[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I present you with the 1000+ year long standing grand champion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: memeIngredient.jpg (34 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
memeIngredient.jpg
34 KB, 400x250
I present you with the 1000+ year long standing grand champion of meme cooking ingredients:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

how has this shit tier oil made it so far in fine dining and haute cuisine....it's literally shit
>>
It's good if you like to drown your shit in oil since it has a low fat content.
>>
>>7418278
>it's literally shit
no its not
>>
Sorry OP but it's delicious

Enjoy your flavorless canola, fagstar
>>
>>7418284
>basically pure fat
>low fat
I think what you were trying to say it's filled with HEALTHIER fats compared to lard, butter etc.
>>
>>7418278
LOW temp or room temp, or GTFO
>>
File: 1390168768788.png (61 KB, 528x495) Image search: [Google]
1390168768788.png
61 KB, 528x495
>>7418309
>haute
>>
>>7418293

i hate canola, but it's not the flavor. i guess it's more of a textual thing. it just feels "thick" when it coats your tongue and mouth.

olive oil is silky smooth, light, and refreshing. canola has this cloying greasiness. it just coats your tongue and mouth and never goes away.
>>
>>7418319
Why are you replying to me like you're OP
>>
is there any way to tell if its fake?
>>
Don't mind me, just the best all around oil on the market
>>
>>7418319
I for one hate the taste of canola oil, it can taste kind of fishy (even when fresh). I switched to peanut oil and I must say it is superior.
>>
>>7418401
Are you just saying peanut oil or specifically Planter's brand? If the latter, is there any particular reason you prefer it over other brands?
>>
>>7418502
I'm saying just peanut oil in general. However, I find planters to be very light on the flavour side (also light in colour). I also think it has a very neutral flavour. Other peanut oils I've seen in the store are a little bit darker in colour, so that makes me think they may have a slightly more pea-nutty taste.
>>
File: Jeanne-Calment-1.jpg (44 KB, 668x376) Image search: [Google]
Jeanne-Calment-1.jpg
44 KB, 668x376
Jeanne Calment (lived to the age of 122) swore by it. Ate olive oil with every single meal and even rubbed it on her skin. At the age of over a hundred she once said she'd only ever had one wrinkle and she was sitting on it.

She also drank, smoked for most of her life and regularly ate chocolate, while living a moderately active lifestyle.
>>
File: image_532.jpg (44 KB, 400x548) Image search: [Google]
image_532.jpg
44 KB, 400x548
>2016
>not using duck fat
>>
>>7418596
Waterfowl disgust me
>>
>>7418611
Good luck with your pleb pallet
>>
File: pallets.jpg (77 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
pallets.jpg
77 KB, 500x319
>>7418645
>>
>>7418572
Imagine how old she could have become if she didn't drink and smoke.
>>
>>7418663
Those look like nice pallets. Stored according to OSHA regulations as well.
>>
>Olive oil
>Meme
>Shit-tier

Flyover, plz go.
>>
>>7418739
Dude nowhere is olive oil more revered than in flyover suburbia. People use it whenever they're trying to be fancy
>>
>>7418753
Doubtful. Flyovers use lots of butter and lard and when using oil, everyone knows flyovers stick with whatever is cheapest, as a rule. This typically means canola oil by the gallon.
>>
>>7418767
Flyover here, we can't even find lard in most grocery stores, you have to go to a butcher to get it.

People use shortening instead of lard.
>>
I use it as a seasoning, but I don't get people frying and cooking every piece of meat possible in it. For example steal seared with some olive oil. The taste is way too overpowering and kinda ruins the steak for me.
>>
>>7418278
I just use regular when cooking with aromatics.
>>
>literally shit
>>
>>7418949
That's because olive oil doesn't get hot enough to sear a steak without burning. The flavor of burnt olive oil is horrible.
>>
>>7418663
I luuuuuurrrve virgin pallet oil.

Even second shipment pallet oil is pretty fucking great for cooking eggs.
>>
File: 1455353677029.jpg (33 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1455353677029.jpg
33 KB, 600x476
>>7419019
>Even second shipment pallet oil is pretty fucking great for cooking eggs.
>oil is pretty fucking great for cooking eggs
Not even going to ask what kind of new meme this is.
>>
>>7418663
/k/ here, those pallets are easily the most widely available source of cheap hardwood, the burning embers of which can be buried to create activated charcoal, a vital component of charcoal water filters.

Remember this life-saving information when western civilisation goes full Mad Max (I give it 5 more years) and clean drinking water is the most valuable commodity.
>>
>>7418395
If america then afaic anything but California olive ranch is fake.
>>
>>7418666
maybe less time. Because of stress.
>>
>>7419022
Stops it from sticking you bellend.
>>
>>7418572
>At the age of over a hundred she once said she'd only ever had one wrinkle and she was sitting on it.
She may have been alive, but her eyesight was totally fucked.
>>
What's the best oil for preventing sticking when frying meat and vegetables on medium heat?
>>
File: Pokemon Pallet.png (6 KB, 384x320) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Pallet.png
6 KB, 384x320
>>7418645
It's twinned with Flavortown
>>
>>7418278
well nutrician-wise is has HDLs
its a high calorie fat, but its not saturated fat. it gives you plenty of fuel to burn.
it has mono-acids which helps in testosterone production.
Oil has vitamin absorbing properties so, olive oil becomes an attractive substitute to cooking vegetables and boiling in water.
it has a distinct flavor that is complimentary to many other Mediterranean foods
>>
>>7419195
> frying
> on medium heat
there's your problem. up the heat and stop being such a fucking pussy
if it's a stainess pan, clean it OBSESSIVELY but never use a scouring agent
if it's cast iron, never clean it, just wipe it down after use
if it's anything else, you dun goofed
>>
>>7419195
>>7419296
Just to elaborate, most caked on stuff in a stainless pan can easily be cleaned off after fifteen minutes soaking in vinegar. This is a bad idea for cast iron because of rusting.
>>
>>7419113
butter, rendered fat, or gtfo
fucking plebs
>>
>>7419304
just to elaborate further, the "caked stuff" is called a fond (if it's not burnt to shit that is) and is easily dissolved in a bit of wine, forming the tasty basis of many a pan sauce
>>
>>7418278
Wanna know how I can tell you're an American that drowns everything in butter and has never even tasted actual olive oil?
>>
>>7418572
Oh boy, anecdotal evidence with a sample size of 1. Very convinced, well done.

Why not say smoking made her live so long?

Why not say that drinking made her live so long?

Same amount/quality of evidence as the oil.
>>
>>7418278
Good olive oil is pleasant to drink straight. Can't say that for any other cooking oil I know of.
>>
>>7421105
>drink straight
you do this how often?
>>
>>7418278

The shit sold in the US can barely even be called olive oil. It's fake bullshit.
>>
>>7421121
Idk about that guy but I've fine to Olive oil tastings before
>>
>>7421245
Not unless you live in cali
>>
>>7418767
Heh, you're trying too hard
>>
>>7421121
Not very often, but how else do you tell the difference between different olive oils? It's common practice in olive-growing regions of Europe.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.