[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright niggers, I'm new to this shit, and I have a cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: maki-horikita-3.jpg (136 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maki-horikita-3.jpg
136 KB, 1024x768
Alright niggers, I'm new to this shit, and I have a cooking question. I went to the store last night and got a bag of frozen chicken breasts, frozen broccoli, and brown rice. How the fuck do I cook this shit? My diet has basically been fast food since I was small, so I am painfully ignorant when it comes to cooking. I can boil water and make shitty instant trash and that's about it. What's a simple beginner recipe that doesn't take much time?

Also I assume I probably need seasonings and shit, any recommendations? I'm gonna go back to the store and get that kind of stuff in a bit. Thanks nigs.

I was redirected from /fit/ btw.
>>
Look up some recipes.
Pick one that sounds good.
Get ingredients.
Follow recipe.
Eat food.
>>
Please tell /fit/ to stop sending you fuckers here. They know perfectly well how to cook chicken breast, brown rice and broccoli.
>>
>>7411413
Start with the chicken, and start simple. Put it into the fridge until it's thawed (soft all the way through). Get a baking sheet. Put the oven on whatever, 350-380. Put tinfoil on the baking sheet for easy cleanup. Put breasts on the sheet. Put salt, pepper, and garlic on the chicken. Bake for 40 minutes. Check the inside, make sure it's white throughout. It'll taste better because you did it yourself.
>>
>>7411413
There are two ways to learn; the hard way, i.e. fucking up yourself, and the easy way, i.e. listening to someone who fucked up and lot and learned already.
Watch stuff on youtube.
Cook every day.
Eat it even if you think you fucked up.
Think about how you could improve while you eat what you made.
Buy some spices, start to experiment.
Cook on a lower heat than you think you need to.
Basically cooking, fucking up and learning from the experience is the only way to get better.
>>
>>7411423
Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much, you saint.

/fit/ told me to get a rice cooker for rice and veggies, is that a good method for cooking them?
>>
>>7411413

That's a really good picture of Borneo.
>>
>>7411428
The back of the bag will tell you how to cook it.
>>
>>7411428
I mean you can just cook rice in a pot. I get microwavable steamed veggies because I'm a college student and I usually end up with leftovers anyways.
>>
>>7411438
>>7411428
There are 2 main ways to cook rice.

Excess water : boil a large pot of water with salt, add rice, wait for time indicated on back of bag (10-20 minutes), strain like pasta.

Absorption : In a pan, add 1 volume rice, 1.5 to 3 volumes of water (depending on rice, also on back of bag), just enough salt, cover and cook until the water is absorbed.
(In risotto, add stock cup per cup and stir during the whole process.)

A rice cooker automates the second method. With lines in the pot to indicate an arbitrary amount of water.
Each method release more or less starch/gluten/vitamins/things. Then, it depends on texture, what kind of rice you use, maybe the country of origin of the recipe.
For the vegetables, google websites with recipes. I use http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/, www.epicurious.com, and some in my mother tongue. Youtube too, but I don't search recipes there, I can overview a text and pictures recipes faster than a video.
Here, use the search options to look for recipes with the ingredients you have. With the example of broccoli (you're a stereotype of "/fit/ sent me here"), you can read a recipe of beef Stroganoff with broccoli on the side and only use the side ; but keep the idea of the Stroganoff for later.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.