[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /nose to tail/ here? It's kind of a dumb meme term
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-8025636190398687540.jpg (476 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8025636190398687540.jpg
476 KB, 1080x1920
Who /nose to tail/ here?

It's kind of a dumb meme term for something that has existed since the beginning of time. But I've always done this. It seems kind of weird that it fell so out of fashion with the baby boomers that gen x and y had to come up with a term to describe it's resurgence.

Pic related: me right now
>>
>>7411677
You making some sort of broth? That's about all the use I see out of those bits.
>>
i do.. bones and leftover shit goes in the freezer and when i have enough i make a huge pot of stock for canning
>>
>>7411681
Fried fish bones are an edible, tasty and healthy snack.
>>
File: image.jpg (425 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
425 KB, 2000x1000
>>7411677
Love fried fishbones.
>>
"Nose to tail" cooking is just what it's called in the Anglosphere. To the rest of us, it's just called "cooking."

It's because people from all the world's Anglo cultures (and honourarily Anglo ones, like Ireland and South Africa) just don't know anything about cooking.
>>
>I was into it before it was cool
>>
>>7412359
This. Almost everywhere this is just part of cooking. Nowhere else is nearly as fucking disgracefully wasteful. Plus a lot of the best flavors are to be found in the 'garbage' parts of food.
>>
>>7411677
I guess I am, but it's mostly because a lot of the bits of things people don't use are fucking delicious and/or great for stock.

Same for vegetables. A lot of them have leaves/roots/whatever that are edible and delicious but not commonly used. Carrot leaves, for instance, are flavorful as hell and make great pesto. Corn silk and cobs are fantastic additions to stocks. So much useful shit from vegetables gets tossed. Even from fruit- if you're careful you can get some insane flavors from the pits of stone fruits.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.