[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you're eating with a fork or spoon that isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: 1456263933966.jpg (63 KB, 1000x660) Image search: [Google]
1456263933966.jpg
63 KB, 1000x660
When you're eating with a fork or spoon that isn't one you've eaten off and nobody else, how do you get past the fact that someone else has put that same piece of metal in their mouth?
In a restaurant, someone else has used that fork. How do you deal with that?
You don't know who it was or anything. I know it is washed, but still! It was in their mouth.
If you go to someones house to eat, say it's a family. You have to deal with the fact that every person in that family has eaten off that very fork at one time or another. Ugh!
That's why when I go out to eat or someones house I always bring my own fork and spoon and knife, I just use my pocket knife for that but metal spoons and forks work for spoons and forks.
>>
>posting b8 threads on a slow board

I pity you people and your lives
>>
>virgin detected
>>
>>7416896
>>7416897
Well, I have 2 bites already ;)
>>
>>7416897
>>7416896
Not bait, it's really gross to think about.
It's like using someone elses toothbrush even though you've "cleaned it". You wouldn't do that now would you?
>>
>>7416901
i have, who cares? better than having dirty teeth
>>
>>7416904
Good god, man, no it is not better.
Put toothopaste on your finger or take a sheet of paper and roll it up or chew on a stick until it's frayed, and use that, that's what my pappy told me to do back in the day.
Never would we use someone elses mouth stick, though. fucking gross.
I don't know why people, like houses, don't have their own fork and spoon. You have your own cup at home right? just yours, and nobody can use it, so why not spoon and fork?
You ever seen those images of them up close.
full of holes and shit for nasties to get into
it's hard to believe but they look flat and smooth but they actually aren't.
>>
>>7416893
I never think about shit like that because we have developed the technology to wash utensils, plates and glasses, which renders such concern irrelevant.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
/thread
>>
>>7416928
only it is not clean it is full of gross
you know it looks clean but if i licked a spoon off would you say it is now clean, hm?
only if you use some industrial hospital style stream cleaning thing will it be clean but who has the time or hotcakes for that? nobodies does
>>
>>7416946
as i of said this is for hospitals
you cannot into using it in your kitchen
so why not just habve your own utensils and plates, cups, bowls for everyone?
You can even put your name on it with those handy dandy lable makers
my family has one and I make everyone lable everything...fucking EVERYTHING of theirs
if something is not lable then i treat it as foreign invader so I throw it out, should have lable it
your pic related would get thrown out, since it is not lable, unless your sons name is Ecolab, then it is fine
>>
>>7416955

>this is for hospitals

And also happens to be found in the dish room of every restaurant.
>>
>>7416893

How do you deal with the fact that some of the air that you're breathing was just exhaled by someone else? And that it contains small amounts of body odors, flatulence gases, and so on?

What about water? The fact that it was once someone or something's urine?

What about vegetables? They grow in dirt, which contains all sorts of rotten and dead things?
>>
How are you so grossed out by clean dishes but perfectly okay with pemmican?

(nothing against pemmican, but it is nasty)
>>
>>7416973
thanks
i just had to go sit under my blanket and breath eeeee eeeee eeeee eeee rocking back and forth to calm down, fuck you

>>7416991
ew i am not. it is only food related pic I have since all the other real food pics remind me that it is either rotten by now or is made into poop by someone, so all I can think of is poop when I see food pics here.
>>
>>7416893
I don't mind. Cleaning is enough and besides I'd kiss pretty much anyone.
>>
Just think, is it at all a reasonable concern to have? I mean, no, not at all. It has been washed, you spaz. Is it a concern as far as infectious agents go? No. Its been washed in hot water with soap. Its one of the cleanest things youre putting close to your face all day. Unless youre wearing gloves all day when youre touching door knobs and even your own keyboard then youre putting way grosser stuff in your face all day in the form of your own gross fecal bacteria covered sausage fingers. And even that is not something to reasonably be concerned about because fecal bacteria is literally everywhere and you have an immune system. The idea that metal utensils that have been washed in hot water and soap arent clean enough is crazy paranoia.

