[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fry eggs like this? I.e. cooked gently on both sides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 400x400
How do I fry eggs like this? I.e. cooked gently on both sides but the yolk is still soft... also round and compact. I've only had it in cafes.

I need the exact style/shape/material/surfacing of the pan/equipment and the exact type of utensil and technique to not burst the egg.

Are the cast iron pan with individual egg holes any good?
>>
>>7418563
Use an egg ring, cook on a lower heat, flip it carefully.
>>
>>7418580
I don't have a cock ring
>>
>>7418563
Use teflon. My suggestion is to buy a nice, new teflon pan, and use it only for eggs. MAYBE pancakes. Hide that shit under your bed. Lock it to a post or something. Nobody uses that pan except for, for ANYTHING except eggs.
Use a silicone spatula. Not plastic, SILICONE.
>>
>>7418586
LOL COCK

nice 1
>>
It just takes a lot of practice. The eggs will tell you when they need to be flipped and when they are bruning etc, they are a very vocal ingredient :P

I personally don't bother with rings. They are kinda neat, but I hate the look of eggs like that. McDonalds tier presentation imo. They are just a novelty. Browns in there can be alright though.

Your eggs will look super nice, with time. Its just like making an omelette, if you have been down that road. It is kind of one of those things where you its hard for you to explain or tell just what you aren't doing right. And then eventually you get results....and you still can't explain or tell what you are doing correctly XD
>>
That egg is fucking poached
>>
>>7418563
Poaching it is a good start
>>
>>7418820
>>7418823
I've never seen a poached egg with edges that thin like on the left side.
>>
>>7418820
>>7418823
that is not a fucking poached egg you literal retards
why are you even on this board
>>
>>7418820
>>7418823
>>7418825
>>7418845
>he wanted to fry an egg, but the one in the image is... on a MUFFIN!
>you know where i've heard of those? eggs bennedict!
>haha retard, that egg is poched! fried eggs can't look small or come on muffins, never mind those slight burn marks on the top.
>>
just fry an egg and cover the pan with a pot lid
>>
>>7418878
I love steamed eggs
>>
>>7418563
OP, you need to fry this egg in water. Google poaching you stupid bastard.
>>
>>7418896
see
>>7418825
>>7418845
>>7418852
Eat your words and leave this board you clueless cunt.
>>
>>7418563
you just fry it a bit on one side and then flip it
this isn't rocket science
>>
>>7418915
It's poached you duckhead, see
>>7418911
>>
>all these retards trying to say it's poached just because it's in something resembling a benedict

It's clearly fried over-easy. Just look at the color and texture.
>>
>>7419020
What is wrong with you? Don't fucking misquote me. It isn't poached and all those posts I quoted explained as much.
>>
>>7419027
There's no excuse, and very little resemblance to eggs benedict. There is tomato, no ham and no hollandaise, and yet people are claiming it's poached just because it's on an English muffin.

This board just kills me more and more.
>>
>>7419034

Most people here can't fry an egg without burning the shit out of it, so...
>>
>>7418852

> burn marks

that's pepper
>>
>>7418563
Teflon pan, little oil, medium low heat. When it sets (a couple of minutes), flip it and wait another minute or two.
>>
>>7418563
It's probably microwaved.
That's why there's no crispy bits.
>>
Dimpled texture looks like fried
>>
>>7419559
What baby?
The eggs unfertilized, mane.
>>
>>7418563

How can you not know how to cook an egg like that? You just FLIP IT gently, that's all these is to it you fucking retard. You don't need anything special. This is the way I've always done my eggs, ever since I was 7, and I didn't need anyone to help me with it.

Jesus fucking christ you're bad at cooking if you have to ask advice on how to flip a fucking egg.
>>
>>7419042
i meant the scaly texture, poor choice of words.
>>
>>7418563
What the fuck?

