[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food that's good for camping.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: camping.jpg (345 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
camping.jpg
345 KB, 640x427
Food that's good for camping.
>>
crab legs
>>
salamis and cheese
>>
are you car camping or backpacking

car camping: cheap steak for over cooking, potatoes, corn on the cob, grilling veg like zuccini and peppers

backpacking: beef jerky and trail mix
>>
what do you mean by camping?
backpacking? just eat spam the entire trip, singles is easier than a can because you don't feel obliged to eat it all
campsite with stove? bring some cans of spam and some eggs (they don't need to be refrigerated) and fry those puppies up at meal time. Maybe bring some bread, you can toast it fire side to flush out the dish with some starch (jam if you want, but I don't like having to wash spoon after spoon)
>>
>>7411636
good choices, anon

I second them all
>>
>>7411636
>>7411638
I was actually thinking of beach camping. the car would be close.
>>
>>7411636
Yeeee that's my shit
>>
Sardines/ tuna, nuts, salty Gatorade, baguette, bagels
>>
Whatever has high nutritional value to it's weight and size. Also if there's no preparation required that is super great as well.
Nuts, dried fruit and jerky for example.
Then again if you mean that pretentious version of outdoor tourism then you can carry just about whatever since you have a car and most likely make camp at luxurious campsites with outhouses and running water.
>>
>>7411659
>calling other people pretentious
>>
File: Cooking-Eggs-Camp-Fire-Cooking.jpg (79 KB, 634x476) Image search: [Google]
Cooking-Eggs-Camp-Fire-Cooking.jpg
79 KB, 634x476
Can O' Beans over the fire (don't forget to punch in a vent hole). Nothing beats digging into the can straight too. If you are going with a cooler or eat it same-day, buy some steak cubes. just cut a switch off a tree, skewer meat, and roast over open fire. You can bring salt/pepper if you want too.
A good idea is to go to camping store or section in a outdoors store. They sell equipment like kebab skewers, pie makers, coffee makers, basically a whole bunch of stuff that can be used in the fire.
Also, don't forget an oven mitt. Preferablly a grill one that goes all the way to your elbow instead of the wrist. it helps.
>>
>>7411659
>pretentious
>says the Real Traveler TM
>>
i went motorcycle camping across the nothern usa and brought a small butane burner, a 6 inch cast iron, and tin foil

bought groceries every night, mostly steaks and veggies.. good times
>>
File: Fishin.jpg (972 KB, 1536x2038) Image search: [Google]
Fishin.jpg
972 KB, 1536x2038
>>7411732
I went on a trip to a lake up north in mn. I had my way both ways. Day 1 I went fishing and caught some fish. Battered, camp stove fried on a crappy boy scout pan set at the base campsite.
>>
>>7411599
Soufflé
>>
>>7411753
somebody who is asking for camp dishes is not going to be able to pull off a souffle buddy, get the fuk outta here
>>
bring like PB and J supplies for your car for the contingency that you fail to get a heat source going, not sure what beach you're going to but you may not be able to find a lot of burnables at hand
>>
>>7411752
Id like cook up some fish if I catch any at the beach. I was thinking just lemon and pepper though.
>>
File: Scenic1.jpg (839 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Scenic1.jpg
839 KB, 1536x2048
>>7411752
Day 2 I hiked out to the "outer" lake which was 2 miles away from the larger lake. It was a closed lake where you could rent kayaks on. Since no outside boats, no invasive milfoil so I could see through it about a good 20 feet through. It was amazing to clearly see the fish chase my lure.
Anyways, I hiked out 2 miles on hilly difficult level terrain. Made sure to bring paracord and a bag to throw up all my used cans and food into a tree about 100 yards distance from my tent (bears). I guess they threw a storm shelter and metal ring. Probably for insurance reasons or safety. Saw some swans and a moose across the lake. was pretty great.
(scenic state park)
>>
>>7411769
I'm bringing logs but it can get pretty windy at the beach so I'm not sure I can get them started.
>>
Get a dutch oven and coals mate

>tfw eagle scout
>>
>>7411777
***the big lake had docks and you could kayak. The little one 2 miles away was completely undeveloped save a 2 foot path around it and 3 little sites that were cleared and roughly furnished for camping.
>>
>>7411762
>he's never enjoyed the greatness of camp soufflés
>>
>>7411647
get a fishing pole and a shellfish permit if possible.

see if you can clambake.

>>>/out/
>>
File: fshrd.jpg (114 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
fshrd.jpg
114 KB, 1000x1000
>>7411877
Yea, a fishing pole can be great. They also make great ones for mobile use
>>
File: beans.jpg (152 KB, 228x330) Image search: [Google]
beans.jpg
152 KB, 228x330
>>7411599
ur mom's poooosy

we gotta bone in the woods so you and your dad don't wake up
>>
>>7411676
>>7411744
>Implying I'm pretentious by pointing out the hypocrisy in going for an outdoor adventure without being willing to give away any of the comforts of our urban lifestyles.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.