[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm going to open this bottle of "Met" beer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (820 KB, 1935x2229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
820 KB, 1935x2229
So I'm going to open this bottle of "Met" beer which I got as a present.

Have any of you tried it?

I don't know a lot about beer but from lurking in the generals I get a nagging suspision that I'm about to put some dank meme inside me.
>>
>>7417938
That would be mead, yes?

Prepare for something likely more sweet than you bargained for.
>>
>>7417959
I don't think so. Google reveals it's some old belgian style
>>
>>7417967
Deutsch: Das Original aus dem Wikingerland um Haithabu.
English: The original mead from the land of vikings at Hedeby.

Also, notice the honeycomb pattern on the bottle.

Mead is made from honey.
>>
>>7417938
Bottle looks pretty cool, but I have a suspicion it might be tough to get through the whole thing. Let us know how it is.
>>
>>7417959
Too late, I just tried it.

It looks like apple juice, smells like cider and tastes like literal syrup.

Did vikings and medievals really drink this by the bottles like the text claims? I can't even imagine using it for anything other than baking.
>>
>>7417978
Oh weird. I got a bunch of shit about Belgians and a couple American companies make "met" beer. I thought mead was more of a wine?
>>
>>7417981
>>7417989

Continued drinking a bit more.
It's definiteley closer to beer than wine. Essentially it tastes like watered down honey followed by an aftertaste of beer and liquor. The 11% and liquor taste is actually the nicest thing about it.

Also I expected it to produce foam or have some bubbles which it doesn't and was kinda disappointing.
>>
>>7418036
Is the alcohol content overpowering?

Also nice time get
>>
>>7418044
No not at all. It actually counters the extreme sweetness a bit.

Drinking a lot of it is actually hard to stomach though! I only had a small glass and feel like I drank a liquid pie. I don't know if this would be considered a culinary faux pas but mixing it with regular beer at a 1/3 or 1/4 ratio might turn out better, will try that next time

Checking your dubs friendo
>>
>>7418036
>watered down honey
That's because it's mead you dip
>>
>>7417981
Probably did. Similar to beer, in that time period mead was likely much lower ABV generally
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.