[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long story short, I need a recipe for Boneless leg of Lamb. Anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Long story short, I need a recipe for Boneless leg of Lamb. Anyone wanna share? I have a 3 lbs boneless leg of lamb and need a recipe to use it. I'd like something for a slow cooker, and the normal websites I go to for recipes aren't working.
I've never cooked lamb before so this is all new territory for me.
>>
>>7413356
treat it like beef, but with more seasoning because the lamb has a stronger flavor

a red wine lamb stew would be nice, sort of like beef bourguignon. make that
>>
>>7413360
I normally marinade the ever-living fuck out of my beef before I cook it so that's territory I'm very familiar with
>>
Any other tips or recipes?
>>
Lamb has trans fat. Have fun with your heart disease, there.
>>
>>7413428
How specific do you want us to get, anon?

No need to marinade since you'll be slow-cooking it.
Pat the lamb dry, season it with salt and pepper, brown it on all sides in a skillet. Put it in the slow cooker with aromatic vegetables (garlic, carrots, celery, onion). Pour in stock or wine. Maybe add some herbs like thyme, rosemary, bay leaf. Let the slow cooker do it's thing.
>>
>>7413449

Yeah, and air has smog. better stop breathing, anon!
>>
>>7413459
Alright. I think I have an idea of what to do. Thanks.

I just suggested a slow cooker because it's what I'm familiar with.

I can roast it in the oven or put it in a home-rotisserie if anyone has any other suggestions.
>>
>>7413449
I hope you die from a heart attack before you're 30.
>>
I had a lamb shank once, and I couldn't stand the taste of everything. A shame, since it was so nicely made as well.
I just dont like lamb in general, but I hope you do.
>>
>>7413535
I'm not fond of Lamb shanks myself, but I figured it may just be the cut I don't like. For example, I was never a big fan of ham, but I adore bacon. Same animal, different cut.
>>
>>7413549

Not quite the same thing, anon. Shank is just the lower part of the leg, so it's a very simple thing to your leg-of-lamb.

Ham and bacon both come from a pig, yes. But they are not only very different cuts of meat, they're also prepared in different ways. It may be the PREPARATION that's the key here, not the cut.
>>
>>7413555
..meant very SIMILAR thing, not "simple"!
>>
>>7413555
That too. As said. lamb isnt something I have experience cooking so I figured I'd experiment with it. I'm well-known among friends and family for my recipes with beef and chicken. Figured I'd step out of my comfort zone when I saw lamb at my local grocery store for the first time ever.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.