Is cooties a thing? No, thats not a reasonable concern to have with forks or spoon either. I mean if you want to be upset about that then you should be having some long ass worrisome days when you consider that even the water in prepackaged drinks has previously been pissed out by who knows how many creatures before it was processed this time, no doubt has filtered through literal animal waste before reaching the water table dozens of times before in its water cycle. And every plant matter youve ever consumed was grown in dirt that literally recently used to be shit. There are bug parts in your prepackaged cereal. There are millions of mites living on your face right now.

You just need to stop being a spaz and live your life. These industrially cleaned spoons and forks are fine.
>>
>>7417002

Okay you just have a mental disorder. You should see a professional.
>>
>>7416920
>You have your own cup at home right? just yours, and nobody can use it
No, I don't. Stop being autistic. I'll drink out of a dirty trough if I have to.
>>
>>7417009
but what about those poeple that don't use the hot water and soapo
my sister uses the cold water with a lil soap
so does my parents
they are just spreading germs around
and yes cooties are a thing are you fucking idiot? how do you think when someone has sex with nasty girl they get bumps and warts and white ooze? ugh, so gross to say about
these are the cooties you have learned as a kid but you grew up and got horny and then forgot about it applelntly
cripes how can you not remember abiout the cooties??
>>
>>7416947
I consider utensils cleaned with hot water and soap are clean enough for me. Don't forget, we have something called an immune system that will keep us generally safe as long as we observe basic hygiene.
>>
>>7417049
I need the advanced hygeine if you understand
we need boil utensils at the least and utmost steam them until just below melting then let cool, then let them sit in fire and then clean the black fire paint off
otherwise or maybe we just could melt them down and recast them into new forks
that would be clean right
they can never be clean unless you only eat from them
like in a restrunt then you know nasty fat people have eaten off them how do you know they don't have cooties of the mouth?
ugh i can't believe i could get that from someone eating at my local place for pancakes or eggs
>>
>>7417025

I would still not give a fuck about the cold washed stuff because im not autistic and a visual inspection would be good enough for me. However you could just not eat at the homes of idiots who dont use hot water. But no cooties arent a thing, bacteria and viruses are. A wash under water with soap or in fact simply just not being hot and moist long enough are good enough to kill most of those and nearly anything poses a greater risk to you than clean utensils.

I would use a utensil fresh out of the mouth of almost everyone I know desu provided they werent ill because its just not a reasonable concern.
>>
>>7417059
I do not understand. It seems like you have a fear of something that's greatly exaggerated when compared to the reality of the situation. A Freudian would call that a phobia, and try to trace it back to some particularly traumatic event in your young life. I'm not a particularly big fan of the talking cure, but maybe in your case it could prove useful.
>>
File: 1456373755847.jpg (130 KB, 720x828) Image search: [Google]
1456373755847.jpg
130 KB, 720x828
>>7416893
>Hello autism my old friend

How can you breathe the same air that other people have OP? Its literally been inside of them! Gross!

And also water? You're literally drinking what other people have peed out! Eww!
>>
>>7417059
All pathogenic GI bacteria are killed instantly at 75° C, which is steaming hot water as is commonly used to clean dishes. Temperatures above 75° C are only necessary in cooking to destroy certain toxins (i.e. lectins in legumes). So from a safety and hygiene perspective, manually cleaned utensils are pasteurized and safe.
>>
>>7416946

>/threading your own post
>>
>>7416893
This is actually a huge concern for my people where I'm from.
That is why we don't use utensils and mostly use our hands or bread. This is a much cleaner practice than utensils and everyone is very healthy and clean!
>>
>>7416893
If this is a serious thread, you actually have a problem and need to get help.

1. All the atoms you're made of and have ever seen were combined in a star
2. Dinosaurs shat out those atoms at one point
3. The fact that "it was in someone else's mouth" is only a problem in your mind. It's arbitrary. Worrying about it is neither healthy nor sane. It's been in worse places.

I live with three roommates and we all share silverware and plates and mugs and shit. It's not a problem, because everything in sanitized before someone else uses it. There's no rational reason to dislike it. Your soul won't be tainted because you used a fork someone else uses.

Of course, this is 4chan so this thread was probably made by a 17 year old who thinks investing time in a fake thread on a korean fingernail macrame imageboard is a good decision.
>>
abandon thread, OP is crazy
>>
>>7416893
>When you're drinking some water that is from a brand new unopened bottle, how do you get past the fact that that very water has probably passed through the urethra of hundreds of animals and possibly even people?

