[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried making a cheese dip using the recipe on this website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: cheese_sauce.jpg (226 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
cheese_sauce.jpg
226 KB, 960x717
I tried making a cheese dip using the recipe on this website:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/15372/cheese-dipping-sauce/
But as soon as it cooled down it turned solid. This has happened every time I've tried making any type of sauce, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>>7413194

>as soon as it cooled down

You're not supposed to eat that kind of cheese sauce cold, dum dum.

Throw it in a double boiler and/or just whisk continually over low heat and it should come back just fine, assuming you did everything else right.

>confused as to why it looks like a deviled egg
>>
>>7413194
>This has happened every time I've tried making any type of sauce

Sauces must be served immediately, this is what happens when they cool. If you need to extend the life of a sauce you could put it in a thermos but even then it wouldn't get you much more time
>>
>>7413198
>>7413203
Ah I see. How would I make a sauce that can be served cold then?
>>
>>7413205

Start reading up on molecular gastronomy.
>>
>>7413205
There are cold sauces but you likely can't take a hollandaise or a bechamel like you're probably using and make it cool. The process by which your sauce is made relies on the heat to keep it loose and to set the sauce to begin with. Like >>7413206 said, to do otherwise would require some molecular gastronomy knowledge.

Are you just trying to make a dip? Hummus and tzatziki sauce are great cold dips.
>>
>>7413206
Yep and look into sodium citrate. It's the salt from acids such as lime and lemons etc.
>>
>>7413623

That's an emulsifier. It helps keeps cheese from separating when you melt it. It doesn't keep things from turning solid when cooled down.
>>
cheese you have grated your self.
corn starch
evaporated milk

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/09/cheese-sauce-for-cheese-fries-and-nachos.html
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.