[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easy to make dishes easier on the stomach...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
I know everybody has a different stomach; some people have acid reflux, GERD, Gastroparesis, etc. That said, when you are having stomach issues what easy-to-make dishes are even easier on your stomach? I'd greatly appreciate you posting pictures, recipes, and what troubles your stomach be it a medical issue, an allergy, or just a simple illness like a flu.

In my case I have both GERD and Gastroparesis and have found popcorn to be one of my safer foods. I pop it with a small bit of oil and sometimes add butter and/or salt.
>>
File: buttered-noodles-horiz-a-120.jpg (148 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
buttered-noodles-horiz-a-120.jpg
148 KB, 1200x800
Buttered Noodles.
>>
>>7411320
I have Ulcerative Colitis so when Im sick I usually have scrambled eggs for breakfast. for lunches I go with grilled chicken and white rice.or I could have chix noodle soup, or anything like fried rice with eggs and such. I avoid red meats. fish is good for your stomach to digest assuming its not fried and avoiding sodas and coffee is good. People have different diets with their stomachs (what triggers their stomach)
>>
Cholestasis. That means no fat.

My favorite things to eat:

- nabeyaki udon with the shrimp picked out
- chicken noodle soup
- saltines
- potato bread toast with jam
- Italian ice

Needless to say, I am sick of this bullshit.
>>
>>7411320
Man up, faggot
>>
>>7411371
I was simply curious as to what other people with other problems ( like >>7411347 and >>7411359 ) ate when their issues gave them issues. I apologize if I came across as a whiner or the like. I can assure you that was not the intention of this thread.
>>
Graze on raw vegetables.

I used to have acid reflux, realized it was the greasy shit I was eating lubing up the ol' esophageal sphincter and letting all sorts of bad shit upwards. Ranitidine only made it all worse.

Quit the honey buns and the ranitidine and I've been better ever since.

Now when I have a sour stomach I just eat healthy water-rich foods. Drinking water with heartburn is like pouring water on a grease fire (oh wait, that's exactly what it is...) and things like apples or carrots give you fiber to sop up the bullshit and slowly-exuded water and sugar that won't cause flare ups.
>>
I've had ulcerative colitis for 30 years. Even super tiny amounts of casein (dairy protein) set it off, so I eat absolutely no dairy. I'd also typically have intestinal bleeding from a shot of alcohol, a serving of a medium-spicy to spicy dish, or a whole lot of pasta/bread (e.g. 1 pound of pasta in a day, i'd guess due to gluten; lower gluten wheats like bulgar doesn't seem to be an issue).

I tend to eat oatmeal, rice, bulgur, miso soup, tofu, fruits and vegetables in various ways when UC flareups are an issue.

In the past 5 years I've developed some acid reflux. Triggers seem to be conventional ones for me; caffeine, tomatoes, sour foods (probably due to acidity) like lemon juice and so on. I try to avoid eating 3 hours before I lay down/sleep.
>>
Soylent or similar can help.
I can't imagine eating soylent as a regular meal, but it's probably the most bland and easy to make, eat and digest food.
>>
>>7411371
this
>>
Within the past year I've developed some GI issues, usually I just get indigestion and occasional heartburn, with a TON of burping. It's embarrassing. I'll also occasionally get some pains in my RUQ - have had a couple ultrasounds done since my doctor thought it was my gallbladder but that didn't reveal anything. I was worried for a long time it was my liver because I used to be a pretty bad alcoholic for awhile...ultrasound found nothing wrong with that either and my blood tests have shown normal liver functions. Who knows...but anyway, I just try and avoid greasy/fatty things. Ground meat of any kind really fucks with me.
>>
i am a typically healthy person and over the past year i started getting bad stomach issues and heartburn, unexplainable vomiting, shit like that

it was eggs

i stopped eating eggs and it all went away

it sucked because eggs are the best and were my favorite food

but they started to make me incredibly ill
>>
>>7412021
:(
>>
>>7411320
Look around your area for where old people eat. Usually diners and buffets. These places have a good supply of non-triggering safe foods for compromised digestive systems.

I get by on Omeprazole these days to deal with my acid reflux, but when I wasn't medicating, I would just have to avoid anything with tomato sauces or heavy spice for a few days during a flare up. Really anything acidic. Orange juice was a killer. No sodas. And if I ate heavy I was fucked.

I would tend towards light meals. Mostly salads. Lunch was usually hummus and carrots. Dinner would be a salad with chicken breast. I'd switch to tea instead of coffee in the mornings. I never eat breakfast, and I find coffee just sets me off without something in my stomach to cushion the blow.

Actually, in retrospect, heavy carbs in general set me off. Eating an atkins or keto diet with minimal spice would probably work fine for me.
>>
>>7411320
Chili cheese dogs with hot sauce, what I had for dinner last night.
>>
Stay away from garlic and onions, OP. I didn't with GERD and IBS, I just kept dealing with the heartburn and it eventually developed into an allergy, somehow, I'm not a doctor I don't know how. Anyway, everytime I eat food with garlic or onions in it, I start vomiting an hour or so later - and it continues for a good 6-8 hours.

It's not an allergy the FDA recognizes so garlic isn't required to be listed on ingredients lists, it can be sometimes under natural flavoring. I have to make every thing myself now, which isn't so bad, it's just time consuming sometimes.

I eat a lot of vietnamese food, because it's low in fat. It's easy enough to take out garlic and onions because the fresh veggies make up the bulk of the flavor. With the IBS, I avoid gluten and eat a lot of fiber.

No cured meats, like bacon or salami, and definitely no tomatos - too acidic
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.