[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is in the green part of these things that make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 2in1 sponge.jpg (275 KB, 888x417) Image search: [Google]
2in1 sponge.jpg
275 KB, 888x417
What the hell is in the green part of these things that make them scratch the shit out of everything they touch?

t. upset man who has scratches all over his newish Shun 8 inch after using a scotchbrite pad once
>>
Why would you ever even let a sponge near your kitchen? Do you not know how to maintain and wash rags? For anything you need abrasives for, there's steel wool.
>>
Why are you letting your knives sit around long enough for food to dry on them, to the point where you need to use anything more abrasive than your hand to wash them?

It's your own fault.
>>
>>7415220
Yeah but these things really get the crud off.
>>
you need to treat them for what they are. Durable fabric sandpaper. I'm sure you could google exactly what they are.

For future reference, keep a kitchen rag handy for any time you cut something, immediately wipe after. If you're going to spend money on a knife, take the time to take care of it.
>>
File: Garlic Bags-Pot Scrubbers.jpg (756 KB, 1024x2224) Image search: [Google]
Garlic Bags-Pot Scrubbers.jpg
756 KB, 1024x2224
>>7415211
>>7415220
Get some garlic bags. Not those flimsy plastic ones, get the tough thicker plastic ones. They last for ever and are super easy to rinse out because food doesn't stick in them like all the other scouring/scrubbing pads. These here are 3-4 years old and are used 1 to 10 times a day. The only damage they have on them are from removing the sewed on paper thing from the store. If you need some extra scouring power, just make a paste of water and baking soda and use it with these. Even fucking days old baked on shitty canola oil will come off with this plus baking soda and not harm the finish on anything.

I went through $50 in pot scrubbers and a pile of plastic orange bags before finding these. I'm going to put them in the will for my kids.
>>
>>7415211
that's what you get for buying an overpriced meme weaboo knife
>>
>>7415281
This or a chain-mail sheet if you have that lying around.
>>
>>7415211
Those things suck.
Get some Speedex and Brillo's and your sorted. With those you can clean up pretty much anything. Not everything but just about everything.
>>
>>7415211
It's steel wool but plastic ya dingus.

You use it for scrubbing off baked-on bullshit on your 20 year old grimy baking sheets.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 630x420
>>7415281
This is the right idea. Nylon mesh is what you want. Not too abrasive, durable, able to handle bigger jobs.

I use one of pic related. Just the right size, dishwasher safe so I can keep it clean and probably will outlive me.
>>
>>7415220
how do I maintain and wash rags?
>>
>>7415660
Washing machine.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.