I mean the same molecules! Yuck!
>>
>>7416893

Are you autistic? Who gives a fuck, they're washed.
>>
This does gross me out a little to think about when I eat out, but never enough to bother me.
>>
Y'know restaurants wash their damn dishes right
With a commercial grade dishwasher

That shit's cleaner than any utensil you've ever used at home.
>>
File: 1445644635878.jpg (29 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1445644635878.jpg
29 KB, 604x453
There are countless colonies of bacteria crawling on your skin and inside you, eating pieces of you and shitting them out. 30% of your poop consists of their dead bodies; you're literally a walking sack of protein and liquids filled with tiny corpses and their poop.

Yet here you are worrying about touching a fork someone else used.
>>
>>7416893
When at a restaurant, I always smuggle my cutlery into the toilet after my meal and piss on it. Sometimes I go into the cubicle and wipe it on my asshole. I often do the same things with my coins at home before I go out and spend them. Just so you know.

I recommend other people try it, too. Doing secret little things like this without anybody knowing gives you a strange sense of power.
>>
File: ron jeremy loses weight.jpg (10 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
ron jeremy loses weight.jpg
10 KB, 250x222
>>7419180
You fail at life so any bit of power over others gets you rock hard. It's call a mental disorder go get checked.
>>
>>7419214
>Coping with reality is a mental disorder
>>
>>7419217
wat how is doing that copeing?.
>>
>>7419249
Finding an innocent outlet in an uncaring world. The alternative is absolute subservience, but most people need a lobotomy for that.
>>
>>7416901
Sure I would.
>>
>>7419180
tell me more about how your parents didnt acknowledge you as a child, or were you just left to fend for yourself?
>>
File: ck.png (84 KB, 894x182) Image search: [Google]
ck.png
84 KB, 894x182
>>7419180
you're going down in ck mental disorder history for this post
>>
>>7419302
Why?
That's as normal as spitting or cumming in peoples food.
I don't do it but I do shit in the shower so I can mush it through the grate and check my digestive system... kind of like how us guys sniff our scrotum sweat - it indicates any potential problems.
>>
File: Lord Humungus.jpg (22 KB, 478x253) Image search: [Google]
Lord Humungus.jpg
22 KB, 478x253
>>7419307
get help please don't you see the things you do are sick and can harm others?
>>
>>7416893

I don't understand why this is a big deal. You wouldn't refuse to make out with someone just because they had made out with someone else another time, right?
>>
>>7419343
How the fuck can smelling my balls and shitting in the shower harm anyone?
You're living a sheltered life.
>>
>>7419343
But I thought restaurants used commercial grade washers before providing dinnerware to new customers???
>>
>>7416901
if it was actually clean, then why would it matter?

the water you are drinking have been someones piss at some point, do you think about that?

or what about the fact that you have dropped your fork on the floor at some point, according to you cleaning it won't help

why do you think that some kinds of germs last forever?
>>
>>7416920
I just take a random clean glass and drink from
>>
>>7419214
>>7419290
>>7419302
I didn't want to believe /ck is full of idiots, but there it is
>>
Thanks for the image, OP. That'll make for a great prop. I think I'll buy some pemmican and package it just like that, and serve it during a game of jolly antarctic mountain exploration.
>>
>>7416893

>for men and doges
>>
>>7417091
that's severe ocd, not autism
fuck off
>>
>>7420350
>its not brain damage, its brain damage
ok
>>
>>7416920
>you have your own cup at home, right?
No. My little brother tried to pull that bullshit once, and I quickly put a stop to it.
Why do you think we wash our dishes after using them? For fun?
>>
>>7416893
That's not a big deal for me, I wouldn't be eating with AIDS ridden whackjobs in the first place so that's that. The peave I have is when chicks wearing lipstick leave that on my silverware or a glass that they drink from. Blech! If I see that on something that's returned to me, I wont touch it again. That's usually like aunts, my mother, and grandmothers. Chicks I go out with don't wear huge amounts of lipstick since they're hot without it.
>>
The hottest chicks are really the ones that are naturals and don't need makeup.
>>
>>7421169
That's none of them over the age of 20, virgin.
>>
>>7416893
because i dont have mental health issues
>>
>>7416893
>for men and doges
>>
>>7419400
Don't ever trust the Mexicans in the kitchen

Ever.

Nasty little fucks
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.