[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Perfect Poached Egg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: easy-poached-eggs-b-600.jpg (22 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
easy-poached-eggs-b-600.jpg
22 KB, 600x400
It should be simple, I know, but I'm a disaster when making these, so I'm open to suggestions on how to do it and get it right every time.
>>
>>7413365
Crack the egg into a cup so it's easier to pour into the water
Vinegar in the water
Stir the water into a vortex before you add the egg
Add the egg to the CENTER of the vortex.
Don't drop the egg from height. Pour it in right at surface level.
>>
>>7413373
How many minutes would you suggest for a nice runny yoke?
>>
>>7413377
At the gentlest simmer, maybe three minutes for liquid but gooey?
>>
>>7413373

Oh, forgot one detail. The water should be at a good simmer but not a full-on rolling boil. If it's boiling too strong then the large bubbles from the boiling will knock the egg around too much.
>>
Sous-vide is the only way to make a perfect poached egg
>>
forget about vinegar, forget about vortex
use FRESH (like laid on the same day/day before) eggs of GOOD quality
>>
>>7413412
This guy knows what's up. Fresh eggs are the most important thing to have for poached eggs. That's how you get the white to hold its shape.
>>
>>7413377
>>
>>7413412
Sure, because I have my own Chickens to get fresh eggs.
>If you want the best then forget seasoning/technique etc. just get your own animal for maximum freshness.
>>
>>7413381
3 and a half for slightly more gooey, 4 for almost solid
>>
>>7413412
Not everyone has immediate access to eggs that were laid the same day. There is nothing wrong with buying eggs from your local store and taking a little extra effort in your cooking.
>>
>>7413412
Well they're not sameday fresh. They're bought from the local butcher this morning and I'm guessing a day or two old.
>>
>>7413420
You should really own your own farm for fresh, organic produce. It's kind of pathetic that you don't really.
>>
regardless of this 'to poach an egg you must have your own live chicken' bollocks

it IS true that the fresher the egg the better it will poach. the structure of an egg breaks down as it ages. this is a much more significant effect than vinegar can make up for.
>>
>>7413432
>own your own farm

and it should be on land you reclaimed from the Sea by yourself
>>
>>7413432
We don't all have rich mummies and daddies
>>
>>7413441

Clearly the post you're replying to is hyperbole. But keeping chickens in the backyard is fucking easy and cheap. 'course it is impossible if you live in the city.
>>
>>7413456
>Not constructing an artificial garden for your poultry to flourish in.
Fucking casuals get off my board.
>>
>>7413365
Crack the egg in a bowl filled with water.
Microwave for 50 seconds.

Poached egg baby.
>>
>>7413377
>>7413381
>>7413417
>>7413421

add a minute for every 1000m above sea level
>>
>>7413609
I can confirm that this works pretty well.
>>
>>7413365
I used à little freezer bag, with neutral oil inside.
Cook as usual.
>>
Why don't you idiots just buy an egg poacher? They're cheap and it makes it almost impossible to mess up the egg.
>>
>>7413977
If I want a boiled egg, I will boil an egg.
>>
>>7413377
Have the water boiling, turn off the heat completely, put the egg in, wait atleast 2 minutes never more than 3
>>
>>7413609
This. Microwaved poached eggs are actually surprisingly tasty.

Make sure to cover the bowl though.
>>
>>7413639
denver fag here, thanks
>>
>>7413365
Break the egg on a slotted skimmer
Get rid of the loose white thanks to the slotted skimmer
Invert a plate on the bottom of the pot so eggs don't touch it
Water with vinegar, 80 degrees celsius
Lower the egg gently into water
4 mins
wa la
>>
>>7414097
I'm the guy you're responding to. If you cover, do it loosely. A tight cover = KABOOM.

>>7414116
Lol fuck off with all that shit.
>>
>>7414190
I am not going to force you to poach your eggs the RIGHT way. You have every right in the world to be WRONG.
>>
>>7414116
Doesn't work
>>
>>7414232
Oh you are so silly. You make us all laugh :)
>>
>>7413365
Why would you eat them in the first place, They are so bitter
>>
>>7414426
Try fresh eggs instead of rancid old ones then
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.