Drizzle of oil or melted butter. A bit of sugar. Mix it, but not too much. Then add a splash of vinegar and mix it, but not too much. Finally, add a bit of bicarb and mix it, but not too much, then cook.
>>
>>7418665
Also milk. Forgot the milk. Besides the egg, flour etc, there's also a splash of milk.
>>
i just use some shitty pancake mix and after that sneak into ol bessie's garden to steal a few blackberries. add a pat of butter and voila a tasty breakfast
>>
>>7418594
>take pancake
>roll around sausage
>dip in mixture of maple syrup and hot sauce
>>
I use bisquick, people love my pancakes.

I always make one pancake with sliced bananas in the center and it is fantastic
>>
>>7418594
spread some peanut butter on them sumbitches before you add the syrup
>>
>>7418678
just a splash, but not too much?
>>
I don't know about you guys but I love yeast waffles. They have such great depth of flavor to them that quick batter waffles just don't have.

I like mine with fruit and maple syrup. Sometimes meme it up with nutella.
>>
One time I went over to my friends house and she made a Aunt Jemimah premixed batter pancake with a fried egg and ketchup and syrup. Granted she did a bunch of MDA the night before but she is basically white trash so she would have done that completely sober. It really was shit.

I just go with strawberries and syrup usually
>>
>>7418594
>Also is it worth it to make them from scratch (rather than bisquick)?
Pancakes are literally just flour, milk, eggs and salt.
And everything is better if you make it yourself.
>>
Apples in a pan with just a tad bit of butter.
Then add the maple syrup and let it cook down a bit until they are sticky.
Delicious over pancakes.
>>
>>7418594
1C flour 1C milk and 1 egg. Baking powder and a spoonful of cooking oil. Literally the easiest recipe ever.
>>
>>7418594
just butter or sometimes with berry jam
>>
>>7418838
>>7418838
I thought I was the only one.
Whenever I tell someone I enjoy this, they think I'm nuts.
>>
>>7418594
>cinnamon and sugar
>cloudberry jam & whipped cream
>>
>>7418594
Lemon juice and a light sprinkle of sugar.
>>
File: IMG_20160227_123354.jpg (4 MB, 3120x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160227_123354.jpg
4 MB, 3120x3120
With cherry jam
>>
>>7418849
No! That would fuck everything up. Don't add a splash but not too much! Are you a mad man? You add just enough and no more. Amateur.

>seriously, i don't measure when i make anything but bread so apologies for the rough guides v hyper specific down to the µg, 'tism-friendly measurements you may need in order to stand a chance in the kitchen
>>
Ideas for savory pancakes?
>>
>>7419563
Blend a few up while they're still warm and pipe them straight into your asshole.
>>
>>7419058
cloudberries tend to be overrated IMO and the ones I have tasted have been collected by family members and prepared by them, nothing store bought, its alright but I honestly don't get the fascination
>>
>>7418665
Vinegar? Why use that for pancakes?
>>
>>7419689

The vinegar reacts with the bicarb (aka baking soda) to create CO2 gas which "inflates" the pancakes.

There's other ways to do the same thing: using baking powder instead of baking soda + acid (baking powder already contains the acid). Or use a different acid with the baking soda, like subbing buttermilk for the normal milk in the recipe.
>>
>>7419563
I make savoury cornmeal pancakes and serve them with Southern sausage gravy instead of biscuits, topping the lot with a bull's eye egg.
I also make onion pancakes served with tomato-based curry gravy.
>>
Butter and Pancake syrup.
I add extra egg though so it has a more eggy texture which I love.
>>
>>7419728
Ohhh, ok. Interesting, thank you for explaining that anon. About how much vinegar do you typically use? Don't want my pancakes tasting sour, you know.
>>
>>7419802
I posted >>7418665
Maybe a half to full tablespoon or so. I don't measure, sorry.
I recently found that adding the bicarb just before cooking the batter leads to much, much fluffier pancakes, which is why I do it the way I do.

I'll try to guess measurements for you:

flour, half cup
salt, a pinch
sugar, 2tbsp
egg, 1 large
oil, half to full tbsp
milk, 3-4 tbsp
vinegar, half to full tbsp
bicarb, half tsp or so
cooking fat, as needed

Heat up the pan.
Whisk flour, sugar and salt together.
Add all the other ingredients except bicarb, not mixing so much that it goes completely smooth (a few lumps are okay).
When pan is hot enough, stir in the bicarb then oil the pan and ladle the batter on.
Cook, flip, cook, plate, butter, syrup, eat. I usually make them into mini pancakes to dip in a butter/syrup mix. Don't cheap out on syrup. I'm a cheap motherfucker myself but I do not cheap out on maple syrup. Ever.
>>
Hamburger & onions
>>
With sour cream
>>
>>7419620
Everyone have their own taste preferences. Nothing right or wrong, and no need to make it more complicated than that.
>>
none of you bros have yoghurt on your pancakes? it's great. some nice raspberry greek yoghurt or something, nice thick layer on there
>>
>>7418998
Nice blog post, trash
>>
>>7419837
Thanks for all of that anon, will save.

I completely agree in terms of syrup. The disgusting liquid corn that passes for pancake syrup in the USA is the fucking worst. Real maple syrup just tastes so much better, and you don't need that much.

As a side note I love having some peanut butter on the side with my pancakes
>>
Everything made with Bisquick tastes like Bisquick.

I like this stuff that's named after the hotel from Twin Peaks. I don't know if it's distributed nationally or just a local thing, but it tastes more like scratch and still supports my massive laziness.

Maple syrup with apricot jam is the taste sensation all the movers and shakers are talking about.
>>
>>7418665
>finally, add a bit of bicarb

aren't you suppose to sift that with the flour first? I mean, won't that just give you lumps of baking soda here and there?
>>
>>7420269
Can confirm I can get this in a small town in western Washington. Pancakes taste great.
>>
>>7418665
way too much mixing

>combine all dry and wet ingredients seperately
>slowly combine
>stop stirring after 10 stirs
>>
>>7420276

The eponymous hotel is in a small town in western Washington. I'm just not sure it's distributed outside that landmark's realm of influence. It's on Amazon, though.
>>
>>7418594
those look like blackcurrants not blueberries
you got scammed OP
>>
>>7420271
see >>7419837

>>7420286
Your mother wears combat boots.

>>7420208
Welcome.
>>
speaking of pancakes, there's this diner nearby that does these amazing thick pancakes that are really fluffy
I've tried making pancakes from scratch before but they always come out chewy and don't have the same fluffy texture in the middle. how do i achieve this?
>>
>>7418838
I have a friend who swears by this, but I've nevver tried it.
>>
>>7420450
More eggs maybe?
>>
>>7418594
>Also is it worth it to make them from scratch (rather than bisquick)?

Of course it is. Make buttermilk pancakes. Use real maple syrup.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.