FLIP CAREFULLY. Thats it. God damn.
>>
>>7418563
You use fresh eggs, which you crack into a moderately hot pan which has had butter melted in it. You tilt pan slightly and spoon over the butter with a spoon, then you flip with a spatula and cook gently on the other side. Hey presto perfectly cooked gentle cooked fried butter egg.
>>
Obviously semi-poached and then fried
>>
It's a fucking fried egg over easy

This thread is full of people arguing how to cook it, claiming it's poached etc.

I literally can't think of anything easier to cook. You should've learned how to do this in the 4th grade. Seriously I don;t understand what's going on in this thread. is it memes?
>>
>>7418563
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1wjhJaAC4Y
>>
>>7418563
Can confirm these are not poached, as poached eggs would not have a skirt. They could have been coddled then quick fried for the skirt/browning, but why?
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread?

Honestly OP all you need is fresh eggs, because the yolk is a lot firmer. Cook over medium heat and flip after like 1 minute. Its easy
>>
>>7420292

Terrible advice.
>>
>>7420225
This is actually quite helpful... but what they haven't talked about is the type of pan. I'm assuming that it has to be pretty small with rounded sides to keep the shape of the egg, with a quality thick base for even temperature and, if Teflon, a pretty new pan.
>>
>>7420225

Literally the least possible charismatic youtube person puts out a no nonsense video on how to properly fry eggs.

You'd think it's common sense, but it's crazy how people both overestimate and underestimate the skills involved in cooking.

(It's not difficult at all if you learn how to do it, but people who think they're smart and talented freak out over it.)
>>
>>7420225
Good video.

Thanks for the post, anon.
>>
The most difficult thing is getting the temp right. I find it much easier to achieve with butter instead of oil.

If you cracked the egg and it turns white instantly or you hear a good sizZle, you failed. Try again next time.
>>
File: 1453092906729.jpg (59 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1453092906729.jpg
59 KB, 960x960
>>7418755
>The eggs will tell you when they need to be flipped
>>
>>7418563
Use oil and low heat, and don't use a cast iron or Teflon pan. Use aluminium instead.
>>
>>7421660
Butter browns. Oil is more suitable for OP's pic.
>>
>>7418878
this one

it fries the bottom and steams the top so that the yolk cooks without flipping
>>
>>7421858
You're supposed to crack in the egg before it browns. Also, adding a tablespoon of olive oil to your butter helps it to not burn.
>>
>>7418563
All of these answers so far are completely wrong!

You have a pan with a good amount of hot oil and start to fry the egg as normal, then with a spatula you 'sweep' (or toss) excess oil over the egg as it is cooking, there is no need to flip it, the hot oil will seal the top of the egg.

I am a Brit and it's a fairly common way to do it.
>>
>>7422965

That's clearly not how the egg in OP's picture was cooked, though.
>>
>>7422978
It achieves the same result.

But looking closer, I can see no evidence of oil on the egg, so I am going to say that OP's egg was shallow poached using the same method.
>>
>>7418592
This plus cooking spray.

Over easy if what you're aiming for. Crazy the egg directly into the pan, flip and cook for 20 seconds or less on the other side.
>>
>>7423143
I'm sorry I'm new here and English isn't my first language.
How does one crazy an egg into a pan?
>>
>>7423186

You begin by being a dumb mobile poster.
>>
>>7423220

What are you even talking about?
>>
Just flip them over in the pan and you get similar results
>>
>>7423238

He's implying that the other guy got fucked over by his phone's autocorrector
>>
light cook bottom, flip, cover, turn heat off. take egg from pan in 40-60 second
>>
>>7423291
>40-60 second
That's way too long. 20-30 seconds tops.
>>
the only way to properly cook an egg is to fry it until the yolk is solid then cut it into quarters, after you cut it into quarters you season each quarter individually with different seasoning combinations

an egg is not something to be enjoyed, it's a tool through which one betters their seasoning ability and is the only recognized way in becoming a spicemaster
>>
>>7423238
That guy meant to type crack but he fucked up and his phone corrected it to crazy
>>
>>7423296
yes i instantly regretted pressing 'post'. ive never used a timer on my eggs and just now estimated 40-60, but after posting i counted 40 seconds and thought 'nope that yolk is hard'
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.