[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got labs back and my ldl cholesterol is fucking 230 What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1454977609911.jpg (71 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
1454977609911.jpg
71 KB, 500x599
I just got labs back and my ldl cholesterol is fucking 230

What the fuck?! Thanks dad.

It's genetic, I'm an otherwise healthy man who could probably stand to lose ten pounds but who couldn't tbhonest.

So is my life of loving food over?
>>
>>7411233
>eat too much
>have high cholesterol
>it's genetic
>>
This board is populated by obese fast food junkies and reckless alcoholics with cholesterol of 250+ and blood pressure averaging 180. Half of them will probably live until they're 70 despite it. Not the best place to seek opinions on the matter.
>>
take statins
>>
When I was obese, my cholesterol and BP were fine. Feels good to be genetically-superior.
>>
>>7411233
How many tomatoes do you eat?
>>
>>7411233
maybe you shouldn't have eaten all those eggs?
>>
>>7411233
If your cholesterol is genetic and not impacted by food, why would your life of loving food be over?
Either you're a fat piece of shit and you're lying to yourself or you take some fucking pills and get on with your life.
>>
>>7411233
If you don't mind my asking, could you tell us the major components of your ancestry? I know I default to assuming 4chan is going to say racist shit, but, I know looking at my lineage has helped me predict the obstacles I'm going to face.

I have the thirst of my German and Irish heritage and the laughable stature and intolerance of milk and drink of my Japanese Grandma working against me.
>>
>>7411233
I know that feel bro
Despite being an otherwise healthy man that could lose 100 pounds or 2 my knee joints are completely fucked
Same thing happened to my parents and the rest of my family, thanks for that
>>
>>7411881
Maybe he has a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, which is being exacerbated by what would be a normal, non-destructive diet to other people.
>>
>>7411873

I love tomatoes
>>
>>7411887

Some Irish but mostly English

I drink too much and enjoy reading heady novels.
>>
>>7411254
Along with exercising, the best answer.
>>
>>7411254
Terrible answer, unless OP is looking to completely screw himself over. In another decade these things will be an amusing artifact of medical history, like bloodletting.
>>
Eat moar fiber. It helps you feel full for longer, it nourishes your gut bacteria, and it lowers cholesterol by some mechanism which I forgot a long time ago. 96% of Americans don't eat enough fiber, so eat moar
>>
>>7411233
>>7413802

This plus lose some weight and exercise, lardass
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.