[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no sticky Well then. Don't get mad at me for creating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: photo.jpg (124 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
124 KB, 1400x1050
>no sticky

Well then. Don't get mad at me for creating this presumably common thread.

New to cooking, first time on /ck/, etc. How do I learn to cook? I'm quite bad, and I'd rather start easy and do it in a very not time-consuming way. I'm quite busy, but I don't wanna get cancer or be unhealthy or something, so I want to invest a minimal amount of time to eat healthy, and perhaps, who knows, enjoy cooking.

Any resources, easy to follow tutorials, wikis, etc.?

Thanks
>>
There will never be a sticky.
>>
>>7410997
Buy cookbook. Follow directions.
Get family or friends who can cook to teach you
Watch instructional videos on youtube and follow along,
>>
>>7410997
>easy to follow tutorials,

Good Eats with Alton Brown
Gordon Ramsay's ultimate cookery course

both on youtube and great for beginners.
>>
>>7410997
Good Eats, Food Wishes, Cooking With Dog. Follow their recipes exactly the first time you cook a dish.
Do not substitute ingredients, just don't cook a dish if you can't find all the ingredients.
Experiment after you have successfully made the dish.
>>
Watch Jacques Pepin for inspiration if anything.
Also his shows are /comfy/ as fuck
>>
See, the thing about cooking is that it will end up the same exact way every time if the instructions are followed right. Think of things you like to eat and look up fancy shit. That's it, really.
>>
>>7410997

How about lurking more instead of shitting up the board with such a stupid thread?
>>
>>7411086
Yeah, what a pesky asshole asking about cooking on a cooking board, instead of lurking through the fantastically-informative fast food and carbonara threads. It's the drizzling shits, I tell ya'.
>>
>>7410997
you can't tell me what not to get mad at. fuck you I hate seeing this thread

here's some recipes from /ck/
http://ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list
>>
>>7410997
There's not cheat course OP. Pick something you want to eat. Look up a recipe (from a vetted source if starting up). Follow the instructions.

You'll fuck up and that's OK. Learn from -how- you fucked up and start again.. Plenty of sources upthread and if you want to risk the /ck/ input there's always the booru.

http://ck.booru.org/
>>
>learn proper techniques
>look up recipes
>cook a fucking ton
>make the same dishes over and over, always trying to improve, think what you are doing and why
the first point is especially important
as long as you understand what you are doing and know cooking techniques making tasty food is fucking easy
and looking at recipes you basically just have to see the ingredients and you already know more or less what you need to do
>>
>>7410997
www.google.com
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8vd4X3IGg

That's all you need.
>>
>>7411188
Seconding this completely. I would argue that technique is 90% of cooking.
>>
>>7411188
oh and making the same dish over and over will actually help you tremendously, you will probably learn more trying to perfect 3 dishes over and over again than making 30 different dishes only once
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.