[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so making some cuban black beans. http://www.wvmtr.org/2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 679fdbbd60e31f9fd4067f5f482a8f2c.jpg (204 KB, 1272x1133) Image search: [Google]
679fdbbd60e31f9fd4067f5f482a8f2c.jpg
204 KB, 1272x1133
so making some cuban black beans.

http://www.wvmtr.org/2015/01/04/frosas-cuban-black-beans/

they use red wine,
but i don't have fucking wine,
what is a good substitute ?
>>
I wouldn't describe the bond in HCl as covalent

Should've just taken some carbon oxygen compound
>>
>>7414400
did i said the picture were unrelated ?
sorry,
that picture is totaly unrelated to the recipe.
>>
>>7414407
hello how is chemistry ever unrelated to /ck/

in the end everyone here is just an applied chemist
>>
>>7414387
I make a big pot of cuban black beans about once a month and have never used red wine. Also, there are no spicy peppers in cuban food. Use green bell peppers
>>
>>7414387
just go pick up some two buck chuck or something, cheap and drinkable and use that
>>
>>7414410
i hope you seriously don't cook with a bottle of chlorine under pressure .

also i just saw 1/2 c olive oil,
wait 1/2 cup of olive oil goddamn that shit is expensive.
>>
>>7414420
Cooking wise, you'd only need enough to coat the bottom of the pan.

But it's pretty common to drizzle some olive oil over the black beans and rice when you serve it.
>>
>>7414420
yeah nasty stuff, had to work with some PCl3 today, cant recommend it to anyone either
>>
>>7414420
"Olive oil" is not expensive, at least not in most places. Some higher-end brands of EVOO are, but those are generally not used in large quantities.
>>
>>7414416
OP, also wtf sugar? Don't use any of that either.

All you honestly need is the sofrito (onions, green pepper, garlic), black beans, salt, oregano, water, olive oil, and a bay leaf.

And the bay leaf is kind of unnecessary.
>>
>>7414476
>cuban black beans
>no pork
wat?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.